Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why bother working when you can get this?

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2004, 08:46 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why bother working when you can get this?

A good example of the youth of today.

Teenager set to be father of five

Mr Blake, 19, said he plans to work when the children are older
A south Wales teenager is the father of four children and his fifth is on the way.
Mike Blake, 19, and his wife Kathleen, 23, from Glyncoch, near Pontypridd, are expecting their latest child in the autumn.

The couple hope to move to a larger council house once the baby is born.

Mr Blake, who has never worked, said he plans to get his first job when his children are older but until then he will stay at home full-time.

The couple met when Mr Blake was 15 and married just before his 17th birthday.

Mrs Blake already had eldest daughter, Sarah-Jane, six, from a previous relationship. Her husband has since adopted Sarah-Jane.

The couple also have three more children, Jordan, three, Courteney, two-and-a-half, and baby Kia, seven months. They are expecting the new baby in October.

The Blakes hope to move to a bigger house with the new baby

They live on benefits of £1,000 per month and hope to move to a larger house in Porthcawl once the baby is born.

Mr Blake said he plans to have his first taste of work as a builder once the children are a bit older.

He said: "I want to work, I'm not a shirker. There is always plenty of work for builders so I can do that. But it would not be right to go to work and leave the children at home with Kathleen.

"The benefits are not too clever. I'm on £250 per week but we manage to get by.

'Sleepless nights'

"It pays all the bills and there's food in the house. That's not even a lot of money, not considering the kids I've got.

"We need at least double that to look after the the children we got."

Mrs Blake was an only child and she said that was the reason why she wanted lots of children.

She said: "Having a big family is something I wanted, because I want my children to be surrounded with brothers and sisters.

"But this one will be my last - I've had enough of nappies and sleepless nights to last a lifetime."

Well what a lazy self centered tw*t. Good job the rest of the UK isnt like this. They should chop his c*ck off if you ask me.

Chip.
Old 06 August 2004, 08:49 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I want to work, I'm not a shirker.

£1000 per month benefits?!?!? Us tax payers should all chip in and pay for his vasectomy, it will be cheaper in the long run!
Old 06 August 2004, 09:32 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Er, according to the Daily Mail he gets GBP272.33 per week in benefits, which is well over a grand a month - BUT HE DOESN'T PAY A PENNY IN RENT for his three bedroomed council house (which would be several hundred pounds a month in mortgage payments!).

Thus, by NEVER working for a single day in his life, this waster gets paid more than the average wage for fathering multiple offspring

Disgusted!!!

mb
Old 07 August 2004, 03:29 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

If only

We need a council flat because although we were both working before Catherine666 became pregnant, she is unlikey to be able to work after the baby is born, as childcare costs are so expensive.

The rent on a two bedroom flat would cripple us - our income is approx 300pw.

Rent of £650-700pm, + council tax + bills (no phone!!) + rates = overdrawn every month

Why does this shirking chav get everything, even though I work my **** off just to be able to live (ahem, you to cat!)

Damo
Old 07 August 2004, 03:49 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Good luck to em, thats what i say... he's welcome to his wife & five kids AND his council house. Have a nice life pal
Old 07 August 2004, 04:48 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

He said: "I want to work, I'm not a shirker. There is always plenty of work for builders so I can do that. But it would not be right to go to work and leave the children at home with Kathleen.
Oh, what a gent :/

I'm the only income for our house because my wife wants to look after the kids full time. So we have it pretty tight, but thats how we want it (wife at home, not tight). I'm sure lots of people would like both parents at home all the time, but at least ONE has to earn some money?

Why don't they both go out and work part time, so there's always one at home?
Old 07 August 2004, 04:58 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrklaw
Why don't they both go out and work part time, so there's always one at home?
What would that do to their benefits? I guess that for every pound they earn, benefit gets reduced by a pound. So, difficult choice; take a part-time job that pays £1000 per month or sit on your backside and still get £1000 per month (leaving you free to do "cash-in-hand" jobs). Hmmmmm......