DVD Rental by post

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2004, 09:24 PM
RAJ27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD Rental by post

I am on the Screenselect site. www.screenselect.co.uk

Looks good, but not sure about the return of the DVD by post. It basically says that if the DVD is lost by post, that I would be liable. How can I be liable for lost post via the Royal Mail?

Is there a company which gives some reassurance for returns?

Thanks

J
Old 27 September 2004, 09:42 PM
deanimus
Scooby Regular

I used moviechoices.com and reported a lost DVD to them
They were fine about it, a few weeks later I got a letter from Royal mail asking me to fill in details about the lost DVD which I was happy to do, haven't heard anything since.
Old 27 September 2004, 10:51 PM
the_boy
Scooby Regular

Currently with ScreenSelect and was with Blockbuster prior to that.

So far (touch wood) I haven't had any problems with lost DVDs. Since the recent takeover their stock has increased. I'm finding it's easier to get hold of rarer titles than I could with Blockbuster. At one point I'd been waiting 8 weeks and still hadn't got my first choice disk.

Customer service is also crap with BB.

Can't see there being a problem if a DVD got lost though.
Old 28 September 2004, 12:24 AM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

Are you sure your liable?

i was with the free trial at lovefilm.co.uk and when a dvd got lost in the mail i was just asked to fill out a form and send it back to them.
Old 28 September 2004, 09:39 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

A subject very close to my heart as a friend and I ran http://www.gamestogo.co.uk/ for 6 months.

The reason we threw in the towel is because we found it impossible to make a decent amount of money from it. You would get some people who kept games for weeks and weeks but on the whole people used to keep games for one day (copy them?) and then send them back. We started introducing a delay before sending out the next game but people got wise to this and started complaining.

We had quite a few games that went missing (one for 4 months!!) in the post but most would eventually turn up. When we sold the business we did a complete stock check and out of around 700 titles 15 were permenantly lost. We sent out around 3500 games in this time so 15 going missing is actually a much smaller amount than you might expect. We never charged people for missing games and 99.99% of people seem honest about games going missing.

Still VERY annoying if it's you it happens to and they expect you to pay for it.
Old 28 September 2004, 10:14 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I am with screen select (was with several other companies prior but have slowly been merged into one big one) and never had a problem when disks go missing. Only had 2 go missing in the last 3 years, so loss rate is very low indeed.

Used to have problem with knackered disks, film would not play through cleanly to the end, but this has become better over recent months.