Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where to stay in Lanzatore in March?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2004, 12:06 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to stay in Lanzarote in March?

Any recomendations for self catering in Lanzarote for Easter holidays next year? I am taking my 6 year old daughter so need somewhere kid friendly. Don't want to be too near noisy resorts, getting old now . Would prefer somewhere close to a beach.

Last edited by sillysi; 22 September 2004 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Can't spell.
Old 22 September 2004, 01:08 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I went to Puerto Del Carmen (i think lol ) and was very nice. Was litterally 2min from beach too.
Old 22 September 2004, 01:24 PM
yoza
BANNED

Puerto Del Carmen.

'Island accomodation', sort it out over the internet, taxi from the airport 15 mins, decent cheap apartments with private pool.

10 mins walk down the hill to the beach and main drag.
Old 22 September 2004, 01:34 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Costa Teguise. Good places to eat, plenty of bars if you want to see the nightlife. Beach is 2 mins away. Plenty of shops for food if you're going S/C.
Kids will love it, I take mine several times a year.

Jason
Old 22 September 2004, 02:15 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaycee
Costa Teguise. Good places to eat, plenty of bars if you want to see the nightlife. Beach is 2 mins away. Plenty of shops for food if you're going S/C.
Kids will love it, I take mine several times a year.

Jason
What accomodation do you stay at?
Old 22 September 2004, 02:46 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

When I went with an ex-gf IIRC we stayed in a place called Puerto Novo apartments (Or somthing similar). Was close to the the main touristy bit and close to shops etc so we could cater for ourselves quite easily. Theres a small beach that has rocks either side which is nice becuase they act as a wind break and is along the path into town.

I don't know the exact name of the places but theres two main areas for tourist accomodation. One is miles away and in completely the wrong place and one is just right or a short walk (think thats Del carmen). Been about 5 times and enjoyed it every time even catching the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had didn't put me off going again.

Hire a car if you can. Wednesdays theres a big market which is quite cool and the roads up and down the volcanos are exciting even in a 1.2 Clio The volcano is a good day out and you can eat food cooked off by the heat etc. and take a coach trip round the base.

Theres a odd little place that is like someones home (albeit big home) with little white crabs in this cave thingy. Also the caves are a good visit but not if you get claustrophobic like my GF and have to come out - inside its actually very big but the entrance is a bit spooky.

Nightlife is OK but not rocking which is nice if you have kids as its not too in your face.

I really like the place but as I've been with an ex-gf and the current one refuses to go on that basis I'm unlikely to go back for a while.
Old 22 September 2004, 02:53 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sillysi
What accomodation do you stay at?
We rent a villa. Can recommend a lovely one if you're interested. Very clean and everything works!! All mod cons, private heated pool etc. Shops round the corner, beach over the road and town centre 3 mins walk away.
Would def say hire a car and explore the island, take the kids to the tropical park it's a great day out or on the camel rides up the volcanoes.

Jason
Old 22 September 2004, 03:11 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

went to Playa Blanca this Feb, superb little place, much more in tune with local life than De Carmen, stayed a very nice s/c apartment block...........which was very difficult to get into after 6.00am in the morning
Old 22 September 2004, 03:30 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Came back from Costa Teguise a few weeks ago. Yep, nice, family friendly and not too chav (or German) infested either.

Nice place, actually. Some very interesting landscapes if you're into that sort of thing. Not an immense amount for a 6 year old to do, though. Just one water park which looked rater small and overpriced, though of course there is a very, very large swimming pool all round the island

SB
Old 22 September 2004, 05:53 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Lanzarote - fantastic place

I'd go to Playa Blanca, liked the other resorts, Costa teguise etc which we've stayed in but been here three times now and love the place.

A pleasant family friendly atmosphere and never seen a drunken lout yet.