RESULT!

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2004, 05:28 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool RESULT!

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=267386

I wrote them back asking for a picture of the "incident" to help identify the driver - basically just wanted the pic

Got a letter back stating that it was not their policy to send pics but it was the law that I had to state who was driving the car.

I said it was me but send me a pic & if it was my car in it, then I'll pay the NIP.

Buggered if I'm going to cough for something if they can't even show me that my car, which I drive 99.9% of the time, was where they claim it was at the time that they say.

That was in January....

Got a letter today - NO FURTHER ACTION

Thing is, I was there, probably doing the speed they estimated and prepared to take the FP & 3 pts IF they send me the photo - in fact, I wasn't worried about the points/fine, just wanted the photo!

There's some interesting stuff on the web about this approach, though not the way I handled it.

The other thing is I think it's out of time now to prosecute anyway but nevermind...

(Just got to pay the £30 now for the stopping on a clearway Don't get you one way, they'll get you another )
Old 09 June 2004, 07:33 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tut tut tut..

"Scoobynet Moderator in Controversial Avoidance of Just Punishment"...

I don't know what the world is coming too..

Well DONE mate

Now you can pay me the £20 you STILL owe me, seeing as you are £60 better off :P
Old 09 June 2004, 09:22 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Good result even if you did have a small charge to pay least you still have a licence without points!
Old 09 June 2004, 10:00 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

RESULT!!! give that a try if I get another, just got a clean license after 9 points, I wouldn't mind but I got them while at work delivering to deadlines!!! Should not have risked my license I spose but didn't want any grief from the boss!!
Old 09 June 2004, 10:23 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I suggest you do it again just to proove it wasn't a one-off incident
Old 09 June 2004, 11:10 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Even the government admit that there are about 130,000 cars driving on cloned plates at any given time. With this in mind the scamers can be reluctant to provide you with their evidence against you. People have been using this against them as an effective defence. It just highlights how big a con the whole thing is when, often, they are reluctant to have their evidence examined in court and would rather withdraw the case.

On chap recently managed to get both his Gatso photos and did a calculation of his speed using the painted lines on the road. The scamers were doing him for 54 in a 30. His actual speed as calculated from the photos was 13mph. He knew he was sitting in traffic at the time, hence why he damanded to see the photos, however it took 6 months of fighting for them to release the photos. I wonder why?

As it is it could be all over for them anyhow as an expert in European Law has asserted that the European Court of Human Rights has already ruled in the favour of Idris Francis. Idris was of the view that the demand to identify the driver went against your fundamental right to silence and right not to incriminate yourself. Hence why they are working hard to get cameras in place that will photograph the driver as the ECHR overrules a UK court on this matter. This European position is to be tested in open court very soon, actually it should of happened a few days back but for some reason no one was keen to hear the arguements :-)

Any one with an NIP or who thinks there is one in the post would do well to take the full 28 days before returning it. In the next few days it is possible that the courts will accept that it is not legal to ask you to return it.
Old 10 June 2004, 08:06 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done James. I do believe I gave the best advice on that post of yours then

Do I get a pint!

F