Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Oops, just crashed my brothers car !

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2004, 09:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oops, just crashed my brothers car !

Have been using my brothers ROver 214 for a bit while I (slowly) service my Fiat Coupe, anyway one of the young lads at work asked me to have a look at a motor for him in Swinton today, on the way there crossing the East Lancs Road a Mondeo driver decides to stop having made the same last minute jib across the East Lancs then stops dead to go into a shop, 2004 Mondeo brakes better than 1995 Rover !

Mondeo man was very pleasant considering I had just crashed into him, swap details etc, Mondeo was reasonably unscathed apart from a gouge out of the rear bumper but the poor old Rover is shorter on one corner than the other, buy the bits from Britt Parts in Stockport and get home o fit them (Headlamp and indicators) and most of the brackets are broken off so a return trip is required at 4.30 (Not fun), get the headlamp replaced but will have to go back for the indicator tommorow, dropped in at my mum and dads having already started the job but my dad claimed jurisdiction like an Tommy Lee Jones in 'The Fugitive' and took over the repairs, I was given back my Fiat Coupe as more interesting work had arrived. Normally my dad would have perhaps chided/gloated a little but funnily enough about a year ago he wront of an IDENTICAL rover 214, same year, model, colour everything.

So am sat here having taken a couple of digital photos and emailed them to my bro in Peru where he is on his travels for the next 8 months, he said he is glad nothing has burrowed under his skin in his last email so I wonder whether his 800 quid Rover will bother him ?

Have never so much as scratched a car in 16 years of driving but I made a crap mistake which tonight I am trying to reconcile the only way I know how, Tennents Super !

Any humorous, supportive comments gratefully received.
Old 06 July 2004, 09:57 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, no humour or support - you're a careless ****!!!

Actually an £800 Rover 214 - you could have done him a favour and written it off
Old 06 July 2004, 10:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tiggers, can always rely on you for an objective appraisal of the situation and you are correct, too busy geting across the Easy Lancs !

In our family, they theink its all Rover, it is now...

Have got the bits for 29 quid, it has to be pretty bad in Jackson land to write it off, we bought a Pug 309 for 105 quid, fixed for 40 quid , it was run for 20k between four of us as a spare car over 2 years and sold for 400 quid so thats the mentality !

I suppose now the Coupes ready to kick Scooby butt its not so bad, 260 bhp etc etc.
Old 06 July 2004, 10:39 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Fiat Coupe? Mmmm. Did you manage to get them to install the bit that was obviously missing from mine that enables it to go round corners?

My wife just wrote off our Rover 214 unfortunately..

Steve.
Old 06 July 2004, 10:42 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Tiggers, can always rely on you for an objective appraisal of the situation and you are correct, too busy geting across the Easy Lancs
Just like to keep your spirits up mate. Actually that can be a bitch of a road can it not?

Your familiy sounds like that of a mate I had many years ago. They could buy cars for £50 and run them for 2 years with no problems at all, me I'd be spending £1000 the day after I bought it - Oh well, God smiles on the righteous I guess

tiggers.
Old 06 July 2004, 11:54 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

dyou like dags?
Old 07 July 2004, 12:24 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

£800!!?? I know someone who bought a 214 for £50.

Some kids tried to nick it and f**ked up the wiring....we tried to fix but couldn't start it, slammed the door in fustration...it started!! wtf??!! Opened the door, engine stopped - he worked it out in the end (very obvious)

It holed the radiator the other day and got air lock which relieved itself in a spectacular way when it overheated

Now, can I say something about Rover 200, 400 or even Freelander brakes on models with drum rear brakes?

Why does the pedel go halfway down before it does anything?? Bloody lethal if you ask me, the time it takes to press the pedal down you could be braking instead.

As you can guess, I love these excellent vehicles
Old 07 July 2004, 03:03 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Stomach pump normally required...

After a rover-dose