Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Seether

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2004, 03:46 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seether

Just got "Disclaimer 2" in the post today (ordered from www.play.com). Had a quick listen at lunchtime and it's WAY better/clearer than the MP3 version i "borrowed" recently.

Highly recommended.
Old 11 August 2004, 03:49 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The problem is that the industry seem to reject the fact that many people do hear something on MP3 they like, then go out and buy the CD as a result.

Certainly I have been prepared to find something on MP3 for free that I would no way part with good money for without having heard it and then gone on to buy the CD after when I found I liked it.
Old 11 August 2004, 03:54 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Agreed, i sometimes use the net as a sort of previewing facility. I tend to download stuff and it it's any good then i buy it on CD and delete the (cr@ppy) MP3 copy. If it's rubbish then i just delete it full stop.

No different to returning a CD to a shop and saying "it was for my brothers birthday but he already had it" etc.

My concience is clear(ish).
Old 11 August 2004, 03:56 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

It just seems to me that an artists these days complai that they now have to sell 2 records before they can buy a £1million house and fleet of Ferraris rather than just the 1 it used to be. Gee it's such a hard life.