Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road rage, part 2

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2004, 04:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Road rage, part 2

Not me, this one, unfortunately, as I'd have dealt with it differently, but my 18 year old son.

Yesterday, he was driving around in his little 1.2 Clio with a couple of mates. They were overtaken by a red Carlton full of scruffy looking males, who promptly cut in on them and tried to stop them.

My lad drove past and tried to make good his escape, but got cut off by them yet agin.

He eventually hid from them, and on coming back out of hiding, was amazed to find they had waited for him, and were driving straight at him. He took avoiding action, only to have them swerve back at him and ram the o/s of his car

Police now involved, but tell us not much they can do: we don't have witnesses (yet) apart from those in lad's car, they were so shocked and scared they didn't get the Carlton number, and the scruffs drove off.
The young copper reckons it'll be a "pool car", uninsured, untaxed etc etc with no keeper, but used for this sort of mayhem, by anyone who wants it, on certain estates

My lad now had a badly damaged Clio, (os wing, o/s front and rear door, and rear quarter all damaged, and front door pillar buckled,) and of course, we're TPFT, so no chance

If it were an insurance job, it'd be a write off. As it is, we have to get SOMETHING sorted by 31/7 as he has it booked into a parking at Gatwick to fly off on holiday:

I went out looking for the Carlton, but it was long gone, of course.

To me, this isn't road rage, it's attempted murder.

BTW: my first thoughts, and those of the copper, were the same as some reading this will think: "has he done it acting stupid, and is making up a bullsh*t story to cover his *rse?"

He and his mates have been interviewed by both the police and me, and are unshakeable. They even rang the police on a mobile and told them it was ongoing, asking for advice, but lost the signal and by the time they rang again, it's gone down:

This fekkin country........

Alcazar
Old 19 July 2004, 04:27 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad they are ok though, that's the main thing. The other car was probably nicked though
Old 20 July 2004, 09:08 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Shocking thing to happen, glad there were no injuries. I sincerely hope that this sort of behaviour is taken seriously in future and proper investigations made with a view to stopping it. These things get worse if not positively controlled of course.

Les
Old 20 July 2004, 09:11 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Shocking thing to happen, glad there were no injuries. I sincerely hope that this sort of behaviour is taken seriously in future and proper investigations made with a view to stopping it. These things get worse if not positively controlled of course.

Les

Here here!!

It must have been bloody scary!!