Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

WOT...No download of Iraqi being shot !

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2004, 05:19 PM
yoza
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT...No download of Iraqi being shot !

The unarmed one who was playing dead.

Dangerous game to play, with Rambo in the house.
Old 16 November 2004, 05:21 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

You checked on Ogrish too then?
Old 16 November 2004, 05:24 PM
yoza
BANNED

Ive not searched for it, I expected to see it here.
Old 16 November 2004, 05:30 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I'm still stunned that the US Forces can even grasp the concept of an unlawful killing by a soldier.
Old 16 November 2004, 05:33 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I'm not, but i'm surprised the bloke was stupid enough to do it whilst being filmed by an NBC cameraman embedded with his own unit!
Old 16 November 2004, 05:41 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
I'm not, but i'm surprised the bloke was stupid enough to do it whilst being filmed by an NBC cameraman embedded with his own unit!
I've met quite a few US soldiers and some of them are too stupid to work at McDonalds, so join the US Forces. I've seen signs written by US troops asking me to "SLOW DWON" or "SLOW DAWN". The US Infantry are called Grunts for good reason.
Old 16 November 2004, 05:59 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Jerome - Grunt is an unfair term to use for US Infantry. Grunt is something a pig does, and most pigs have more intelligence than US troops

Trending Topics

Old 16 November 2004, 06:04 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Markus
Jerome - Grunt is an unfair term to use for US Infantry. Grunt is something a pig does, and most pigs have more intelligence than US troops
Easy to say that Markus,but how many of us would have the ***** to do what they are doing,facing death nearly every day.

I wasn't 100% for the war,but now they are there they deserve our support.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:04 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

of course your typical UK squadie is overflowing with A levels and most turn down highly paid jobs in the city to join the army
Old 16 November 2004, 06:07 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Its not ***** they have or bravery - in every group of mates the "bravest" one is always the thickest.

Ignorance is bliss.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:12 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm talking about US people here, not UK. WE should not be involved in Bushy boy's little war. If he wants to go in, fair enough, but I see no reason why we should support the little turd.

I'm not sure them having "*****" has anything to do with it, they are doing thier job. We don't do it as we are not in the army, they are. I would not wish to be out there, but then I'm not in the Army, as it's not something that appeals to me, but to some it does. Some, and it does seem that many of the US soldiers I have encountered are like this, do join up for the whole "glory" bit, and going to war is like rolling in **** with pigs for them!
Old 16 November 2004, 06:13 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I see everyone is quick to back the Iraqi then - judging by past experience the troops shouldnt take any chances with those b@stards (referring to insurgents). Not seen the video myself, but wouldnt put it past him to have been clutching a grenade, and waiting for a soldier/medic to come up to him and take them out.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:15 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I think we can't believe he did it on camera.

He could have just asked the guy to strip from a safe distance.

Then shot him.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:15 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

He might have even been hiding weapons of mass destruction, you never know.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:22 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gsm1
He might have even been hiding weapons of mass destruction, you never know.
lol!! actually reminds me of the opening scene of 'team america' when some arabs are in france with a WMD and team american turn up; "you in the robes, put down the Weapon of Mass destruction NOW!!"
Old 16 November 2004, 06:39 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
of course your typical UK squadie is overflowing with A levels and most turn down highly paid jobs in the city to join the army
I didn't say ALL, I said SOME US troops are thickies. Some are also extremely clever. However, US Forces are renowned for being trigger happy and are also more likely to be in combat situations - certainly in Iraq. Therefore, putting a thick US soldier in a combat situation, with tonnes of ammo, is a recipe for disaster for anyone who gets in their way. Despite this, we hardly ever hear about US troops being charged with unlawful killing.

I would also agree that some UK troops are thick, but they are normally well trained and are disciplined enough to not shoot innocents. On the rare occasions when UK troops do shoot innocents (as happened last year in Iraq), they are very quickly charged - even without the press being there.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:41 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Seen the video now, it's on Ogrish. You really don't see anything on the unedited version as the exposure is all wrong and the Iraqi is in the far corner of the room at the edge of the shot.

Still can't believe matey shot him with a cameraman filming, what a fruitcake.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:41 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

The news reports on the radio today said the soldier in question had been injured the day before and a member of his squad blown up by a booby trapped body.I'd be paranoid too as would any soldier with an ounce of sense/smidgeon of training.

Just because the camera is there doesn't mean they should suddenly forget all their training.Most of us can't even comprehend what is going through the soldiers minds in moments like this,let alone comment on split second decision making in life or death situations.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:45 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

well said markus, from all the reports I heard today this guys mate was killed yesterday in a similar position when the guy blew him up, the soldier was also injured yesterday. and I also hear they had been shooting at people in this building all day so every1 in it must have been a suspect to a certain extent.
Old 16 November 2004, 06:54 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lightning101
Its not ***** they have or bravery
bet you haven't the ***** to say they to one of the us troops faces.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:00 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

just to clarify...lots of yanks are thick...so are lots of brits.....and the place was full of ppl trying to kill the yanks who are there to kill them so im not fussed he shot him.

T
Old 16 November 2004, 07:10 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Wondered how long it would be before the 'PS2 Armchair Generals' on here started saying how thick the US soldier was, how its really, really awful!!

War IS awful!!!

You are a 19 year old, you are **** scared, you have been injured, you have seen friends blown up by apparently dead bodies, you have seen booby traps go off, you have seen suicide bombers ........

The enemy WANT to die - YOU don't!!

So, there is an Iraqi laying dead, who then wakes up ..... what do you do? remember you have 2 seconds ..... you CANNOT turn off the power and start again, no reset button, no memory card to fall back on ........

Bear in mind that that Iraqi could have been the one who beheaded Bigley! What were you lot saying we should do with them if we caught them?

He was executed - end of ........

I seem to remember what you lot would like to do to scum that steal and damage your cars ................ maybe we should invite the US Marines into a Council Estate near you? Doubt if you would call for their heads then!

Pete
Old 16 November 2004, 07:13 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
bet you haven't the ***** to say they to one of the us troops faces.
I would, stupid redneck sonofabitch would not understand my "accent", hmm, actually, that's a bad thing, would probably think I'm Iraqi as I dont speak english and then he'd shoot me.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:14 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i think everyones cool he got shot...they are just saying he should have then shot the newscrew to keep it quiet!
Old 16 November 2004, 07:15 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Pete, havng figures of Action Man with 'eagle eyes' and Dr X does not give you a military background.

You are a 19 year old, you are **** scared, you have been injured, you have seen friends blown up by apparently dead bodies, you have seen booby traps go off, you have seen suicide bombers ........
These are not conscripts but supposedly professional soldiers.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:15 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

just to clarify...lots of yanks are thick...so are lots of brits.....and the place was full of ppl trying to kill the yanks who are there to kill them so im not fussed he shot him.

T
I'm not in the least bit bothered either. I'm just surprised to see the US forces actually charge this guy. It seems like he has some good mitigation. Maybe his "punishment" should be being sent back home with a stiff clip round the ear.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:16 PM
yoza
BANNED

Well said Peter.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:18 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

i think everyones cool he got shot...they are just saying he should have then shot the newscrew to keep it quiet!
No, everyone is not saying that. I'm not particularly shocked because I know the Yanks do this kind of sh*t all the time. Only the naive would believe a camera just happened to catch a one off incident.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:18 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gsm1
Pete, havng figures of Action Man with 'eagle eyes' and Dr X does not give you a military background.

These are not conscripts but supposedly professional soldiers.
They're still scared!!

And I will ignore your moronic first comment .......... you have no idea so shut your trap! I don't doubt that you would crap your nappy had you to do what they are doing!

Pete
Old 16 November 2004, 07:25 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Wondered how long it would be before the 'PS2 Armchair Generals' on here started saying how thick the US soldier was, how its really, really awful!!

War IS awful!!!

The enemy WANT to die - YOU don't!!

So, there is an Iraqi laying dead, who then wakes up ..... what do you do? remember you have 2 seconds ..... you CANNOT turn off the power and start again, no reset button, no memory card to fall back on ........

Bear in mind that that Iraqi could have been the one who beheaded Bigley! What were you lot saying we should do with them if we caught them?

He was executed - end of ........

I seem to remember what you lot would like to do to scum that steal and damage your cars ................ maybe we should invite the US Marines into a Council Estate near you? Doubt if you would call for their heads then!

Pete
Could I politely ask you to get a copy of the Geneva Convention and have a good read, then come back here and post something sensible.

For your information, there are live shooting ranges for troops where targets pop-up and you have a split second to react - shoot or don't shoot. Some of the targets are enemy soldiers pointing weapons at you, some are women cradling a baby, some enemy soldiers attempting to surrender etc etc. These facilities are there to train soldiers to shoot the correct targets.

I'm sure even you must have realised I'm not a PS2 general by now...

Quick Reply: WOT...No download of Iraqi being shot !