Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What's best to do about this w@nker?

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2004, 11:07 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's best to do about this w@nker?

I bought a phone for a "mate" back on the 26th of September (see here) and I got it on the 1st of September. He gave me a load of bull about his work messing up his wages and he'd pay me on the Monday, ok I thought and gave him the phone.

It's now 6 weeks on and after many excuses I haven't heard from him for over 2 weeks

I sent him a friendly text last monday asking if there was any chance of that cash this week but he didn't even bother replying even though he'd been texting and on the phone to another friend that very night

I then sent him another text on Wednesday telling him that because I'd been more than resonable and he'd ignored my last request I wanted the phone back by the weekend but you guessed it by last night still no phone, money or even a reply!

Now I have no real idea where this fool lives because he gave us some bull about moving to a house in High Wycombe so I went last night to try and find this house but I couldn't find either his car or van in the area that he said he lived I do know where his parents live though and I suspect that he still lives there but he is always staying away with his work and his house is a good 20 minutes from mine across country so could be a total waste of mine & another mates time showing up there to try and take the phone from him

What would you lot do? I've already thought of starting an auction on ebay for the rights to go and give him a slap and get my phone back using a photo of the w@nker.
Old 15 November 2004, 11:11 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you bought a fone for a friend? and you dont know where he lives? doesnt sound like a very good friend to me. thats what you get when your too trusting of people and others wonder why people have such a harsh outlook on life nowadays... look after number 1 which it seems this "friend" seems to be doing, Id go knocking on his parents door but keep it nice and clean parents usually have a nice way of getting through to them presuming he still lives there, see what you can get from that, otherwise its a cricket bat in a dark alley job
Old 15 November 2004, 11:15 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Did you keep the serial number of the phone ? If so, you could text him to say that you're reporting it stolen and the phone will be locked unless he coughs up ?

All the best

Matt
Old 15 November 2004, 11:15 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

I hate it when you go to help someone out and get treated like this I'd go round his parents house and tell them whats what and to let them know your not happy about been ignored whilst hes texting other mates on the phone. If he hasnt go the money, he shouldn't of got it in the first place, never minding pi55ing you about ....
Old 15 November 2004, 11:21 AM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a typical scammer - goes through life thinking he's really clever by screwing other people over.
Leave a note with his parents but keep them sweet.
Old 15 November 2004, 11:21 AM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Why bother with texts ? Why not just ring him
Old 15 November 2004, 11:25 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Ring him from one of the mates phones that he's still sending texts to (so he picks up), tell him you've got the IMEI and will report the phone stolen if he doesn't cough up for the phone or hand it back immediately.

Then remind him what a nice house/cat/dog his parents have.
Old 15 November 2004, 11:40 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your replies

We used to be very good friends but we fell out a few years ago (You can probably guess why!!!!) and we started talking a few months ago after the death of his nephew who was only 3 years old. When he came back in contact with us all he told us that he now lived in Wycombe but we feel that this is a lie

My thoughts on texting are that he has to read them but he can ignore a phone call.

I didn't ever get the serial number (very stupid thinking about it now )

Another good mate of mine (the one who was on the phone to him last week) has also been sending him texts to pay up and now he is being ignored too
Old 15 November 2004, 11:42 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan

Then remind him what a nice house/cat/dog his parents have.
hahaha If only that were true
Old 15 November 2004, 11:46 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Get his address from his parents and go and see him, tell them you have something for him Then go and pay him a visit, refuse to leave until you get the phone or payment. Take a friend or two with you
Old 15 November 2004, 11:56 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It's £35 quid he owes looking at the other thread. I'd say that's cheap to find out the bloke is a to55er. I'd write it off and forget about the gimp
Old 15 November 2004, 12:00 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

It's more the point than the money, after I'd paid Dean for postage too it came out at £40 and that's a bargain for one of those phones Even more of a bargain when you don't pay for it
Old 15 November 2004, 12:07 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
It's more the point than the money, after I'd paid Dean for postage too it came out at £40 and that's a bargain for one of those phones Even more of a bargain when you don't pay for it
If you ever want to sell your car give me a call and we can sort something out .

ps I'd do one of those "Birthday Banner" things (You know the sort saying jasey is 40 today) with the ***** name on it and the fact he's ripped you off and horse it up somewhere in a very public place .
Old 15 November 2004, 12:15 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by jasey

ps I'd do one of those "Birthday Banner" things (You know the sort saying jasey is 40 today) with the ***** name on it and the fact he's ripped you off and horse it up somewhere in a very public place .
Now that's a good idea I like that one
Old 15 November 2004, 01:28 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem a couple of years ago. I sold a pay as you go phone and sim to a girl at work.But kept hold of all the deatils.
She never paid me and then left the company, i left the phone live got a couple of months then called Orange and told them i lost the phone, and asked them to cut it off !!!

LOL ... the number went dead within the hour, never did come back on !!!
Old 15 November 2004, 02:36 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, write it off to experience ................
Old 15 November 2004, 02:49 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasey
Or even get a scrapper and park it outside his parents' house, with such a sign locked inside...
Old 15 November 2004, 04:46 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Can't you sign the old mobile number up for some errr.....special services?
Old 15 November 2004, 05:47 PM
Azyman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
It's £35 quid he owes looking at the other thread. I'd say that's cheap to find out the bloke is a to55er. I'd write it off and forget about the gimp
i must agree it is shame that there are so many W*****S who do this to ppl it seems a lesson learnt there for yourself
Old 15 November 2004, 08:27 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

I have just been stiffed for the best part of £500 by a so called good mate, and he got that cheap.The work I did for him would have cost him a feckin fortune if he had to pay other tradesmen to do it.

I think the phrase is "ce'st la vie."
Old 15 November 2004, 10:19 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

My thoughts on texting are that he has to read them but he can ignore a phone call.
Not sure, but you can just delete texts on my phone without having to read them.

I suggest:
Step 1
Dial 141 before dialing his (sorry your ) mobile number. (withholds CLi).
Keep doing this and if you do speak to him keep grinding him down till he pays up.
Step 2
If this fails, either yourself, when you are on holiday far away, different time zones, give him a call on his, sorry your, mobile at a nice time for you, but 2,3,4am for him or if you have friends far away ask them to use a payphone and give him a nice wake up call.
then repeat Step 1
Step 3
If this still fails, sign up his, sorry your, mobile to as much junk generating SMS text message rubbish you can find.
then repeat Step 1
Step 4
Sign his email address, not yours , to as much sh!te as you can find.

Just goes to show, mods too are human!

Best of luck!
Old 15 November 2004, 10:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

find sum mate who still speaks to him and try and get him to meet at a pub or sumthing?>
Old 15 November 2004, 10:44 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

do step 3 lots - sign him up for as many subscription services as you can. Even better, post the number here and we can all sign him up for some. Should be able to cost him at least 40 quid a day

Wont get you your money back, but as the say, revenge is sweet.

ALternatively, post the number here and we can all call him once a day and try to sell him double glazing
Old 15 November 2004, 11:05 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

I didn't ever get the serial number (very stupid thinking about it now )

yeah BUT HE doesn't Know!

you could lie, and say you give him upto 3 days, to pay up or he'll report it stolen.,

after 3 days get a mate, with a deep voice, to call him ,
and say this is pc *gibson* from x police station we have your details on file blah blah etc.

i remember there was someone i hate (not telling how/why)

i signed their address to that catalogue which costs £1/2 i think it was *look*
signed him for britania vid club (HAHA try canceling that sub)
the PC club (post one)
got him a cosmo subscription and a neighbourhood (any random one) (it WAS pay later one
i also managed to get him a few gay magazines sent to MR. x rather than first name,( so his DAD might open it)
BUT with the letter inside saying his first name, and saying here are the gay contacts in your area, we are a very discreet company etc
i also got his number selling something on loot and to call at awkward times
(beware last one though, he may change his number)

otherwise goodluck

i would forget the money and go straight to the REVENGE
ps its more fun that way , and we can all be informed here
Old 15 November 2004, 11:28 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you could lie, and say you give him upto 3 days, to pay up or he'll report it stolen.,
I second that
Old 16 November 2004, 11:04 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Cool

Wow quite a few good replies here

Originally Posted by mj
I have just been stiffed for the best part of £500 by a so called good mate, and he got that cheap.The work I did for him would have cost him a feckin fortune if he had to pay other tradesmen to do it.

I think the phrase is "ce'st la vie."
Now that's a different story! Sounds like you've put in alot of time there and that's quite a bit of cash to me it's more the point than the money.

I'll tell you another part of the story that I'd been trying to avoid because it makes me angry.

He has a history of bothering my sister (he hasn't ever had a girlfriend and makes up girlfriends that no-one ever meets!) and recently my sister changed her phone number so I was chuffed that he couldn't contact her. We went down the pub one night a couple of months ago and he tried getting me to text her from his phone and I thought no chance but tried to skirt around it. He then went the following day and spoke to another friend (the other guy I keep mentioning) who wasn't aware of him bothering my sister and asked him for her number and he gave it to him....DOH!!! The texts started within the hour

My mate Mark who gave Dave (the w@nker) the phone number then got a phone call from me and I filled him in on the story of what he had done in the past and why neither myself or another friend would give him my sisters number. Mark then called him and tried telling him not to bother my sister but he has I only found out that he has still been bothering her last Monday after about 2 months

Originally Posted by Buckrogers
Not sure, but you can just delete texts on my phone without having to read them.

I suggest:
Step 1
Dial 141 before dialing his (sorry your ) mobile number. (withholds CLi).
Keep doing this and if you do speak to him keep grinding him down till he pays up.
Step 2
If this fails, either yourself, when you are on holiday far away, different time zones, give him a call on his, sorry your, mobile at a nice time for you, but 2,3,4am for him or if you have friends far away ask them to use a payphone and give him a nice wake up call.
then repeat Step 1
Step 3
If this still fails, sign up his, sorry your, mobile to as much junk generating SMS text message rubbish you can find.
then repeat Step 1
Step 4
Sign his email address, not yours , to as much sh!te as you can find.
ROFLMAO Thing is that he more than likely wouldn't answer a call with no cli (he never used to) because it could be trouble

Originally Posted by Buckrogers

Just goes to show, mods too are human!

Best of luck!
Sadly yes we are very human

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
find sum mate who still speaks to him and try and get him to meet at a pub or sumthing?>
No-one speaks to him now He's a moody ****** and has the **** now because my friends are all upset with him for taking the p!ss out of me

Originally Posted by fast bloke
do step 3 lots - sign him up for as many subscription services as you can. Even better, post the number here and we can all sign him up for some. Should be able to cost him at least 40 quid a day

Wont get you your money back, but as the say, revenge is sweet.

ALternatively, post the number here and we can all call him once a day and try to sell him double glazing
I intend on doing that to get revenge

Originally Posted by wwp8

after 3 days get a mate, with a deep voice, to call him ,
and say this is pc *gibson* from x police station we have your details on file blah blah etc.

i remember there was someone i hate (not telling how/why)

i signed their address to that catalogue which costs £1/2 i think it was *look*
signed him for britania vid club (HAHA try canceling that sub)
the PC club (post one)
got him a cosmo subscription and a neighbourhood (any random one) (it WAS pay later one
i also managed to get him a few gay magazines sent to MR. x rather than first name,( so his DAD might open it)
BUT with the letter inside saying his first name, and saying here are the gay contacts in your area, we are a very discreet company etc
i also got his number selling something on loot and to call at awkward times
(beware last one though, he may change his number)

otherwise goodluck

i would forget the money and go straight to the REVENGE
ps its more fun that way , and we can all be informed here
Very good idea and a very good point he has no idea that I forgot to get the serial number.

I like all the other ideas too because I will get my own back for this
Old 16 November 2004, 12:41 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

It really makes my blood boil when people do things like this to good people. Let us know how things go and whether there is anything we can do to help

I like the gay mag idea
Old 16 November 2004, 01:31 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

The mag idea was my favourite too

I will leave it a while before I do anything revenge wise for obvious reasons
Old 16 November 2004, 01:50 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

In light of recent information my plan has changed.

Take the "Birthday banner" and wrap the w@nker in it with a couple of bricks and toss him in the local canal.

You'll be doing a lot of people a favour by the sounds of it.

I think you should post up his mobile number and let the ScoobyPool take care of the rest .
Old 16 November 2004, 01:55 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

On reflection though, it makes it kinda sad really because I bet you'll think twice before helping someone else, who is genuine out.!

Quick Reply: What's best to do about this w@nker?