Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dam annoyed

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2004, 03:04 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Dam annoyed

Got in about 2 hours ago absolutely fuming. Myself and my cuz went out for some food earlier and i was busting for the loo so parked up and walked across to a pub. Now there was a bouncer on the door so i made eye contact with him and smiled nicely. As my cuz went through the bounce stopped me and said 'sorry mate your not going in' to which i replied, 'why'? He said 'your not wearing the right shoes'. Now it was plainly obvious i was wearing shoes so i pointed this out in a nice pleasant manner and he pushed me backwards down the steps but i managed to grab the railings and stop myself half way (glad i did or i would have cracked my head open) I asked him what the hell is problem was and he came flying back at me obviously out for a scrap. He pushed me the rest of the way down the steps out into the street and said 'Now F**k off you W**ker!!'. I was totally confused as to what had just happened. I stood there for like 3 seconds literally and out comes his mates (2-3 of them). Abit too much force for little old me. Anyone would of thought i was a terrorist or something. So my cuz comes back out to see what going on and the bouncer flies off the top step and trys to grab my chest so i twisted his arm back and pushed him off me. Now im not a violent person and i dont go out looking for it, im not hugh either but since i was 18 ive been boxing (now 25) and studied abit of grabbling BJJ so im no push over, but i just snapped and went straight into my zone. I put my fists up and the bouncers backed straight off. I told them that if they proceeded to touch me one more time that i wouldnt be too amused. I asked them if they would like to settle this dispute further off the steps to which they got scarred and declinned, lucky for them. I mean for goodness sake. I did nothing wrong and only wanted to use the toilet. I do not look thugish in anyway at all and did absolutely nothing to aggravate them so whats the deal? People these days? Cant go anywhere without something happening, if its not the police on their power trips its the thugs, or the criminals/vandals (rant mode off)

Jono
Old 18 July 2004, 03:09 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I always go by the rule if a place needs bouncers, it doesn't need me. They're there for a reason, same reason I'm not there. Too many people exercise the power of authority without having the power of intellect.

Sorry for your troubles.
Old 18 July 2004, 03:13 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Hi corradoboy,

Thats a damn good rule, think i will use that one from now on. The thing is i really wanted to go to the toilet and it was getting painful. Guess i should have gone in the carpark or something but then i bet the police would have finned me lol

Love the phrase

>>Too many people exercise the power of authority without having the power of intellect.<<

Last edited by scrappydoo; 18 July 2004 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Because 555 showed me the error of my ways :)
Old 18 July 2004, 04:50 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Cool

While you mention intellect, it's damn, not dam

It's a pisser when bouncers go off the top like that. Must be all the steroids they take!
Old 18 July 2004, 06:55 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Grammer has no place in my life at 3am scoobynutta555

>>Must be all the steroids they take!<<

lol!!! wow!! thats a generalisation if ever i heard one. True none-the-less
Old 18 July 2004, 08:34 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I always go by the rule if a place needs bouncers, it doesn't need me. They're there for a reason, same reason I'm not there.
That's a great rule! Applying it to the bars in Swindon, that rules out all of them. Could explain why i stopped going out there...

I was at a metal gig in London once at the Astoria on Tottenham Court Road, the bouncers there were the scariest bunch of nutters i've ever seen. They had the works - shaved heads, covered with scars from being bottled, massive, bomber jackets, combat 18 tattoos, you name it. Weedy little bloke in front of me was pissed and drinking from a can as he tried to go throught the entrance.

Muscle: "No drinks inside please sir, put it in this bin here, or back of the queue"

Weedy bloke: "I'll be finished in a second" - he procedes to hold up the queue in as he drinks his can.

Muscle goes bananas, and instantly picks weedy bloke up, throws him down the stairs and into the street telling him to f*ck off.

I'm up next.

Muscle: "Are you with him?"

Me: "no mate, and i've got nothing on me", holding my jacket open for extra 'i don't have anything hidden' emphasis!!

Muscle: "In you go then". Phew!

Last edited by Iwan; 18 July 2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 18 July 2004, 08:36 AM
Gus M
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
Got in about 2 hours ago absolutely fuming. Myself and my cuz went out for some food earlier and i was busting for the loo so parked up and walked across to a pub. Now there was a bouncer on the door so i made eye contact with him and smiled nicely. As my cuz went through the bounce stopped me and said 'sorry mate your not going in' to which i replied, 'why'? He said 'your not wearing the right shoes'. Now it was plainly obvious i was wearing shoes so i pointed this out in a nice pleasant manner and he pushed me backwards down the steps but i managed to grab the railings and stop myself half way (glad i did or i would have cracked my head open) I asked him what the hell is problem was and he came flying back at me obviously out for a scrap. He pushed me the rest of the way down the steps out into the street and said 'Now F**k off you W**ker!!'. I was totally confused as to what had just happened. I stood there for like 3 seconds literally and out comes his mates (2-3 of them). Abit too much force for little old me. Anyone would of thought i was a terrorist or something. So my cuz comes back out to see what going on and the bouncer flies off the top step and trys to grab my chest so i twisted his arm back and pushed him off me. Now im not a violent person and i dont go out looking for it, im not hugh either but since i was 18 ive been boxing (now 25) and studied abit of grabbling BJJ so im no push over, but i just snapped and went straight into my zone. I put my fists up and the bouncers backed straight off. I told them that if they proceeded to touch me one more time that i wouldnt be too amused. I asked them if they would like to settle this dispute further off the steps to which they got scarred and declinned, lucky for them. I mean for goodness sake. I did nothing wrong and only wanted to use the toilet. I do not look thugish in anyway at all and did absolutely nothing to aggravate them so whats the deal? People these days? Cant go anywhere without something happening, if its not the police on their power trips its the thugs, or the criminals/vandals (rant mode off)

Jono
Puppy power!!!
Old 18 July 2004, 04:01 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

LOL@Gus M, let me at em, let me at em!!!

OMG Iwan, combat 18, ummm ive heard about them. Sod that for a giggle.
Old 18 July 2004, 07:14 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

As a matter of interest, bouncers have absolutely no legal powers at all. By touching you he commited assault.

Not that anyone would care I suppose...

Steve.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

As a matter of interest, bouncers have absolutely no legal powers at all. By touching you he commited assault.

Not that anyone would care I suppose...

Steve.
Except that a local one got 18 months for assault about 5 years ago.

Alcazar

Personally, I believe that there is a good case to be made for allowing the private carrying of Mace: Anyone want any brought back from France next time I go?

Alcazar
Old 18 July 2004, 09:05 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

you dont need mace, a can of brut deodorant should do it.

sad story....

as advised avoid "bounced" places.

BB
Old 18 July 2004, 09:32 PM
yoza
BANNED

" If your names not down, your not comin in. "

Especially if you just want to **** in our bogs, what do you think it is, a public loo.

Rule No1, never make eye contact with a doorman, he will see it as a challenge.

Were you wearing those trainer type shoes, so hard to tell nowadays.

If the team is instructed on what is 'the dress code' by the manager, then thats what goes. If he (the manager) see's someone inside the venue with none conforming dress, then the team has not done its job.

Thats how it is.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:40 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Funny thing... the pubs I find the best and the friendliest are the biker pubs. No one has an attitude problem...

Most of them are decent blokes, with the odd total nutter thrown in for good measure

(I used to frequent a bikers pub in Burton years ago... I was a total trendy, but 'accepted' by the regulars 'cos a) I didn't act like a ****, b)been going in there since I was 16!)

Bouncers like that aren't allowed in Burton any more - there's a scheme starting now which stops this sort of idiocy
Old 18 July 2004, 10:37 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Did you get to have a **** in the end?
Old 18 July 2004, 10:38 PM
Leg@cy
Scooby Regular

you weren't wearing that funny hat of yours?????

THAT would have been enough for me to refuse you ANYTHING!!! LOL
Old 18 July 2004, 11:06 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like you should have pi55ed on him!!!
Old 19 July 2004, 12:15 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

lol@you guys

They were proper shoes so i didnt see any reason why he wouldnt let me in. I did manage to have a pi$$ in the end, right next door That bugged them no end i can tell ya.

boxst
I told him that it constituted assault and to try it one more time but he didnt seem to eager after that, think he could see the red mist over my eyes. Weird sensation that isnt it?

Legacy
Lets not get cheeky now is it mate lol btw i wasnt wearing the hat. Hope you and your family are well mate. When we gonna get together for a keebab.

Ron
The thought did cross my mind but i couldnt see him hanging around for a minute+ whilst i drained myself on his shoes

Last edited by scrappydoo; 19 July 2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:17 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

alcazar
Bring back a few cans of mace and i will buy them off you for the girlfriend and the family.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:39 AM
mike_cf5
Scooby Regular

jonno you clart

where was this? sounds like a right **** jockey im glad u stood your ground, shoulda gone round the back and had a **** on the bouncers car

i agree with what the dude up there said if it needs bouncers - even if you got in to the bog, some ****** in there probably would have started on you anyway! take care jonno its a jungle out there
Old 19 July 2004, 12:46 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Haha mikey boy. It was in da port mate. Chav central. Guess i should of expected it though. Wab!!!
Old 19 July 2004, 12:50 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

It terrible though. I mean you cant go anywhere today. Last year i went to cardiff cinema pretty early in the evening and some asian kids tried to stab me. I must have that face eh?

Remember that one Legacy?
Old 19 July 2004, 12:57 AM
mike_cf5
Scooby Regular

yeh jon your like me you bring out the best in ppl lol
Old 19 July 2004, 01:15 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I've just thought of the two bouncers from Phoenix Nights.

'He's brought the chips...the ee's dropped 'em. What's that all about.'

'Baldy, baldy baldy baldy, baldy bouncer, that's what you are'
Old 19 July 2004, 01:20 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Guess so mike. typical isnt it?

Sith
Havent seen that film yet, will try grab a copy
Old 19 July 2004, 07:21 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I thought these guys had to be licenced these days? If so why not complain to the local authority and make a formal complaint with the police. Even if nothing happens mud sticks ..............