Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Are BNP racists?

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2004, 12:13 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question POLL: Are BNP racists?

Now that we've had some time to clear our heads after the stomach churning documentary last week, do you think the BNP are racist?

(ie Have things against people who are not white and Christian.)

Thanks for voting!

Bob
Old 19 July 2004, 01:21 AM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

nope,they have black and asian members now don't they?
Old 19 July 2004, 01:41 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Question

Originally Posted by RB5 Paul
nope,they have black and asian members now don't they?
interesting. 1st I've heard of it. Which 'black and asian' members do they have and what do these 'members' make of their fellow members making racists remarks and carring out racial attacks?

Bob
Old 19 July 2004, 08:10 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Should this thread be entitled "Do you agree with me that the BNP are racist?"

Also - you've made it a public poll, so most people won't vote.
Old 19 July 2004, 08:23 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Of course they're racist. Stupid poll.
Old 19 July 2004, 08:51 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

The BNP are a Facist party. Ergo they are racist. Fact.
Just because a very small number (what, maybe 3? ) of the very people they wish to oppress are members doesn't change that. It just means that they have their own agenda for being members or, are just a little disturbed in the head....
Old 19 July 2004, 11:02 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Does "pro white" mean "anti black"?? .....Perhaps?!?!

No, in my opinion....however I would say most BNP members are indeed racist.

However "racism" is a term of describing discrimination merely due to colour of skin. The BNP reference the fact that immigrants have had a deterimental effect on the UK. I agree. I also appreciate that many non-English people have had a POSITIVE effect on this country and have contributed wholey. Many are hard-working and Asians particularly have become prominent within the NHS as resepcted GP's. The BNP hate the bludgers and as such, generalise which is to an extent is wrong.

Their racism is based on evidence though not purely on colour of skin.

They argue that Britain is worse off for the vast amounts of immigration. I challenge anyone to argue that this is INCORRECT.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:08 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
They argue that Britain is worse off for the vast amounts of immigration. I challenge anyone to argue that this is INCORRECT.
you can never have a rational argument about this becasue we will never know what the UK would have beenn like if we hadn't had an empire, if immigration hadn't taken place in the 1950's, the 1900's, the 1800s, the 1700s etc etc.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:09 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Surely the question should be........
Does the Labour Party, Conservatives, et al...harbour thugs? I'm sure its not just one group of political activists who are responsible for bad behaiour.....just take a look at the way the government behave, they are all as bad as each other in differing ways.

Listen to what they DON'T say !
Old 19 July 2004, 11:27 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Go back far enough and Britain was an unpopulated area. We are ALL descended from immigrants of some sort.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:31 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

However "racism" is a term of describing discrimination merely due to colour of skin.
No that's incorrect.
You can find various resources that offer definitions of racism but here's one I think sums it up the best....

“Any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment, or exercise, on equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, or any other field of public life.”

Old 19 July 2004, 11:49 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
you can never have a rational argument about this becasue we will never know what the UK would have beenn like if we hadn't had an empire, if immigration hadn't taken place in the 1950's, the 1900's, the 1800s, the 1700s etc etc.

Look at other countries where crime is highest.....you'll find direct correlation with high levels of mixed race. USA, England, Holland....

I'm not saying it is the fault of the immigrants - merely human nature when it comes to integration.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:52 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
No that's incorrect.
You can find various resources that offer definitions of racism but here's one I think sums it up the best....

“Any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment, or exercise, on equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, or any other field of public life.”

Kosovan comes to England, gets a house and cash for a car.

I find this racist.....however the do-gooders (that do no good) say it is a "positive" form of discrimination.

England is a sh!thole cos it harbours peasants. Simple. English people are p!ssed off and their standards have dropped as a result. Political correctness has scared people to the extent you can't say anything anymore.

Mixed race, high crime. Fact.

Sorry - it is.

I am NOT blaming immigrants though - I am blaming human nature.
Prince Popeye
BANNED

'No, in my opinion....however I would say most BNP members are indeed racist.'

I'd say most of the political parties are bigotted in a covert manner. The BNP just happen to announce they are
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
interesting. 1st I've heard of it. Which 'black and asian' members do they have and what do these 'members' make of their fellow members making racists remarks and carring out racial attacks?

Bob
I'm sure i read somewhere that they have quite a few black and asian members and openly welcome them to join,don't know who they are tho thats why i was asking,i might have misread.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:55 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Look at other countries where crime is highest.....you'll find direct correlation with high levels of mixed race. USA, England, Holland....

I'm not saying it is the fault of the immigrants - merely human nature when it comes to integration.
Find me a country where there population is entirely indiginous and can all be traced back to the founding fathers of that nation.

Every country has mixed origins, some more than others. But it doesn't even need to be mixed race, tribalism in Africa is a massive issue (I suppose that could be considered racism to a degree, but it is more like disliking somebody because of the English / Scottish / Welsh town they came from than anything else)
Old 19 July 2004, 11:55 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prince Popeye
'No, in my opinion....however I would say most BNP members are indeed racist.'

I'd say most of the political parties are bigotted in a covert manner. The BNP just happen to announce they are

In a way I have alot of respect as atleast they have the ***** to be honest....even if SOME of the things they say are a little too much for me to agree with.

I'm quite right wing socially in case anybody hasn't worked that out. lol

I studied politics and my opinions were drawn from my studies - not from ranting. I am educated though I do appreciate what I am saying is opinion so please, nobody have a go at me.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:57 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

and your source for this information is?

any idea of the crime levels in Brazil? Sierra Leone? Paraguay?
Old 19 July 2004, 11:59 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Find me a country where there population is entirely indiginous and can all be traced back to the founding fathers of that nation.
Not many. Perhaps none, but over time it has been diluted and in many places (I'll use Sweden) there were a mixed bunch but fundamentally were similar.

England have groups with ENTIRELY different agendas. Like that **** on here that was boasting that England should and will be a Muslim state in time - that's what causes problems.

My point here being if Sweden suddenly became inundated with Danes, Fins and Norwegians there wouldn't be much of a problem.

I know I word things starngely - I hope people see the content in my waffle...... :-o
Old 19 July 2004, 12:00 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

and your source for this information is?

any idea of the crime levels in Brazil? Sierra Leone? Paraguay?

Third world countries mate.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:01 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

ok, but i still think that you made up that "direct correlation".

Old 19 July 2004, 12:10 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

ok, but i still think that you made up that "direct correlation".

Studied this, and unless anything has changed (dramatically) in the last 4 years then its still the case. So no, didn't make it up.

When we studied this point, it was a case of not if there was a correlation - this was already accepted. We studied "why" which is more opinion based.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:14 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

fair enough then. i thought just thought it sounded like one of those convenient statistics which people "remember" to back up their argument. but there also must be a correlation between wealth > immigration > crime. e.g., without immigration, the USA would hardly be the economic power that it is, would it?
Old 19 July 2004, 12:26 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

but there also must be a correlation between wealth > immigration > crime. e.g., without immigration, the USA would hardly be the economic power that it is, would it?
To be ho0nest....f$ck knows!! Maybe??!?! Might be a nicer place though.

"American History X" is a superb film. Watch it and it gives a good impression of why people are the way they are. Goods and bads etc etc.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:43 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

This is a misleading 'correlation'. There is a direct correlation between crime and areas with high levels of the underclass or poor people. This has always been the case. Currently, a high amount of poor people come from ethnic backgrounds or recent(ish) immigration. As time passes many people move up the 'social/economic' ladder and others fill their space. These will normally be whatever set of people enter the country to do the crappy jobs etc.

Let's look at crime amongst the working/middle classes, it'll be more people who are white than of ethnic backgrounds as there are more white people than not.

What I'm trying to say is that crime is related to social/economic factors, not race. The colour of the skin is merely co-incidential.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:48 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Agree with Drac.

The point of human nature is also correct too. Humans just home in on distinguishing features, of which skin colour is obviously one of the most prominent...
Old 19 July 2004, 12:51 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro

What I'm trying to say is that crime is related to social/economic factors, not race. The colour of the skin is merely co-incidential.

Not when it comes to natural human nature to dislike/hate/react to people that are different.

Again - I am not blaming immigrants - I am blaming immigration. Its a different thing.

I visit Sweden regularly and am amazed at how friendly, clean and civilized it is. Everybody shares similar standards and there is a genreal air of contentment.

England is racially prompted hate-land....just like USA.

Call me arrogant but I know I am right. Mixed races from highly differing backgrounds causes conflict, thus crime, thus a dipping of standards and so on.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:57 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Agree with Drac.

The point of human nature is also correct too. Humans just home in on distinguishing features, of which skin colour is obviously one of the most prominent...
Exactly. So, if you have a small island (that would be England) and you welcome MASSES of immigrants (brown, Black, eastern european) conflict is innevitable. People take the attitude that they are a threat. Jealousy sets in. People are now annoyed/angry.

Then political correctness makes English people feel more frustrated at not being able to say/do anything in fear of being accused of racism.....then they blame the immigrants for this.

The 'system' is the problem. There is low life in all colours in this country. However, if they are black, asian or eastern european the blame will automatically be put onto that group....whether it be justified or not.

Thanks for listening. ;-)
Old 19 July 2004, 01:43 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Question

Originally Posted by TelBoy

Also - you've made it a public poll, so most people won't vote.

Why wont people vote because its a public poll?

I will openly say that the BNP are racist and that I am not racist and as such am anti-BNP/****.

Are you suggesting that BNP supporters are too ashamed to be named??

Bob
Old 19 July 2004, 01:48 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Yep, pretty much. Look at the No vote - very low. Lower than it would be if it was not a public vote, in my opinion. Of course, i could be wrong...

Quick Reply: POLL: Are BNP racists?