Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

snooper s6r-classic road angel or original origin?

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2004, 09:24 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snooper s6r-classic road angel or original origin?

as stated above which is best-also i read that they can detect mobile laser guns upto if memory is right 2km but as i understand these r hard to detect as they are only live as such when trigger is pressed so if they aim at u by time it tells u that there is a laser its to late but does range of 2 km means if they aim it at anyone in that distance before u then u will get a warning so can slow down in time-any help please-im confused lol also which i sbest for swapping between 2 cars quite often with minimum hassle

thank you
Old 19 June 2004, 10:37 AM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Origin b2 everytime!!
Laser detection is pretty worthless if you're speeding because they'll have nailed you before you can react to the warning. Laser is different to radar and you don't get "scatter" with it.
There's only one thing to do.........................buy an LRC100 (garage door opener)

Jason
Old 19 June 2004, 10:40 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

I thought in recent tests they showed that you do get scatter, and therefore some time to react?

Does the LRC work on its own? Because then you could just use the beep as a warning to slow down (then it shuts down for a while), and have sat nav with speed camera POIs for the gatsos etc.

I'm also looking for the best combo, with one eye on pocket PCs/tom tom go, as they seem to offer a good combination of functions. I don't want to go for a very focused unit if something else will deliver 99% of that + more.
Old 19 June 2004, 10:43 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

i think i need a detector but cant afford to spend to much on one so was hoping to just get a radar/laser detector that would hopefully do both without going to expense of buying a laser jammer as i have 2 cars so i would have to buy 2 of em as well-hence why i want a detector that can be swapped easily between cars
Old 19 June 2004, 10:50 AM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

For maximum reliability you need a GPS based detector such as RoadAngel or b2, neither are what I would call cheap particularly. However, as with anything, you get what you pay for and what price on your licence eh?
If you want a cheap RoadAngel, jason4656 has one for sale, PM him and tell him I sent you!!

Jason