Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lord Hutton to withdraw report, appologise to BBC

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2004, 02:30 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lord Hutton to withdraw report, appologise to BBC

Lord Hutton is to withdraw his report into the death of Dr David Kelly, absolve the BBC of any blame, and apologise to the Corporation.

Lord Hutton's move follows the formal withdrawal by the chief of the Secret Intelligence Service of the claim that failed dictator Saddam Hussein™ had weapons of mass destruction that could be used within 45 minutes of an order being given. That claim was central to the row last year between the BBC and the government, which was a direct cause of the death of Dr Kelly and the ensuing Hutton Inquiry. The Foreign Secretary, Jack Straw, announced the withdrawal of the 45 minute claim.

The Hutton Report had found the government entirely blameless for anything, and put the full blame for all that has gone wrong with Britain's involvement in the Iraq fiasco, as well as with the weather, the pound and English football, on the BBC. However a spokesman for Lord Hutton said that his lordship now accepts that his conclusions were based on incomplete and incorrect evidence, and that as a result he had asked Tony Blair to withdraw the report and issue a retraction. He said that Lord Hutton wished to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to the BBC, and especially to its former Director General Greg Dyke and reporter Andrew Gilligan for any personal inconvenience the report caused them. He added that his lordship is now of the opinion that the BBC in no way erred in its reporting on Iraq and WMDs.

Can't you see this happening

Old 14 October 2004, 02:45 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 14 October 2004, 02:53 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

If only.....