FAO Scoobydriverwannabe

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2004, 05:02 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow FAO Scoobydriverwannabe

Sorry I had to lock your thread mate.

Unfortunately some people are more interested in trying to belittle others, or are more interested in simply arguing the toss over somewhat less than important detail, than actually providing any worthwhile enhancement or adding any value to the thread.

The real irony (which I doubt is lost upon them) is that in trying to demonstrate superior intellect or literary skills, they always end up appearing in less than favourable terms by doing so.

What is perhaps more amusing for the rest of us is the generally accepted position that such actions are usually based upon deep rooted insecurity and significant failings in other aspects of life.

However, notwithstanding that, such pendantic ****e as spouted by a number of members of this BBS will not be condoned on my shift.

D
Old 16 November 2004, 05:15 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the original subject of that thread, can I just say "Asberger's Syndrome"? Sounds like a classic case. Read up and learn - and learn why most techniques involving subtlety won't work. You'll need to be polite, firm, and above all, TRUTHFUL. Yes he'll be hurt, but he should move on.

M
Old 16 November 2004, 05:20 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Diablo

Unfortunately some people are more interested in trying to belittle others, or are more interested in simply arguing the toss over somewhat less than important detail, than actually providing any worthwhile enhancement or adding any value to the thread.

The real irony (which I doubt is lost upon them) is that in trying to demonstrate superior intellect or literary skills, they always end up appearing in less than favourable terms by doing so.

What is perhaps more amusing for the rest of us is the generally accepted position that such actions are usually based upon deep rooted insecurity and significant failings in other aspects of life.

However, notwithstanding that, such pendantic ****e as spouted by a number of members of this BBS will not be condoned on my shift.

D
Nail on the head there
Old 16 November 2004, 05:25 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

I'd let him come clubbing with you, make sure the place has a dress code - and make sure he's miles away from home when you all go in and he gets turned away. With luck it should be raining. He will work it out eventually
Old 16 November 2004, 05:29 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

D - Good lad! Nail the pedants to the (virtual) wall.

Nothing like taking a debate about a freak and turning it into a lesson on grammar is there?

I do wonder if there is a PedantNet BBS out there that we could migrate some of these users to?
Old 16 November 2004, 05:43 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

D
No probs Diablo it was getting a little out off hand, im still only half way through reading it

Having a little trouble translating it into non educated northern speaky

But thanks too the people who made a useful contribution too help my predicament
Old 16 November 2004, 05:51 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
Having a little trouble translating it into non educated northern speaky
LOL

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
But thanks too the people who made a useful contribution too help my predicament
The best way to solve this is to tell him to his face. Preferably not in front of everyone though. Be upfront and honest.

I used to work with a guy who had a serious personal hygiene problem. One day - with a bit of Dutch Courage - I told him. He actually understood and appreciated me telling him. My work colleagues were especially grateful.

Trending Topics

Old 16 November 2004, 07:24 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Yes, it was a shame the original post was locked but then it also wasn't given the chance to get back on track. Distinguishing between valid points in a discussion and arguments is something a good moderator should be able to do. Redkop was present and didn't feel the need to lock it, what's that say?

No superior intellect displays there at all, granted it should have been in a separate post to allow ScoobyDriverWannabes' to continue but I assume the irony lies firmly in your quarter. It's ok to use whatever language or digs you see fit when you like because hey, you have the little power button to edit, lock or delete as you see fit.

Oh I'd certainly agree with that one.

Unless of course you spout it.
Old 16 November 2004, 07:56 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Obvioulsy pedants are a touchy breed.

Pointing out the mistakes of others must be *so* exhilarating to some. Maybe they got bullied at school for being a swot and this is thier revenge on the world, or SN at least?
Old 16 November 2004, 08:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just had a thought.

Could we possibly adopt a "PEDANT!" type 'shout' as we do in a similar manner to SIAL (which I actually loathe) whenever we spot a pedant being pedantic on a thread?

As for an image, well, the only one I could think of is the one I've seen in muppets, of a coin, roman I believe, which says "cvnt" on it. Think it would be appropriate.
Old 16 November 2004, 08:07 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Markus

Obvioulsy pedants are a touchy breed.

Pointing out the mistakes of others must be *so* exhilarating to some. Maybe they got bullied at school for being a swot and this is thier revenge on the world, or SN at least?
I wouldn't know, the cap certainly doesn't fit me.
Judging by your wet and brown nosing replies on here constantly I'd pretty much say it was referring to yourself.
Old 16 November 2004, 08:22 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Yes, it was a shame the original post was locked but then it also wasn't given the chance to get back on track. Distinguishing between valid points in a discussion and arguments is something a good moderator should be able to do.
.Chance? For Gods sake give me strength Yes and that's why Diablo is a Moderator and you aren't.
Redkop was present and didn't feel the need to lock it, what's that say?
What that says spoon is.. do NOT ever presume or say you know what I feel, unless you are in possession of full facts! I wasn't aware I had told you I was late for a dental appointment and didn't have time to deal with the thread.
No superior intellect displays there at all, granted it should have been in a separate post to allow ScoobyDriverWannabes' to continue but I assume the irony lies firmly in your quarter.
Is that really how you see it? A strange, but typical predictable reply from you.
It's ok to use whatever language or digs you see fit when you like because hey, you have the little power button to edit, lock or delete as you see fit.
Oh I'd certainly agree with that one.
It is not a little power button, but hey if you want to 'think' that... fine, like we give a **** what you think

Another comment from you earlier on the locked thread...
Maybe a group buy on back bones is in order?
Wow that's really clever, must have taken you ages to think of that, but rest assured, the inference hasn't gone unnoticed.
Old 16 November 2004, 08:30 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

HEAR HEAR Lynne!
Old 16 November 2004, 08:33 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

FPMSL
Old 16 November 2004, 08:34 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Talking

A pendant forum........lol...........
Old 16 November 2004, 08:36 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Redkop
.Chance? For Gods sake give me strength Yes and that's why Diablo is a Moderator and you aren't.
You're pulling my leg. If the moderators job was a paid one and offered to the likes of myself I would be highly hypocritical to accept it. I'm old school, none of this nampy pampy wet nursing behaviour from me.
.What that says spoon is.. do NOT ever presume or say you know what I feel, unless you are in possession of full facts! I wasn't aware I had told you I was late for a dental appointment and didn't have time to deal with the thread.
First of all I assumed nothing. What on earth that relates to god only knows? You were present but didn't have time to vape it because you were going to the dentist? Big blóódy deal. I merely said you never did anything, I was right so no assumptions there then. The reason/s why you never is your business. Tell somebody who is bothered.

.Is that really how you see it? A strange, but typical predictable reply from you. It is not a little power button, but hey if you want to 'think' that... fine, like we give a **** what you think
That's how it is in the majority of cases, I certainly wouldn't be the only one to know that.

.Another comment from you earlier on the locked thread... Wow that's really clever, must have taken you ages to think of that, but rest assured, the inference hasn't gone unnoticed.
No, it rolled off my tongue very quickly. Glad it's captured your attention too. I'm pleased for you, I really am.
Old 16 November 2004, 08:39 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Talking

Markus,you requested a thread for pendants.
Your wish is my command

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1447

Old 16 November 2004, 08:45 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

lol @ pendant thread on chavscum, think I'll get me one of those.

Spoon - stop being a mincer!
Old 16 November 2004, 08:50 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

You're pulling my leg. If the moderators job was a paid one and offered to the likes of myself I would be highly hypocritical to accept it. I'm old school, none of this nampy pampy wet nursing behaviour from me.
AFPMSL - save your hypocrisy spoon, it's wasted, you wouldn't get the chance
Old 16 November 2004, 08:58 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

AFPMSL - save your hypocrisy spoon, it's wasted, you wouldn't get the chance
It makes me smile how you really think you have the authority to say what I would or wouldn't get. Bless you for thinking you are really really important.

It'd be the website or nothing in my case though.
Old 16 November 2004, 09:10 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

It makes me smile how you really think you have the authority to say what I would or wouldn't get. Bless you for thinking you are really really important.

It'd be the website or nothing in my case though.
I am glad I can make you smile spoon, but I'm afraid the 'I'm old school, none of this nampy pampy wet nursing behaviour from me.' would rule you out. How nice of you to reciprocate the favour and make me smile. Bless you.

PS. It's namby pamby btw
Old 16 November 2004, 09:14 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

AFPMSL now whos the Pedant
Old 16 November 2004, 09:14 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

PEDANT ALERT! PEDANT ALERT! PEDANT ALERT!
Old 16 November 2004, 09:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Buzzer - The difference with Lynne is that she she doesn't get off on being pedantic, whereas some of the pedants clearly do. Must cost them a fortune in glass cleaner and bounty, having to clean the screen everytime they spot a spelling or grammar mistake that they can correct.
Old 16 November 2004, 09:16 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Old 16 November 2004, 09:20 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I am glad I can make you smile spoon, but I'm afraid the 'I'm old school, none of this nampy pampy wet nursing behaviour from me.' would rule you out. How nice of you to reciprocate the favour and make me smile. Bless you.

PS. It's namby pamby btw
Sorry to have to disagree. I'm telling you it would rule me out.

I'm honoured that you used my phrase too in reply, more than likely due to the lack of an original response, but hey, nice all the same.

I could say the namby pampy mistake was deliberate to see if you could be what's known fashionably as a pendant, but I won't because it was a genuine mistake.

But wait, you still pointed it out. So that makes you no better than the other pendants. Right back to square one I guess?

Anyway, I'm off for a póo, you work like no suppository I know.
Old 16 November 2004, 09:22 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

ooh now thats nasty!
Old 16 November 2004, 09:28 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Spoon, as amazed as I am at your assumptions and thoughts, I have to agree with you though, that you are heading for the right place with them.... the bog! Very apt in the circumstances from all the bull**** you are spouting Just make sure you take your time and don't strain too hard, you might end up like Capacious Nadgers!
Old 16 November 2004, 09:32 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

ooh, the grapes of wrath!

Sounds like Mr Spoon (spoon by name, spoon by nature) already qualifies as a 'grape', he's **** enough
Old 16 November 2004, 09:38 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

LOL! I love threads like this, just look at yourselves bickering away like a load of old fishwives! Diablo has managed to start a bickering thread on the basis of a thread he closed for bickering.

Edited to add:

such pendantic ****e

Last edited by ajm; 16 November 2004 at 09:41 PM.