Download Festival

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2004, 10:07 PM
J1nxy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Download Festival

well that was bloody good weekend.

Satruday was no where near as good as it could have been, with both Soil and Static -X missing, but Linkin Park put on a hell of a show.

Sunday was unbelivable. Breed 77 kicked it off with a hell of a set for a new band and it just got better from there. Slipknot were incerdible and I thought Korn would struggle to follow them...boy was I wrong, they blew the place away.

The crowd started to get a bit agitated when Metallica failed to show until 10, when they were due on at about 8.30 When it turned out that Lars was in hospital and that they'd been running round trying to find a replacement or 2 and they were going to play with the stand ins the crowd went nuts.

They only played for just over an hour but Joey Jordison from Slipknot deserves a bloody medal. The guy ripped thru the Metallica back catalog adding his own twist to classics as he went. They had 2 other guys stand in for a couple of tracks, the drummer from Slayer and Lars's drum tech. They did a good job but nothing to compare to Joey.

All in all it was a bloody good weekend and to see a once in a life time set from Metallica + guest drummers just rounded it off. Ok I can understand if some people were un happy as Metallica should have played for 2+ hours and we got 1 hour but its not something I expect will be seen again.

Steve