Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Satanism

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2004, 11:08 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satanism

Got sent this yesterday by a mate who found it on a UK website. Reading through it, i was surprised to find i actually agreed with a lot of it. The philosophy seems to be very anti-chav!

Satanism For Non-Dummies
by Donna Black & Helnock

In 1966, Anton Szandor LaVey founded the Church of Satan, the world's first official organization putting forward a codified Satanic religion. The following is only a brief outline of the basic tenets of Satanism. For more detailed information on Satanism, purchase “The Satanic Bible” by Anton Szandor LaVey and read the material at www.churchofsatan.com

Satan as an Archetypal Figure:
Satanists do not view Satan as a living, breathing entity, deity, fallen angel, big red bloke with horns. He is purely an embodiment of the characteristics that Satanists, unlike the majority of mankind, find to be in keeping with man's true nature. Pride, individuality, indulgence, ambition, carnal desire and self-interest are all emotions/traits that have been associated with Satan. Organized religion portrays these traits as being evil or sinful. Satanism, however, acknowledges these emotions as part of man's make up, and revels in them rather than denies them.

Rational Self-Interest:
The most important factor in life is self-preservation and the continuation of one's life. Thus, the central factor in a person's universe is him/herself, and a Satanist never loses sight of this fundamental truth. This does not mean that a Satanist is an unfeeling, callous sociopath. If someone is of importance to the Satanist, they will be cherished, valued and protected, as losing them would harm their self-interest. Those who are of no interest to the Satanist, unless they prove otherwise, remain exactly that, of no interest. One's interests are best served by being happy and contented in one's life, so all endeavors that will bring about this state of affairs are actively pursued.

Indulging One's Desires:
Central to the Satanic philosophy is vital self-indulgence. To deny one's true desires, be they carnal or sensual, leads to destructive repression. By giving free reign to one's desires, but not letting them lead to compulsion and/or addiction, allows one to lead the life one chooses, free from religiously and socially imposed feelings of guilt or sin. Being free to indulge your desires does not, however, mean that you have the right to impose your indulgences on others if they choose not to partake in them. Therefore, Satanism strictly prohibits (contrary to the traditional stereotype) rape, child molestation and the harming of animals.

Responsibility for One's Own Actions:
Satanists believe in the volition of mankind. There is no external power, be it God, fate, destiny etc. guiding the human race. Therefore, you have free will in every choice and action that you make and must be prepared to deal with the consequences and results, good or bad, of those decisions. Satanism is life without a safety net. It abhors the victim culture that is prevalent in society. Anyone is free to blame anyone else, God, McDonalds, their childhood, the government, just as long as they don't have to take a good look at themselves and admit their shortcomings.

Freedom from Herd Mentality and Conformity:
Satan has always been portrayed as the rebel, the one who bucks the trend. Satanism carries on this tradition by advocating rampant individuality. A Satanist will never allow himself to be sucked in by media induced knee jerk reactions. He will look at issues through reason and logic, and base his opinion on this alone. The majority of mankind act like sheep, being told what to think and what to do. This could be by their church, their peers, the government and the prevailing cultural milieu. The Satanist has no respect for trends or fashion, and will chose aesthetic preferences, codes of ethics and mode of thought without any reference to what is considered acceptable by those around him.

The Use of Ritual/Lesser Magic:
There are two distinct forms of magic practiced in Satanism, Greater Magic (or "Ritual Magic") and Lesser Magic. The first concerns the performing of an actual ritual, complete with altar, chalice, ritual sword, candles etc. A ritual is performed as an exercise in focusing one's will, to effect changes in accordance with one's desires. Although demons are called forth in the ritual, as has been explained earlier, these are not viewed as actual "beings" that exist; they are used as symbolic representations of the desired result of the ritual. When one performs magic, one is putting one's desires/feelings into a formal setting and structured framework.

Lesser Magic is used in everyday life, and involves such practices as reading body language, subtle manipulation through the use of subconscious suggestion and portraying certain images of oneself in accordance with other's expectations or preferences to achieve the desired result. Anton LaVey expands on the subject of Lesser Magic in his book, The Satanic Witch.

Survival of the Fittest/ Lex Talionis:
Satanism is an elitist religion. There is a saying in Satanism that "Satanists are born, not made." This means that Satanists already have certain characteristics, a particular mindset and way of looking at things that makes them Satanists. Not everyone can be a Satanist. Those who lack intelligence, do not take responsibility for their actions and believe the falsehoods that they are told can never hope to become Satanists, no matter how many Pentagram necklaces they buy or Black Metal albums they own.

And as an elitist religion, Satanism advocates stratification of society, a form of human, social Darwinism. Those who by their actions and accomplishments strive to better their positions deserve recognition and advancement. Those who are happy to live as parasites and sponge off the creativity and achievements of others should, by their lack of action, be relegated to the bottom of the heap. As in nature, the strong survive while the weak perish, and this should be reflected in human society. What we mean by "weak" is NOT weakness of body, but weakness of character. Those who do nothing, deserve nothing. People should be judged on INDIVIDUAL merit alone.

Satanism advocates the Law of the Jungle, or Lex Talionis (Law of the Talon.) The current legal system is riddled with Judeo-Christian contradictions. The perpetrator of a crime is considered to be the victim, whereas the real victim of the crime is afforded no sympathy, and often sees the criminal escape justice with derisory sentencing. In nature, the undesirable and the pests are cast out, and Satanism believes that those who commit crimes must face the consequences of their actions through appropriate measures.

Copyright © 2002 Helnock & Donna Black
All Rights Reserved
Old 02 July 2004, 03:53 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

What a bloody load of RUBBISH!!!!
Old 02 July 2004, 03:57 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Well, I'm off to sacrifice a goat.............

(Must be all the heavy metal I listen to )
Old 02 July 2004, 03:57 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
Care to qualify that remark scrappy?
Old 02 July 2004, 03:58 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Far too many isms for me. A man should not belive in an ism, he should belive in himself Ferris Buller
Old 02 July 2004, 04:05 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Iwan
Freedom from Herd Mentality and Conformity:
Satan has always been portrayed as the rebel, the one who bucks the trend. Satanism carries on this tradition by advocating rampant individuality.

The Use of Ritual/Lesser Magic:
There are two distinct forms of magic practiced in Satanism, Greater Magic (or "Ritual Magic") and Lesser Magic. The first concerns the performing of an actual ritual, complete with altar, chalice, ritual sword, candles etc.
Is the difference quite clear, everybody?

When one performs magic, one is putting one's desires/feelings into a formal setting and structured framework.
I'll remember that at the next birthday party....
Old 02 July 2004, 04:42 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

>>>Care to qualify that remark scrappy?<<<

Ummm, In hindsight i meant to say 'what a load of philoshophical Bulls**t!!!!
Old 02 July 2004, 08:26 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Seems ok until you remember that if satan by some very slim chance exists, you will burn in hell for eternity for worshipping him. I'll take the tedium of heaven thanks.
Old 02 July 2004, 08:33 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Talking

anti-chav? lol you lot are OBSESSED with that word
Old 02 July 2004, 08:37 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Seems ok until you remember that if satan by some very slim chance exists, you will burn in hell for eternity for worshipping him. I'll take the tedium of heaven thanks.
To quote Enigma:-

If you believe in God you must also believe in the devil!
Old 02 July 2004, 08:50 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
I disagree, it seems to be a hell (no pun intended) of a lot less indoctrinal than a lot of 'accepted' religions to me

As an aside, why is repression good for you. I bet that per head, there are a hell of a lot less paganist/satanist priests abusing children in their trust than there are catholic priests doing it
Old 02 July 2004, 10:15 PM
IPKIS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drumsterphil
Well, I'm off to sacrifice a goat.............

(Must be all the heavy metal I listen to )

<<bites the head off a bat >>

i'm with you ozzy
Old 03 July 2004, 11:50 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

That particular "ism" just seems to be an excuse to take part in debased practises!

Les