Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hifi Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2004, 02:20 PM
Madjay2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hifi Advice needed

collecting my VSX-AX3 tomorrow and Silver6 front speakers. by christmas i plan to have my SFX rears and Silver Centre. BUT what dvd player would u lot recommend and CD transport as i'll be using the AX3 for Stereo as well for the time being.

also a good hifi rack what would u recommend?
Old 17 October 2004, 02:49 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

I use a sound organisation AV rack for my 2 ch stereo - plenty of space that way. It's well made and reasonable value for money.
Old 17 October 2004, 04:23 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Madjay2
collecting my VSX-AX3 tomorrow and Silver6 front speakers. by christmas i plan to have my SFX rears and Silver Centre. BUT what dvd player would u lot recommend and CD transport as i'll be using the AX3 for Stereo as well for the time being.

I have used the Sony DVP-NS930B (or DVP-NS930V if you prefer silver!) for about 18 months now. It's a superb player and has Progressive Scan output (if you have a Plasma screen), Dolby Digital and DTS decoders built in, and Component, RGB Scart, S-Video Scart, Optical and Digital Co-ax Outputs too. I run it through a pretty high-end system but it looks great on any screen. It's from the Sony top-end 'QS' range.

It's also available for only £250 Multi-Region HERE and probably even cheaper if you shop around.

It is also a SACD player and can play Audio CDs, VCD, Super VCD, DVD-R/RW, CD-R/RWand MP3. It also remembers where you got to on the last 40 DVD's you watched.

All the AV magazines raved about it too (I seem to have a knack for buying things when they're fisrt released (usually on impulse) and then the magazines love them!)

The picture quality is outstanding and the colours and depth are superb. The connections are as flexible as you could ever need and the Digi Coax output is great too. I decode all the audio externally but the onboard decoder is none-too-shabby either.

If my DVD player broke tomorrow, I'd replace it with the same player straight away.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by mad_dr; 17 October 2004 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 17 October 2004, 07:53 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I'd say dont go for a Sony.
I paid £400 for mine,it takes aaaages to load and after only a year i get the dreaded "disc is dirty" error message.Its a problem Sony know about but are just burying their head in the sands.

Denon or Pioneer.
Old 17 October 2004, 10:06 PM
MikT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Madjay2
Stands Unique sound tower.

*COUGH*

I have a mint one up for grabs with a spare glass shelf if you are interested. PM me.

*COUGH*
Old 17 October 2004, 10:10 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

quadraspire make good stands.