Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Out of control kids in a cafe!

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2004, 04:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Out of control kids in a cafe!

Here's something that really makes my blood boil. Coming back up the A1, my wife and I stopped at a diner for a meal.

In one corner behind us was a family, well-to-do looking, not scruffs by any means, but with 3 young children totally out of control.

The kids were screaming, yelling, standing on the seats etc etc, while the parents screamed back at them ineffectually, telling them "Don't do this," or "don't do that", while the kids just yelled "NO" at the tops of their voices.

They were already served, so there was no mileage in asking for them to be removed.:

Needless to say, we had coffees, and left:

Why can't some people control their kids? Mine never behaved like that in cafes or restauarants, in fact we were complimented more than once on our two.

Alcazar
Old 02 October 2004, 05:02 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree completely with you but lets just examine the alternative........

"WAAAAAAAAAAAH, SCREEEEEEEEEEEAM"

Mum: "<kids name> be quiet or you'll get no ice cream!"
Kid: NOOOOOOOOOO!!! ARRRRRRG <stands on seat>
Dad: Don't talk back to your mother and sit down now <in firm tone>
Kid: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ARRRRRRRG
Dad: <grabs kid and whacks him a hard one over the ar%e>
Kid: <floods of tears>
Off Duty Cop: Excuse me sir would you accompany me.....

Welcome to a 'child abuse' hearing

I just f*cking love this country
Old 02 October 2004, 05:03 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

You know, that's something that does tend to bother me at times.

I don't have children and won't do for a good few years yet, but it's strange how people don't have the principals to bring their children up, correctly isn't the right word, so we'll go with well mannered.

I remember that when I was a young boy, I had the utmost respect for my parents and wouldn't think twice about crossing them, purely because I didn't wish to let them, and/or myself, down.

Younger children tend to have a little more attitude these days than when I was a boy. When I was at school, I had a lot of respect for teachers and older pupils, but that seems to have gone a little out of the window, at least from my experiences.
Old 02 October 2004, 05:17 PM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

I totally agree...if your kids can`t behave in public then they don`t go out!!!

Harrison only misbehaved once and that was in McD's....I literally dragged him out and to this day, he is now 9, he NEVER plays me up when we are out. Different story when we gwet home though...can`t have it both ways

Joan.
Old 02 October 2004, 05:21 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

I think the power flow has been reversed these days.

The kids are holding all the cards and seem to know it

Perhaps the human rights movement are pushing just a bit too hard.
Old 02 October 2004, 05:34 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

You should have had a word with the parents. Recently we were forced to sit in a pub and listen to two little boys of about 5/6 swearing and asking their chav dad at the top of their voices if he is "a f*cker" whilst his Dad was snogging and tongueing the ugly minging mother right there infront of us all.

I felt compelled to ask them (as we were leaving ) why they thought out of a pub full of families their children were the only foul mouthed uncontrollable little urchins and why they weren't ashamed of the fact as it reflected badly on them as parents.

His answer?

"f*ck off!"

And therein lies the problem....

Last edited by ajm; 02 October 2004 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02 October 2004, 06:07 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

I always felt worried to embarras or act bad with or without my dad in public. Even when I went to the dentist I totally co-operated as a young child while having a filling knowing that my dad would be happy with me and he would look good. Making your parents look bad was never an option ever. I just respect my dad and elders generally...you don't seem to get that anymore. Children are a product of their parents.

Aaquil.
Old 02 October 2004, 06:32 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Had this in the Barbour Shop the other day. Had to wait while some moaning, blubbing brat had his hair trimmed. The parents only response was to bribe him of a reward of ice cream once he had got through the 'ordeal'. Don't they know that rewarding poor behaviour in this way will just encourage the kid to do it more.

UB
Old 02 October 2004, 08:14 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Damn right UB!!!
Old 02 October 2004, 08:16 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I reprimanded 3 kids the other day that kicked gravel off a drive onto the side of my car as I drove past - **** them up so much they offered me 50p
Old 02 October 2004, 11:32 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I'm not condoning bad behaviour but these kids will ultimately provide the tax burden which will pay for our retirement / NHS / Nursing care / funerals !!

Midlife.....
Old 03 October 2004, 12:10 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

What about the burdens of ASBO's, Break in's, muggings, GBH's, Alcohol related violence, general theft and Benefit's (unneeded and taken fraudulantly) etc. these chav kids will bring when they grow up after being bred IN EXCESS by chav parents like the ones that ajm spoke to...

QUOTED FROM ajm: 'His answer? "f*ck off!" '...NICE...I wonder where the chav kids get their lovely colourful language from?!!!
Old 03 October 2004, 12:17 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

It comes from my tax burden at the moment ..... about £30K

At 6 and 8 years of age I'd not put my kids in the Chav bracket just yet, hopefully
Old 03 October 2004, 12:26 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
You should have had a word with the parents. Recently we were forced to sit in a pub and listen to two little boys of about 5/6 swearing and asking their chav dad at the top of their voices if he is "a f*cker" whilst his Dad was snogging and tongueing the ugly minging mother right there infront of us all.
FPMSL

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Had this in the Barbour Shop the other day. Had to wait while some moaning, blubbing brat had his hair trimmed.
You can get your hair cut whilst browsing the wax jackets now?

Being sensible now, I read a while back that if you haven't instilled discipline into a child by the time it is 3 years old, it's too late.

Unfortunately, there are (at least) 2 reasons for anti-social kids:

Firstly, the chav type of parent who has no respect for anyone and doesn't feel the need to raise their children to be any different. Their kids end up being the kind that routinely spit on the pavement, drop litter, swear and abuse policemen or anyone else in a position of authority etc etc.

Secondly, the well meaning parents who mollycoddle their kids - terrified of even verbally disciplining their children, let alone giving their kids the odd smack. Their kids end up being spoiled little brats with the notion that society owes them everything and that they never have do any hard work to get what they want. They also think that the rules of polite society don't apply to them. They may not behave quite as badly as the ******* described above, but they aren't far off.

Last edited by Jerome; 03 October 2004 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03 October 2004, 12:42 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slap em and tell em to shut up I say!!!
there way too much pampering goes on these days!!!
Old 03 October 2004, 12:43 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i agree a lil bit with u guys and besides its the parents fault for spoiling the brats

and also end of the day their lil kids, we cant expect them to be adults
Old 03 October 2004, 12:44 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Didn't mean your kids at all MIDLIFE I meant those uncontrollable little scumbags raised by scumbags or those mollycoddled spoilt brats as Jerome mentioned. I pay tons of tax as well you know...for scumbags who can't get off their lazy backsides to go and earn a decent honest living instead claim benefits all their useless lives.
Old 03 October 2004, 12:53 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Jerome - Being sensible now, I read a while back that if you haven't instilled discipline into a child by the time it is 3 years old, it's too late.

Too fecking right, my now 2 year old was saying please and thank you at 18 months! Tis a shame the Mrs didnt do that with her brat of a son (my step son) however a little bit of retrospective discipline is going along way Little ****!
Old 03 October 2004, 01:35 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I think this sums up the reasons why I never want to have kids, I was a problem child and gave my parents loads of grief and that was in the days when you could whack a kid too
Old 03 October 2004, 11:30 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Aaquil...

Jerome seems to have beaten (not literally) me to it ...........................
Old 03 October 2004, 11:55 PM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

'Slap em and tell em to shut up I say!!!
there way too much pampering goes on these days!!!'

No Kids need pampering and spoiling. Out of control is exactly what these liberal do-gooders want.
Old 04 October 2004, 01:04 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scooby96
Jerome - Being sensible now, I read a while back that if you haven't instilled discipline into a child by the time it is 3 years old, it's too late.
I disagree, I think kids are easier to discipline when they're old enough to realise that there's a consequence for their actions. When they're very young it's difficult for them to understand what's socially acceptable and what isn't - parents can't explain it to them as they're still trying to get to grips with language skills. Plus when they start to throw a wobbler in public it's usually to get attention, so the best tactic is to ignore it completely. Unfortunately this is usually impossible due to the general public's rubbernecking and tut-tutting : so the kid succeeds in getting attention and the parents (providing they're not the chav types of course) just want to crawl in a hole and die.
When they're older and realise the repurcussions on themselves they start to toe the line a bit more !

I can tell quite a few people on this thread don't have kids of their own and I guarantee their responses would be different if they'd experienced it first hand !
Old 04 October 2004, 01:33 AM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Many times it is down to the parents but some kids can just be hyper no matter what. Relatives of mine have a son who never stopped having tantrums and shouting and screaming when he was young. His parents are decent people who tried their best to discipline him but really struggled. Now he's almost 20 and is very chilled out, thankfully.
Old 04 October 2004, 08:45 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Well I don't have Kids but I can stop some little **** from annoying me just by looking at him/her. You can threaten Kids as much as you like but you have to look like you mean it for it to be effective.

I particularly enjoyed the little **** of a child that was jumping up and down on my laptop case (in my house) and his mother has asked him three times to stop - it only took one request from me and he got off it (Oh and his Mum was gobsmacked a just how obedient her little $hit could be when the appropriate tone and level of threat was used ).

By the way - The Kid still "Liked" me - He just wasn't used to discipline !
Old 04 October 2004, 09:09 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Got to feel sorry for the kids... It's the parents who would annoy me more...

There should be a parenting test! Don't understand the calls to "whack" the kids though. I can control my dog with a couple of words in the right tone no matter what the situation....

Maybe that leads me to child and parent training lessons, Mondays and Wednesdays in the school gym!!

Last edited by 2000TLondon; 04 October 2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04 October 2004, 09:40 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

It's NEVER the Kids FAULT !

If you are allowed to do things without any consequences you will do them - Human Nature !
Old 04 October 2004, 10:12 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Can anyone here remember when they were kids,apparently not,it was probably soooooo long ago.

Kids are kids,just live with it.
Old 04 October 2004, 10:26 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by paulr
Can anyone here remember when they were kids,apparently not,it was probably soooooo long ago.

Kids are kids,just live with it.
Next time I'm in a Cafe and some little **** is screaming and annoying me I'll walk up to his parent(s) and scream like **** at them and tell them I'm just getting back to my childhood .
Old 04 October 2004, 10:42 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Next time I'm in a Cafe and some little **** is screaming and annoying me I'll walk up to his parent(s) and scream like **** at them and tell them I'm just getting back to my childhood .
Even better if they are on scoobynet,we'll hear all about it the next day....

Old 04 October 2004, 11:53 AM
Les Behan
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Midlife......
OK, I'm not condoning bad behaviour but these kids will ultimately provide the tax burden which will pay for our retirement / NHS / Nursing care / funerals !!

Midlife.....
Sorry that's no excuse for bad behaviour and that's assuming of course they go and and do something productive on society's behalf.

Quick Reply: Out of control kids in a cafe!