Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Need to learn Spanish - CD Rom suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2004, 04:44 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to learn Spanish - CD Rom suggestions?

Some of you will know I am in the process of attempting to 'up roots' and move to Spain with my wife.

One thing we both agree on is that we must learn spanish not only as a curtesy to the spanish who'll we'll live along side but also for survival!

My wife is taking the spanish lessons at night school route but to be honest, classroom learning isn't for me so I thought I'd learn another way. I do a lot of driving and a lot of time in my own office sitting at a PC so thought perhaps a CR Rom based lesson program may be the best way for me to learn.

I can normally pick things up quite quickly and can speak some pigeon spanish already but really need to learn to speak at least basic conversational spanish fairly quickly.

So....can anyone recommend a CD Rom based learning pack that they've used which has been useful (I've seen a few and don't really know which one to opt for and they vary quite a lot in price too)?

Gracious'!

Russ
Old 11 September 2004, 05:20 PM
RallyMarshal
Scooby Regular

Michel Thomas does a range of audio CDs that teach it in a different way that gets good reviews...

http://www.michelthomas.com/coursetapes.htm

Paul..
Old 11 September 2004, 05:23 PM
zesty
Scooby Regular

I thought about doing the same as you a while back, looked at the many cds available and ended up getting one from whsmiths called Talk Spanish for £14.99, it is a double cd with a book included and is designed for the absolute beginner.

Unfortunately I cant understand a damn word of it, the people on the cds are speaking gibberish and they are doing it pretty quickly aswell.

I have decided that should I wish to try learning Spanish again then I will either go to night school or use a private tutor (seen one advertised in my local).

I am obviously no good at languages as I can only speak a couple of words of French even though I spent several years at school learning it!