Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kids:Love or Loathe

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2004, 06:10 PM
juicy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Kids:Love or Loathe

If you had your time again, would you honestly have children? Would you have been older/younger ideally and have they made your life better or worse!

Old 08 October 2004, 06:52 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

My 2 year old lad is into the Terrible 2's big time. There are times recently (like today) he drives all of us up the wall, but if I'm honest, I wouldn't swap him for the world.

Andy.
Old 08 October 2004, 07:12 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

dont have my own, but i have two great nephews 2.5 and 10 months. love em to bits. even when the eldest does wake me up by (nemo style) nogging me.
Old 08 October 2004, 07:19 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have 4 boys, 13 / 15/ 17 / 19
Wouldn't change a thing, if i had my time again i would do the same, practising was brill

Best bit is im still young enough to go on the pi$$ with my eldest and try and pull there mothers

Only joking
Old 08 October 2004, 07:27 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I have no kids and want it to stay that way, I know what i put MY parents through
Old 08 October 2004, 07:49 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andypugh2000
I have no kids and want it to stay that way, I know what i put MY parents through

So do i Andy, so i know all the tricks
Old 08 October 2004, 07:56 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Walwal
My 2 year old lad is into the Terrible 2's big time. There are times recently (like today) he drives all of us up the wall, but if I'm honest, I wouldn't swap him for the world.

Andy.
I know that feeling Mine first went into terrible twos on the IOW scooby meet! and didnt i know about it!
wouldn't swap him for ther world even if he is a little sod! only thing i would change if i could go back is i would wait a few more years before having kids!
Old 08 October 2004, 07:58 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Trade him in for another fish I loathe them at 6am with a drum banging around my ears but he is a little star even if he is a little ****
Old 08 October 2004, 08:06 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Trade him in for another fish I loathe them at 6am with a drum banging around my ears but he is a little star even if he is a little ****
Hehehehe you bought him the drum ... you deserve it If i have to be up that early then so should you be at weekends
Old 08 October 2004, 08:09 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Firstly,
Why do you ask?

Secondly,
Got two girls aged 13&15 and wouldn't change a thing. Life without them would be very dull and boring.Chip.
Old 08 October 2004, 08:34 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dazza01
I have 4 boys, 13 / 15/ 17 / 19
Wouldn't change a thing, if i had my time again i would do the same, practising was brill

Best bit is im still young enough to go on the pi$$ with my eldest and try and pull there mothers

Only joking
No Dazzaa...the best bit is you're still young enough to fancy their girlfriends AND kid yourself they fancy you.
Old 08 October 2004, 08:38 PM
jimi
Scooby Regular

It seems to me that kids are nothing but trouble but some kids are great,so if you have a good one great.If you have a bad one poor old you,you will have a problem for the rest of your life.

JIM
Old 08 October 2004, 08:54 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Cool

I love mine to bits,

theres times that i wish i could give them back!! but thats what being a parent is all about..

for all those whove got kids respect!!!

for all those who havent... respect... and now we know who will become the grumpy gits down the road with the manacured lawns!!!!!

lol

mart
Old 08 October 2004, 09:47 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juicy1
If you had your time again, would you honestly have children? Would you have been older/younger ideally and have they made your life better or worse!
I had my first child when I was 17.My both the kids are cool
I love them to bits
I stil would say that generally,all children are lovable but it depends upon whether they are spoilt handful brats or the sensible ones.
Old 08 October 2004, 09:51 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

got 2 girls - aged 4 & 15 months.

Wouldn't change a thing - not even the timing

Dan
Old 08 October 2004, 09:53 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

We had little Frank when I was 35. He's six now. He's into punk, plays the drums incredibly well for his age and is a complete star. He's everything I hoped a child of mine would be. No standing on windy touchlines for this Dad! (You see, I can't stand feckin sport; me and Frank go and play "Pretty Vacant" if we want a little 'Father and Son' time)
Old 08 October 2004, 10:22 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by paulr
No Dazzaa...the best bit is you're still young enough to fancy their girlfriends AND kid yourself they fancy you.

sssshhhh don't say that my lads trolls thru scoobynet
Old 08 October 2004, 11:21 PM
Wheelman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Two girls for me, aged 3 and 5. Can't envisage life with out them despite divorce and a load of s**t from my ex. (the youngest was 3 months old when I was asked to leave) and her replacement for me. My regrets, they had to go through me departing the family home and the fact I don't spend enough time with him. Someday their mother will get a shock when they are old enough to understand it all (and I can answer their questions truthfully!), they are however under no illusion they are loved by both parents and that is the most important thing. Think about all the things you loved and hated about your parents and learn from it, don't just do the same. Sounds daft but see to many people take the attitude that 'cos it was done to them' its OK for their kids.
Old 09 October 2004, 08:31 AM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

I love my Harrison to bits and he makes me laugh at the weirdest things!!!

The only thing I do worry about sometimes is what the country/world will be like in 15 or 20 years time....and then I think I was selfish to want to bring a child into such a evil place....
Old 09 October 2004, 04:39 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Mine has made me laugh or smile about 20 times today and still counting. She's only 1 but her face lights up when I get her in the morning and again when I get home from work - its worth it just for those 2 daily looks alone (sometimes she even does a little dance too!

I hope that she's unlikely to go wrong if we raise her right - kids that go wrong/bad are often from bad homes or have other disadvantages IMHO.

D
Old 09 October 2004, 04:45 PM
wrxsmo
Scooby Regular

My daughter is 3 and a half years old & is a true ray of sunshine in our lives & we've just found out we're having another baby

Joan I believe it's important that the decent people in the world re-address the balance ! (idealistic I know, but thats me )
Old 09 October 2004, 07:26 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I love my daughter to bits but other people's kids get right on my t!ts..

Some sticky little sod in the hairdressers kept coming wandering over this afternoon with outstretched paws. After a few glares at his father which resulted in half hearted "Come back here Logan"s (Logan! Sheesh) I got up and walked out. Went over the road and paid an extra £3 for my haircut.
Old 09 October 2004, 11:15 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Love the grump LOL He sounded like a right horror
Old 10 October 2004, 11:05 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoanUK300
The only thing I do worry about sometimes is what the country/world will be like in 15 or 20 years time....and then I think I was selfish to want to bring a child into such a evil place....
Joan, I met a guy once on holiday who said he'd never have kids as the world is so evil.

My reply was that, fifty years ago, you would have brought them into WWII. A hundred years ago, they'd have an outside privy with no running water, and no penicillin. A hundred and fifty years ago, they'd have been sent up chimneys at age 8.

Relax. The world isn't as evil as you think. And apart from his bullying episode, I bet Harrison doesn't think it's evil either - and THAT is the most important thing
Old 10 October 2004, 11:34 AM
Little Miss WRX

No kids and intend to stay that way!

My cars I classify as my "kids".

I have too much I want to do to get tied down with kids and apart from the fact I am in no situation to even think about it.

Single with no kids and loving every moment.
Old 10 October 2004, 11:40 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Little Miss WRX

Single with no kids and loving every moment.
Damn right
Old 10 October 2004, 12:40 PM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

Thanks everyone....nice to know there are some respectable people out there....

It`s not just the things that have happened to Harrison lately, I am on about the place we used to live...not necessarily violence...we moved because of all the drug barons around and when I found out we lived next door to one , well the house was on the market pretty quick I can tell you. Then there was the schools, bend over backwards to help the influx of refugees and our kids were put at the bottom of the pile????

Then there are the goings on in other countries...is anywhere going to be safe? Then the Government.....well thats a subject I wont even go into cos it causes too many rows...

Although I try and encourage Harrison to be outgoing and stand up for himself...I do worry when he goes out to play....we used to play for hours up the park on in the streets but nowadays there are so many weird people....Will he be able to get home safely if he needs to urgently?

Well, I know we live in a safer environment where we are now, but outside of that is a BIG wide world that is full of crazy people....I hope some good comes of this violence, but at teh moment I fail to see how and why
Old 10 October 2004, 12:56 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

I've got no kids now and would never want any more but good luck to those who have them. Like some, loathe others. Watched with horror one day as looking in front on the plane was a girl with lovely curly auburn hair. Cue the little git behind her with the well chewed opal fruit in his fingers to use her hair to help him stand up. That was my Moto moment.
Old 11 October 2004, 09:42 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

I don't know whether i will love or loathe my child but i'm not keen on other people's lol....whoops, shoulda thought about that really. With hindsight, i should have waited another few years and gone to uni, got a career, got a home of my own, got some money, paid off debts............ Nevermind eh
Old 11 October 2004, 10:22 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

My two are a joy (boy aged 4, girl aged 17 months), even if they do drive up the wall occasionally.

However, I find 99% of all other children despicable!

Geezer

Quick Reply: Kids:Love or Loathe