Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

any system integrators out there?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2004, 02:49 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any system integrators out there?

i need assistance in understanding what system integrators do and who are the major players in this field.

I am doing a market research formy studies in IT.

please mail me at k8mkk@yahoo.com

thanks in advance
Old 24 September 2004, 03:39 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

largest well known si's are accenture, cap, gemini KPMG & IBM, Also Alcatel (in certain areas).

What do they do, it is probably easier to ask what they wouldnt do for the right price.

ok in a real world annology. if the system integrators project was building a house. They would be responsible for all the 3rd party people delivering their pieces on time. sparkys plumbers ect. Then they would normally provide something themselves to tie it all together to make a functioning piece, like putting the roof on.

In a SI example.

London Underground Signals replacement.

Total of 13 companies invlolved delivering electrical components to software to engineers. The SI is responsible for all these companies working effectivly together. The SI in this case is also providing the core network and developing the management software for the whole system.

Si Contract was 460 million euros !!!!. But massive fines when late or mistakes are made it can very soon start to cost the si money rather than making a mint. Each company the SI contracts to complete the work also has heavy penalty clauses contracted to ensure the SI's penalties are kept to a minimum.

This isnt something you can easily become yourself, It takes years to get contracts and the cost in getting thoose contracts is also very large. Accenture is probably the largest and most succesful they are also the biggest load of sharks i have ever had the displeasure of working with. Might tell you something about this business.