Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Just had an unpleasant experience

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2004, 06:01 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just had an unpleasant experience

Our youngest stayed the night at my mums so I went to pick him up, I thought we would all go as my grandparents were visiting my mums and we dont see them often but our middle lad had some birthday money burning a hole in his pocket so the wife went in her car to WoolWorths for him to choose something, anyway we all meet up at my parents have a brew and then we decide to go, I was in my Fiat Coupe and my dad was having a look at a problem I am having with it so my wife leaves in her Sharan between 5 and 10 minutes before me.

I set off from my parents in Heald Green to my house in Wilmslow and half way home on the way into Wilmslow I am greeted by a Police diversion and the sight of a large car in the distance upside down, blazing like mad, didnt think anything of it at first and couldnt make out the type of car because of the distance and the smoke, little bit concerned as this is the route she would take.

I try calling home and there was no answer, I call her mobile and no answer, just ringing out, i eventually battle through the traffic and get onto our cul-de-sac and there was no Sharan in our drive, obviously I was concerned before this but having seen the empty drive I started to get really concerned, I tried her mobile again, still no answer so I set off back to the other side of the road that was blocked off, again the traffic was bad, I get there and cant see anything.

I set off home again trying her phone again, still no answer, I never drive and use my phone but I though that in the circumstances, any copper that pulled me for it would end up with it jammed up his ****, I get home and still no car there so I decide to go in and wait and tried her mobile again, still no answer so I call her mum to see if she has called in there, her mum answers and tells me shes not there so I explain the situation and go off the phone and try the mobile again, starting to really panic now as it has been half an hour.

Bugger me, she answers !

I explained the situation and then broke down in tears like a great big girls blouse, turns out she had nipped to the garden centre to get the Hamster some bedding even though she said on leaving my mums she was going straight home.

Fact remains, even though my family are ok, there was what looked a nasty accident, hope everyone was ok.
Old 20 June 2004, 06:12 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holly **** !!

You've got a hamster !!

Hope the others are OK
Old 20 June 2004, 08:05 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that means you are one "unscheduled stop at the pub on the way home from work" in credit then!

Glad everything worked out ok though
Old 20 June 2004, 08:12 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers, good point about the pub but I wouldnt like to put the wife through what I just went through, I really thought they had been in the accident, normally when you get something like that, soon something gives you a clue to the fact they are more than likely ok, it was a case of whatever I tried it looked like it was them, the phone calls, the timing etc etc, I think a more strident ring tone might be in order, also taking the three kids into a busy garden centre when they were all giddy was mad, so it wasnt a likely stop !