Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any Pbase or Usefilm posters out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2004, 06:55 PM
Beer Good
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Any Pbase or Usefilm posters out there?

Have been reading all the old threads on digital SLRs, some confusing, some humourous, some enlightening. Yes, they are nowhere near film quality yet, but I want to experiment with digital.

I just couldn't decide between Nikon D70 and the Canon EOS 20D. I love the photos I've seen on www.usefilm.com taken with both cameras. Ultimately I think a flaw in my character made me opt for the Canon. I really wanted to buy the Nikon; the pictures posted around the 'net just seemed 'better' somehow, but I just couldn't shrug the feeling that if I bought the Nikon I'd wish I'd bought the (very very very very marginally) superior Canon.

I'm rambling. The reason for the post is to ask if anyone in the Scoobynet community posts to Pbase or Usefilm (whatever the camera). Please don't post telling me I've made a mistake - the EOS is arriving tomorrow & I'm excited as a 36 year-old big kid can get! And don't tell me I should have bought a 3 grand beast either!!!

Just wish there was something worth photographing in Derby!!

Cheers
Steve
Old 12 November 2004, 07:08 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I use pbase and it's great, dead handy being able to drop photos on there and you can post at different sizes. Often I just post 40K pics when I am downloading over a mobile so people can keep track of me but some of the shots are a bit larger than that.

For me it is a handy way to be able to keep track of my photos. Most of them aren't art as quite often they are taken for people or to demonstrate something but it can be fun and it is great being able to point friends at a simple link rather than them having to mess about with attachments or FTP or similar.

With this in mind I'd recommend it.
Old 12 November 2004, 08:38 PM
Beer Good
Scooby Regular

Link to my (current) favourite photo, like I said, the Nikon is very good!

http://www.usefilm.com/image/601928.html

Don't know if you need to register to view, but if you do, it's worth it