Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Will anyone actually admit to being a bad mannered imaptient driver?

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2004, 01:22 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will anyone actually admit to being a bad mannered imaptient driver?

I'm asking the question because everyone on here always refers to 'Them' when ever the topic of dodgy driving habits comes up - but no-one ever seems to admit to it themsleves.

I'll admit to the fact that I can loose patience with people pootling along at 10mph under the speed limit for no good reason - but on the whole I try to let people out into traffic during the rush hour and I try to leave a reasonable space between me and the car in front in traffic queues (not the bumper hugging that seems to appeal to some people!).

I drive A LOT of miles each year all over the country and am amazed at the staggering amount of bad mannered driving I see. Though I have to say I'm heartened to see how seriously people take the principle of getting to work on time - the risks they take and the refusal to let anyone squeak in front of them demonstrates a real commitment to the work ethic.

Will anyone confess to tailgating/ queue jumping/ refusing to let others out into traffic etc etc?

Also - do you have double standards? I ask because when speaking to 'someone' recently they explained how they switched lanes on a particular stretch of road to make the most of things in slow moving traffic, but went onto say that they didn't like letting people pull in front of them........
Old 21 October 2004, 01:25 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Will anyone confess to tailgating/ queue jumping/ refusing to let others out into traffic etc etc?
Yes, but not without extreme provocation
Old 21 October 2004, 01:25 PM
Pastor
BANNED

Yes but I do my best to not behave like that. Although deep down the idea is still there I do all I can to make sure it doesn't come out. Seeing all the incompetent people out there on our roads tends to make feeling any different very hard indeed.

Not guilty on the tailgaiting or letting others out front. Although I have to admit that as I like to use all the available roadspace I could be accused of queue jumping.
Old 21 October 2004, 01:27 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Now and again, when provoked
Old 21 October 2004, 01:28 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

99% of the time I am a courteous driver, but every now and then if someone annoys me enough I will have a go, with a bit of tailgating to get them out of the way - usually the 60mph in the right hand lane lot.

Not often these days though, more so when I worked miles away from home.
Old 21 October 2004, 01:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Usually very mild mannered, laid back, just let the idiots get on with it.

There are occasions which are very few. Couple it with a bad day and a tussle with a "bad mannered impatient driver". I do like to prove a point that they have no more right on the road as I do (right of way and police excepting ).

Normally I apply the rule of "let 1 car out infront of you" when stuck in traffic by a junction, nstead of blocking it, or when lanes merge. I expect the same consideration - afterall, if everyone did this the roads would run a hell of alot smoother.

Instead we get junction blockers and people who who don't let anyone infront or merge infront, or people who try push in and merge infront when the person has already given way to 1 or 2 cars. Woe betide any of these people who meet me on a bad day.

Normally 20ft of space aint worth argueing about. However, 40ft on a bad day...I may take exception to
Old 21 October 2004, 01:32 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Just spent 3 minutes replying with reasons and SN lost my post.

Summary - Yes to all when Tw@ts around me provoke me especially Old Blokes and any Female.

Trending Topics

Old 21 October 2004, 01:37 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Would following in the wake of an ambulance (after cars moved out the way) be bad mannered impatient driving ?

I did that once (note the word "ONCE") , very very checky, but it got me to the airport on time!
Old 21 October 2004, 01:51 PM
Catwoman
Scooby Regular

Only to male drivers
Old 21 October 2004, 02:03 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

I'm sometimes awful - a really bad day in the office will have me broadsiding the car on roundabouts, triggering ABS for a laugh over a manhole cover, ordoing double the speed limit. Sometimes all three.

Not really very good, which is why I tend to commute by self-powered two wheeler. I can get as aggressive as I like off road and the only person who suffers is me.

Last edited by the moose; 21 October 2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 21 October 2004, 02:06 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Beth,
I freely admit I'm a bad driver, no point in pretending I'm something I'm not. Plus I'll also admit that I do have a little bit of a road rage problem, just ask anyone who has been unfortunate enough to be a passenger in a car with me driving
Old 21 October 2004, 02:06 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Catwoman
Only to male drivers
We should meet .

The bit I had written about the ladies was basically trying to let them join the traffic but a large majority don't seem to pay attention - So I don't bother anymore - Cruel - but it was my wife nagging me that finally stopped me from being curteous to the Lady Drivers.

The Blokes in Flat caps is much more general - They just annoy me .
Old 21 October 2004, 02:19 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Angry

OK, drove way too fast and tailgated on the motorway all the way to work....

Pulled out in front of some woman in a cra4ppy old fiesta this morning (not deliberately) and immediately stopped and held up both hands to say sorry. She was obviously giving f this f that - then it dawned on me the speed she must have come round the corner so I raced up the road to yell out the window (on a parallel road - couldn't be late now could I ) to slow down you miserable ugly ******* fat cow. Only backed off coz the missus said "no need to drive like a tosser too" so saved it for the motorway.

No excuse drove like a **** for no reason - on reflection I should of course followed her at safe speed and distance and kicked the $hit out of her (that is a joke BTW).

Disclaimer: none of the above contains insults as her car was a cr4ppy fiesta and she was miserable, ugly and ******* fat.
Old 21 October 2004, 02:26 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

*i park in disabled spots
*i queue jump,hey its the free market
*i always let other drivers out,its my bit to improve the image of BMW drivers

....but i never overtake dangerously or tailgate,hey,thats just plain dangerous.
Old 21 October 2004, 02:28 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

I do get very annoyed but generally only shout at people and gesticulate, no-one provokes me into tailgating etc.

People who are really annoying me at the mo are

a) Those poor souls who can't afford to pay for indicator stalks.

b) People who do 45mph in a NSL bit of straight road and then continue on at the same speed when entering a 30mph zone, in my opinion one of the most dangerous types of drivers around.

c) People who are incapable of freely moving to the proper lane on motorways, this demonstrates to me that they are not skilled enough and aware enough to be behind the wheel.
Old 21 October 2004, 02:32 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Will anyone actually admit to being a bad mannered imaptient driver?
I am a bad mannered, impatient, intollerant, grumpy, condesending, cynical old sod in general, why should I be any different in a car?
Old 21 October 2004, 02:38 PM
Catwoman
Scooby Regular

Jasey

Its ex-boyfriends that can't drive that but think they can that made me say it.

"If your that good a driver then you fu**ing park" it is the normal one I get, so I do.............exit one pi**ed off man with his male ego hurt.......
Old 21 October 2004, 02:42 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I have pften been referred to as a 'gobsh1te' I am usually OK untill someone pisses me off by cutting me up/slowing me down for no reason/trying to force into a space. The the red mist settles and away we go. I have been know to drive an extra 50 miles to ensure that a middle lain hogger can't leave the motorway

Last edited by fast bloke; 21 October 2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 21 October 2004, 02:46 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Catwoman
"If your that good a driver then you fu**ing park"
I've only *known* you for 5 minutes and I don't think I would say that to you

ps I do still let the ladies out but they still let me down about 35% of the time - And the wife gives me that "I'm right" Look you girls are so good at
Old 21 October 2004, 02:50 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Im very courtious IMO, Im always letting cars out etc (hoping they remember the scoob and let me out next time Im sat getting pi55ed off at a junctions ) but in all honesty if some dosey driver pi55es me off tootling about blind etc I give mucho verbal and its getting worse, think its the stress of driving around in town cause thats the only place I get mardy in the car, some right dim wits around here.
Old 21 October 2004, 02:52 PM
Catwoman
Scooby Regular

Jasey, they only say it to me when I sit there and say I could do it better myself so I do ask for it Mind you since owning my Scooby I drive most of the time anyway
Old 21 October 2004, 02:59 PM
deanimus
Scooby Regular

Not a bad driver, but can't parallel park to save my life
Old 21 October 2004, 03:01 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

My driving style/attitude changed (I should say became worse) the closer I got to Central London. In C.London, you cannot drive courteously and actually get anywhere. You would never ever be able to turn right out of a t-junction in the rush hour for example.
Old 21 October 2004, 03:03 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

i think i probably have double standards too, i agree with that 'someone' it is a bummer having to sit in a queue that has been created by people cutting in. But when you are one of the cutters-in going nicely down an empty road driving past people sitting going nowhere then its ok "i just using empty road". sometimes i just follow the crowd, "if they do it i might as well join them & do it as well..."

everyone does it in some form or other & bollocks to those who say they dont
Old 21 October 2004, 03:07 PM
Pastor
BANNED

If everyone uses both lanes right up to the merge point ie all the road available then there is no queue jumping and no need to get angry about it. Just 2 queues of traffic merging and facilitating each others progress as swiftly as conditions allow.
Should be part of the highway code IMHO.
Old 21 October 2004, 03:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Its my car... i pay my taxes..

so **** off out of my way..

its my road an i,m gonna use it..

Mart

Yup i,ll admit it...

no provocation or it irks me crap required!!!!!

LOL

Mart

ps i,m normally so timid, if its ok with you chaps!!

Mart
Old 21 October 2004, 03:16 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

I drive like a tw@t. I can't help it.
However, put me in a car with no go and i tend to drive like my mother.

I have to admit that since i've had powerful cars my road rage has actually got better. When you drive a scoob people dont tend to frustrate you for long.
Old 21 October 2004, 03:26 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

DBW,
did you exepct this level of honesty from SNetters?

Andy

(who can be provoked in gesticulating and swearing reasonable easily by pissy pants drivers, 4*4 's, middle lane morons, my new one is white vans who think that we are all scared of them and try to push in 40 cars past the merge point: I block the gap intentionally now.
Old 21 October 2004, 03:27 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

probably for every 50 times i have been cut up, to which i dont normally rise up to (99% of the time) i may be the cutter-upper once. Every time though i'll get honked/flashed/re-cut up like theres no tomorrow

ps. to all those who may cut me up in the future

Last edited by InvisibleMan; 21 October 2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 21 October 2004, 03:54 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

One word IM - Indictors.....

Markus - my opinion of your driving was formed the first evening we met in the "Oh, THAT fence post" incident! Are you sure your not really a blonde...?

Quick Reply: Will anyone actually admit to being a bad mannered imaptient driver?