Stumbled across this, this morning

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2004, 11:09 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stumbled across this, this morning

From another web-site

I'm sure meny of you have seen this or something close to it, I just ran across it today and decided to post it for general consumption. My belief is this is an example of the expression of a growing isolationist sentiment in this country. I find the sentiment somewhat compelling, in reality I think these would be hotly debated policy decisions with worldwide consequence. See what you think.

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR OUR NEXT PESIDENT GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans:
As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries that have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the
world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be
distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to
those nations on List 2 ceases indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war. The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France. In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home.

On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo, boys. Work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables, too. By the way Palestinians, we are no longer going to restrain Israel!

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with
France, Germany, and Russia Thanks for all your help, comrades.

We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are
likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple of extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA
treaty---starting now. We are sick and tired of the one-way highway. It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn tootin."

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around
the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America.

To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget. To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Go to Hell. God bless America. Thank you and good night.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:13 AM
Pastor
BANNED

A load of old rubbish IMHO, the world would be a better place if the USA didn't exist.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:18 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pastor
A load of old rubbish IMHO, the world would be a better place if the USA didn't exist.

no it wouldnt.....it would be grim.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:23 AM
Pastor
BANNED

A world without the USA- less pollution, no war in the middle east, no arrogant world dominating morons, more oil, less conspicous consumption, no 'Friends' or similar crap. Sounds great to me.

The evil empire? Look no further, history will regard them as the worst imperialists and resource hoggers ever.

All IMHO, you are welcome to yours.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:25 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Just wait to China becomes the world super power, which it is well on the way to being, we are all stuffed then.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:27 AM
Pastor
BANNED

It will be great, we can all tow the communist party line, little different in the final analysis to following the "WORLD FREEDOM/FIGHT AGAINST TERRORISM tm" line that everyone is supposed to follow, or be branded an enemy of the USA.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:55 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I have said it before, and I say it again, I believe that the United States is the biggest threat to world security ever. Far worse then the Soviet Union or China, or Al Qaeda, or Iraq, or North Korea or.....................

But they make good movies, and their theme parks are good

Geezer

Last edited by Geezer; 27 October 2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:57 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

OMG

I actually agree with Pastor

Last edited by Diablo; 27 October 2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 27 October 2004, 11:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If it wasn't for the USA Pastor, you'd be dominated by men in jackboots, unless you were wearing them as well!

Les
Old 27 October 2004, 12:00 PM
Pastor
BANNED

I take your point Leslie but equally the USA wouldn't exist right now if it wasn't for England.
I was talking about a world in the present day without them dominating it.
Old 27 October 2004, 12:05 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by farmer1
Just wait to China becomes the world super power, which it is well on the way to being, we are all stuffed then.
Can you quantify this statement?

Wasn't this the same sentiment in the 80's about Russia?
Old 27 October 2004, 12:20 PM
Ringpeas
Scooby Regular

Most of the terrorist threats that the USA receives are due to its own meddling with the affairs of other countries.
Old 24 November 2004, 10:16 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Can you quantify this statement?
Don't have any figures just what my boss tells me, like they have driven the price of steel up by a third (can't remember the time scale)

That they have the largest air force, biggest population etc.

Wasn't this the same sentiment in the 80's about Russia?
Don't know I was 3 years old by the end of the 80s and have never been taught anything about russia.

Sorry for the delay in reply.
Old 24 November 2004, 11:09 AM
popeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
If it wasn't for the USA Pastor, you'd be dominated by men in jackboots, unless you were wearing them as well!

Les
You do realise the importance of our own contribution to fending off the men in jackboots don't you? I mean we'd already seen them off before the yanks got unwillingly dragged into it.
Old 24 November 2004, 11:14 AM
popeye
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

"To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo, boys. Work out a peace deal now."

Wouldn't hold your breath for this.