Weekend break / Eurodisney

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2004, 07:42 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weekend break / Eurodisney

Hi All !

Looking for a quick weekend break with the other half leaving this Friday and coming back late Sunday/ early Monday.

Drawn up a list of possible destinations, bearing in mind we don't want to spend all our time travelling :

Venice
Paris

...I know it's extensive

If anybody can recommend a cheap deal or alternative destination ? (max £450 for both of us)

FInally - Eurodisney - wtf ?! I don't know where to start :

1. Is is a couples thing ?
2. Price of tickets ? Is it better to get a package from here or just get flights and accomodation in Paris and do a quick day trip to the park itself ?

Thanks,

Jai
Old 24 August 2004, 10:33 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool Bonny Scotland

Depends what you're into but personally I wouldn't touch EuroDisney

Best weekend break I had recently was in Fort William, bonny Scotland. Stayed in a friends cottage (but loads for hire). The scenery/walking/hiking is amazing and there are some fantastic restaurants around. And driving around the lakes and the roads north of Glasgow makes you glad to be alive
Old 24 August 2004, 11:20 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

We had a weekend break to Paris and had a wonderful time.
Made the most of every moment and saw as many sites as we could.
Wasn't a relaxing break as we didn't want to miss anything out so it depends what kind of weekend you fancy.
Hope you a lovely time where ever you decide

Cath
Old 25 August 2004, 10:25 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm told Venice is very smelly in the summer; something to do with heat, water and sewers. And most Parisians get out of Paris in August as it's too hot and stuffy.

Good luck
Old 25 August 2004, 10:56 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

If going to Disney stop in the holiday inn the one by the lake, very new and cheap as chips around 85 euro b&b.
Old 25 August 2004, 01:44 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

I was sceptical before going to euro dis. but after spending 3 days there I am totaly won over. We stayed in the disnyland hotel which is the pink building above the main entrance gates, which mean we were on the doorstep each morning, and if you want to take a 30minute break or so then you only had to walk back to the park gates and you could have a lie down etc... It is very exhausting as you do a lot more walking than you would normally. There is also the studio site, which is about 100yrd away from the disney park entrance. This has the amazing Areosmith rollercoaster which is just brill. Armagedon is worth a try, but if you are only arounfd for a day or so I would avoid going into any of the live action shows.

Because we were staying in "Castle class" we got VIP fast pass tickets which would allow you to queue jump all the big rides this help us get round the park quicker, but did frustrate a little when you then have to queue for some of the lesser rides.

I thought it was a great way to spend three days, but beware of the "culture shock" as you come back into the UK. We went on eurostar and so got off the train at the disney station and went straigth into the park, Disney then distorts your perception of reality, you get back on the train and we got off at ashford, to be met with grey skys/traffic jams/english people and LITTER!!!! (That is the most striklng thing about disney - no litter/really clean public toilets etc...)
Old 25 August 2004, 01:47 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Nexuas
(That is the most striklng thing about disney - no litter/really clean public toilets etc...)
Odd, as I was led to believe most British councils employ mickey mouse cleaning staff...

Trending Topics

Old 25 August 2004, 05:29 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Odd, as I was led to believe most British councils employ mickey mouse cleaning staff...
LOL classic quote....
Old 25 August 2004, 06:50 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Check for Eurostar for impending strike action in London & Paris if you were intending to take the train.