Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Origin B2 Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2004, 07:23 PM
Mr Blob-eye
Scooby Regular

Location: Blob-eyes RULE!!!! Blob-eye, blob-eye, blob-eye!!! I am not blue and there's no gold on me matey!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Origin B2 Advice Needed

Hello all,

I have been running my Origin B2 for about 2 weeks now (which included one week back at Origin as it was goosed).

When I accelerate quickly, or at least reasonably quickly, the laser alert goes bonkers and beeps as if I am being targetted. Does anyone else get this?

The laser alert is at the top of my windsreen and has the clearest view forward and back, and is to the side of my mirror to prevent i being blocked.

Anyone got any advice?

Brian
Old 20 September 2004, 07:29 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Mine has done the same a couple of times...not often though...in fact only about 2 or 3 times actually. Always coincided with my mobile receiving a text message too....maybe just coincidence though

I have heard of someone else on here having the same problem and I believe they contacted Origin and were sent some form of 'lagging' for the cables. I think from memory that they said it was caused by 'spikes' in the electrics during hard acceleration causing the laser alert to sound.

As I said, this isn't 100% reliable information, but it might be worth contacting Origin. Apparently e-mail takes ages for replies so phoning is better.

Maybe someone else can shed some more light on the situation for you.
Old 20 September 2004, 08:01 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Don't get this, although mine goes off whenever I drive past RobRoy's car!

Get a jammer instead, and then just take the laser attachment off.

the lrc400 plugs directly into the B2
Old 20 September 2004, 09:50 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

my Lazer on the B2 has gone off a few time in the last few weeks.. nothing seems to be about tho ??!!??
Old 20 September 2004, 10:00 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Mine has never gone off, mind you I probably have it plugged in to the wrong connection
Old 21 September 2004, 08:58 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Had no problems with false alarms from the laser unit but do lose sat lock when cornering hard and find the connection between unit and the mounting base a bit unreliable.

Oh cornering hard in a van that is!
Old 22 September 2004, 07:36 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Chaps
I think you'll find there is a problem. My B2 currently goes in two cars - my 993 Porsche (never had any issue) and my daily drive, a Rover 214. In the Rover, every time you touch the horn, the laser detector goes off. First few times scared the **** out of me, as I looked for the cops. However, Origin said yes, this is a known issue and sent me a ferrite collar (what SirFozallot was talking about). Trouble is, it made not a blind bit of difference - it is supposed to even out the spikes, and maybe it does, but it did not solve the issue.

It's just some of the peculiarities of your individual car, although I am sure there are others that have Scooby's and a B2 and it doesn;t happen. An electrical surge I can understand - but accelerating? Do you have a boost gauge or something aftermarket that would 'react' under high acceleration?
Andy

Trending Topics

Old 22 September 2004, 09:54 AM
rotty
Scooby Regular

MIne has gone off 3 or 4 times under full accereration and once under heavy braking