Default One for the conspiracy theorists

Paranoid rubbish or valid points?

http://pages.infinit.net/noc/pentagon.swf
Old 06 September 2004, 09:37 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I'm not one for conspiracy theory, they usually just are paranoid rubbish. But there does seem to be a distinct lack of 757 on this one, and witnesses to say they saw one.

You would have thought that at 8.38 am in the middle of the capital of the most powerful nationon earth, alot of people would have noticed a 757 at very low altitude at high speed. Maybe not.

A bit more credibilty than the usual rubbish touted by these people though.

Geezer
Old 06 September 2004, 09:40 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Interesting Neil (there is a program on Sky 1 tonight (or C5 can't remember) about some of the conspiracy theories around 9/11.

If it wasn't a plane, but a missle or smaller jet or even a military jet - what would they gain from saying it was a passenger jet? There must be flight records and passenger lists for that AA flight?

It is true though, that whenever 9/11 is mentioned - everyone focuses on New York and the World Trade Centre. The Pentagon strike and the other passenger jet that crashed are almost forgotten.

Chris
Old 06 September 2004, 09:41 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Well, I don't understand why they would lie?

It's probably actually better to say a little 'plane hit than a big one?

Steve.
Old 06 September 2004, 09:50 AM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

its one of a growing number of websites covering this strange aspect to Sep 11, its probably the most detailed as far as the info goes.

If you take it at face value - if a passenger jet didnt hit it what did? A stray missle from a jet sent to take out the planes?

Neil
Old 06 September 2004, 09:54 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

An air to air missile would'nt do that much damage. Normally a sidewinder or AMRAAM will explode near the aircraft and direct loads of shrapnel towards the aircraft.The idea being that it's better to have a shotgun effect than trying to directly hit something, esp something as fragile as an airframe.

BTW the program is on Sky one at 9pm called 9/11 and the Evil in America. In fact according my tivo listings theres a whole series on consipracy theories.

Last edited by Neil Smalley; 06 September 2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06 September 2004, 10:03 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I suppose it is less embarrasing to admit that a passenger liner (which fly over Washington all the time) hit the Pentagon, than a military plane or missile, which effectively says 'our counter military/terrorism measures are crap'!

Geezer

Trending Topics

Old 06 September 2004, 10:08 AM
ChrisB

So where did the 757 end up if it didn't hit the Pentagon then?

Last edited by ChrisB; 06 September 2004 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06 September 2004, 10:29 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

The WTC was hit several hundred feet up, and then both towers collapsed into a huge pile of rubble. Hardly the same thing is it? There has never been any doubt about what hit the Twin Towers, so the question of wreckage has not arisen. I'm sure some was probably recovered.

The near surgical hit on the Pentagon is not really in keeping with most planes coming down.

Geezer
Old 06 September 2004, 10:29 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Just aswell national TV caught the passenger aircraft hitting the WTC, as I don't recall seeing any wreckage from that, either
There was wreakage shown from that - undercarriage and various other pieces.

Pentagon theory looks very convincing actually, I'd say it looked almost certain that a 757 DIDNT hit it.

http://home.comcast.net/~skydrifter/exp.htm
Old 06 September 2004, 10:46 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Wasn't this the plane from which several mobile calls were made to friends and loved ones? And wasn't this the plane were some of the passengers attempted to over power the terrorists? Or was there another?
Old 06 September 2004, 10:49 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I was never convinced at the time that an airliner hit the pentagon, mainly because of the lack of debris, but also because of the relatively small area subjected to fire damage, all that fuel in the wings would have set most of the front of the building alight, along with a considerably larger amount of the landscaping

Originally Posted by NeilT
If you take it at face value - if a passenger jet didnt hit it what did? A stray missle from a jet sent to take out the planes?

Neil
This IMO is the more likely, but owning up to this would entail reinforcing the already widely held view that the pilots of US Air Force are a bunch of drugged up rednecks shooting at anything, and everything in sight
Old 06 September 2004, 11:03 AM
King RA
BANNED

So where did the 757 end up if it didn't hit the Pentagon then?

It "melted" is the official line.
Old 06 September 2004, 11:07 AM
ChrisB

Officially it melted but if it didn't hit the Pentagon, what happened to the plane and passengers on it?
Old 06 September 2004, 11:10 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by supertouring
Wasn't this the plane from which several mobile calls were made to friends and loved ones? And wasn't this the plane were some of the passengers attempted to over power the terrorists? Or was there another?
No it was another one
Old 06 September 2004, 11:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Took a long time to read all that. I was wondering where the wreckage of such a large aircraft was, and that the damage seemd light having been hit by a 757.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 07 September 2004 at 03:08 AM.
Old 06 September 2004, 01:03 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by supertouring
That was the plane that crashed in Somerset county near Pittsburgh, the one where they couldn't find the 'black box' flight recorder, and the one that has received the least amount of coverage. It's alleged that the passengers staged some sort of uprising on the plane, but in reality it is highly likely that it was shot down by an F-16. The WTC had already been hit by then, so I guess the USAF didn't want to chance it, since it was heading to Capitol Hill.
Old 06 September 2004, 02:17 PM
MJN 555
Scooby Regular

Christ, that took some reading, interesting stuff, whatever the truth, you can be sure of one thing, don't believe any government claims, they cannot be trusted, unfortunately honesty not something politicians offer these days, the most worrying thing for me is I know quite a lot of people who should know better that do fall for the b**l**** that is regularly trotted out in the news these days.

Cheers
Old 06 September 2004, 11:18 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Just watched the 9/11 conspiracy documentary on Sky - good start, but as per usual pretty lame in all. Why did they try to cover so many conspiracies in just a 50 minute program? Would have been better off with a in-depth investigation into one aspect. TV for the masses eh!

Couple of new and interesting theories came out of it though - such as the planes that hit the WTC couldnt have been flown by novices, and instead have to had been fly by wire, would like to see some more evidence for this.

Theres still something very wrong with the Pentagon crash. Air to ground missile sounds more likely to me.

Just setting a keyword record up on Tivo for some more theories over the coming weeks (and there appear to be a good few for some reason).

Neil
Old 06 September 2004, 11:29 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NeilT
Just watched the 9/11 conspiracy documentary on Sky - good start, but as per usual pretty lame in all. Why did they try to cover so many conspiracies in just a 50 minute program? Would have been better off with a in-depth investigation into one aspect. TV for the masses eh!

Couple of new and interesting theories came out of it though - such as the planes that hit the WTC couldnt have been flown by novices, and instead have to had been fly by wire, would like to see some more evidence for this.

Theres still something very wrong with the Pentagon crash. Air to ground missile sounds more likely to me.

Just setting a keyword record up on Tivo for some more theories over the coming weeks (and there appear to be a good few for some reason).

Neil
TBh these programs always get my goat, this one more than most. The experts they were interviewing were journalists and radio presenters. The one man who had some credibility (wrote several CT books) gave explanations for most things.

Towards the end they said that some women had the landing gear of the plane attached to her car and that several policeman and fireman saw the plane fly down the road.

With these things you never ever get any concrete proof. The number of people working in and around the pentagon yet there is no hard evidence to prove these CT's.

Simon.
Old 07 September 2004, 01:02 AM
Ralf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
That was the plane that crashed in Somerset county near Pittsburgh, the one where they couldn't find the 'black box' flight recorder, and the one that has received the least amount of coverage. It's alleged that the passengers staged some sort of uprising on the plane, but in reality it is highly likely that it was shot down by an F-16. The WTC had already been hit by then, so I guess the USAF didn't want to chance it, since it was heading to Capitol Hill.

The first radio news then reported that other plane to be shot down by the USAF. Later the story was changed (discovered ?) to heroic passengers bringing down the aircraft.

I remember that mystery of the missing plane being discussed right after 9/11. Some people pointed out there were not only no parts of a full passenger plane missing but especially no signs of the wings anywhere in the building or the grass.

There was also fome footage from a camera at an entrance gate with the wrong date.
Old 07 September 2004, 01:16 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

all bull**** two planes hit the towers
Old 07 September 2004, 02:19 AM
sosobad.com
Scooby Regular

thursday channel4 9pm - another show.
Old 07 September 2004, 04:37 AM
Ralf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
all bull**** two planes hit the towers

And two more planes went missing
Old 07 September 2004, 11:50 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

lol.....there is STACKS of real evidence as to how the plane hit the pentagon.

what next? it was jacked by Nessy and a Bigfoot?
Old 07 September 2004, 12:07 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Tiggs,

Can you point to any sites? After reading one posted eariler, there does seem to be some questions that need answering. I'm open to either argument.
Old 07 September 2004, 12:17 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mikegriffith1/refute.htm

main thing to note is that all the stuff thats anti US gov makes it sound like the jet crashed into a 3 bed detached!

the plane is a lightweight sheet of metal/hollow tube.....it flys after all!! cant be that heavy!

the pentagon is one of the USA's largest office blocks with massive weight and strength...read up on the structure of the outerwalls......its not like the WTC which was pretty flimsy in comparison.

a more relastic scale is to catapult a bmx into your garden wall at 350mph with a load of petrol.....then go find bits of BMX!
Old 07 September 2004, 12:39 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mikegriffith1/refute.htm

main thing to note is that all the stuff thats anti US gov makes it sound like the jet crashed into a 3 bed detached!

the plane is a lightweight sheet of metal/hollow tube.....it flys after all!! cant be that heavy!

the pentagon is one of the USA's largest office blocks with massive weight and strength...read up on the structure of the outerwalls......its not like the WTC which was pretty flimsy in comparison.

a more relastic scale is to catapult a bmx into your garden wall at 350mph with a load of petrol.....then go find bits of BMX!
I think that pretty much sums it up.
Old 07 September 2004, 12:54 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angrynorth
I think that pretty much sums it up.

im just waiting for some retarded SN'er with an old chopper, a home made catapult and a digicamera to start posting some results!
Old 07 September 2004, 12:59 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

LOL

It probably will happen.

Quick Reply: One for the conspiracy theorists