Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: If you could vote in the States, who'd you choose?
Bush
20.19%
Kerry
66.35%
Neither
10.58%
Nope, don't have an opinion
2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Assuming you could vote in the US elections

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2004, 10:51 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assuming you could vote in the US elections

.... who would you support?
Old 01 November 2004, 10:52 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Edit your post and do a poll

:edit: Lol! That was quick!
Old 01 November 2004, 10:53 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Just did!
Old 01 November 2004, 11:00 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately the American public are more easily led than Blair so I see another 4 years of Bush f**king over the world.
Old 01 November 2004, 11:28 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I'm Republican by nature though not keen on Bush. I'm sure there are better, more capable and educated people to do the job from the Republicans!?!?!

Kerry hasn't got a hope in hell either.
Old 01 November 2004, 11:46 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

But we probably won't know the final result for weeks/months.....
Old 01 November 2004, 11:50 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Kerry - for no other reason than to get the dangerous war monger out of office. Likewise I will be voting for Howard for the same reason.
Old 01 November 2004, 11:52 AM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

I have voted by mail for Bush. My kind of guy!
Old 01 November 2004, 12:41 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Bush is just a trigger happy tw@t. Cant even put a sentence together, let alone run the worlds' most powerful country.

Kerry has a better head on his shoulders and a better outlook.

Bob
Old 01 November 2004, 01:07 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

JFK

Bush is a religeous lunatic as extreme as any Islamic fundamentalist. 4 more years of Bush will be a disaster for the USA and middle east.
Old 01 November 2004, 01:11 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Not sure how voting for a dead guy is gonna help, John.

Agree about Bush, though.
Old 01 November 2004, 01:23 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

LOL I just hope if this JFK gets in the same thing doesnt happen to him.
Old 01 November 2004, 01:29 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Kerry. Not so much as a vote for Kerry, but a vote against Bush.

70 British families have lost a loved one because of Bush and his war on terror targetting the wrong country. 1000 or more US (and rising) families have also had their lives blighted by this war mongering idiot. This is reason alone in my book.

I could go on about Bush avoiding the Vietnam war, his religious fanaticism, his hypocrisy (accusing Kerry of changing his mind when he himself has changed religion 3 times, is one example), and many other unpleasant things about him, but it would get boring.

On a personal level, I despise him for getting me sent to Iraq (indirectly, obviously) - partly because I really didn't like being there, but mostly because of the worry and upset it caused my loved ones.
Old 01 November 2004, 01:34 PM
De Warrenne
Scooby Regular

Whoever is president of the US is relevent to all non-US resident people so I think we should have a right to vote...
Old 01 November 2004, 01:35 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by De Warrenne
Whoever is president of the US is relevent to all non-US resident people so I think we should have a right to vote...
Will never happen but good call !!
Old 01 November 2004, 01:49 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Watched 'question time' in Miami and it is clear how in Britain and Europe view Bush is very, very different to how the americans see things.

Hence, I think our SN poll will be very different to the actually US polls.

Bob
Old 01 November 2004, 02:18 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

The general US population have no idea on what happened in Eye Rack. Their news reporting is, and has been, significantly one sided.

The UK have had much more balanced reporting, and coverage, hence the massive (according to the SN poll anyway) one way vote for Kerry.

The Yanks just don't see the woods for the trees.........
Old 01 November 2004, 02:19 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

ooops - just realised I used the words Yanks - I hope this isn't as politically incorrect as P*key.......
Old 01 November 2004, 02:56 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
ooops - just realised I used the words Yanks - I hope this isn't as politically incorrect as P*key.......
Yanks is fine, just don't call them Septics.
Old 01 November 2004, 03:45 PM
hotsam
Scooby Regular

<--American voting for Kerry
Old 01 November 2004, 04:05 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Wink

Well, hopefully Bushs staged video of Osama won't work and the American public will see thru him

Geezer
Old 01 November 2004, 05:01 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Geezer
Well, hopefully Bushs staged video of Osama won't work and the American public will see thru him

Geezer
Wouldn't bet on it. Alot of "Hell Yeah!" & "God save America and no place else" over there.

Bob
Old 01 November 2004, 05:15 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Stupid White Men
Old 01 November 2004, 05:39 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that overall Kerry would be better for the world's general good. I would not trust Bush for anything wuth the evidence so far.

Les
Old 01 November 2004, 06:14 PM
bigJoe
Scooby Regular

I’d vote for Bush

He’s a strong leader, honest and has conviction. He gets things right most of the time and gets the job done usually (I do believe the administration was 100% in the handling of Iraq though and north Korea for that matter) sure he’s not perfect but who is?

If all politicians had half of those qualities then the world would be better place.

But all you Bush haters,

Do you think American foreign policy will really change?

The Jewish lobby has a huge influence, and of course no president will stop the supply of arms and aid to Israel it would cost American jobs in these lean tines.

Kerry has said he’ll be tough on the war on terror (he has to be like it or not) and American troops are (like it not) in Iraq for the long haul, so that won’t change and realistically it can’t for the stability and future of Iraq. I’m sure I needn’t remind you that Kerry voted to liberate Iraq at the time.

But really the most significant factor (I believe, and I’m no expert) is that the nation is split down the middle, therefore if Kerry wins he won’t deviate far from the status quo because he’ll upset half the country and he wont be able to push though liberalised laws on gay marriage etc, either. After all every president wants a second term, perhaps even more than the first.

Remember after the USS Cole was attacked Clinton fired a few cruse missiles at a training camp in Afghanistan – this is not acceptable post 9/11 (and yes hindsight is wonderful).

Finally,

A lot of people seem to have a real hate for George Bush, but have considered that you don’t actually understand him or his motives (seriously)? Can you say you understand John Kerry for that matter? Have you dug deeper than the often bias (yes it is, really) reporting to find out what makes them tick? Although you may be able to form an opinion from media sources, is it based on fact and not media spin (just for ratings remember)?
Old 01 November 2004, 06:25 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Interesting thread this.

Firstly you have to consider that we (as in the UK) only see any American administration from a 'foreign policy' perspective. Most Americans will vote primarily on domestic issues as what matters most to them is the dollar in their pocket.

Unless you live in the US you are unlikely to be able to weigh up the entire spectrum of each party's political stance hence most votes on this poll are made without a full appreciation of what each party stands for on domestic and foreign policy issues.

Of course as Scoobynet well knows all Americans are stupid (and by implication everyone in the UK is a regular genius) hence if they vote Bush back in it will be no surprise. Or maybe it is because they feel that he puts America first. Of course as someone alluded elsewhere on this thread the whole 'God Bless America' thing is very wrong yet many on here are of the opinion that we in the UK should behave exactly the same way as far as Europe goes. Then again I guess it's a case of do as we say and not as we do eh?

Oh and before you decry my statement regarding the Americans voting primarily on domestic issues I think you will find that the UK will vote exactly the same way. Everyone is jumping up and down now about Blair and Iraq, but when polling day rolls round they will vote simply based on which party they feel is best for the pound in their pocket. The real irony of course is that this is how the 80's administrations of Reagan and Thatcher made people think and in the UK it may well be why her party remains out of power.

It is also interesting to compare the way in which the two opposition parties in the US and the UK have remodelled themselves. In case of the Democrats in the US they took a fresh approach to this election building a team of candidates that are for the main relatively new. The Conservative party in the UK, however, are just reshuffling the same old faces who lost the last two elections and have even chosen a leader who made mistake after mistake when they were last in power - doesn't bode well for them I think.

Finally to those who commented about America having biased media/news coverage etc. compared to the UK I disagree. I spend quite a bit of time in the US and they seem to have quite a broad political spectrum when it comes to news/media outlets. Of course if you chose to watch/read only one of them then it will be biased.

We in the UK might do well to look closer to home for real media bias. What makes any of you think the news/media in the UK is any less biased than anywhere else other than your blind belief than British is best.

Regards,

tiggers.

P.S. I voted for 'don't have an opinion' as for the reasons stated above I don't think I am in a position to make a proper judgement call on another country's election.

Last edited by tiggers; 01 November 2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01 November 2004, 06:56 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I voted neither. What I would like is someone who has the ***** to say that USA may have its foreign policy wrong. Yep I know pigs might fly

There's the Palestinian issue for starters but bloody politics means you can't alienate the huge Jewish pro-Israeli lobby in USA. Plus all Arabs are second/third class citizens for those closed yankee minds.

I think Bush will scrape home on the devil-you-know basis. DL
Old 01 November 2004, 07:09 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

This is the official George Bush homepage for his re-election:

www.georgewbush.com

Can anyone get access?
Old 01 November 2004, 07:28 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

i think that the polls in the US say it all, it's neck and neck - i.e. nobody knows who to vote for - both equally useless

i think most people in the UK dislike dubya because he is as thick as s**t. fact. oh, and evil!

bring back clinton!!
Old 01 November 2004, 07:37 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gsm1
This is the official George Bush homepage for his re-election:

www.georgewbush.com

Can anyone get access?
Yep, no problem. Why?

Quick Reply: Assuming you could vote in the US elections