Petrol Price Up again.

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2004, 04:01 PM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Petrol Price Up again.

Petrol prices about to soar

Motorists were today facing a petrol price hike of up to 50p-a-gallon as oil prices soared in the wake of terrorist atrocities in the Middle East.

WTF . Plus Moron Gordon is going to up the Tax

The economic fall-out of the atrocity was still being gauged today amid fears that prices at the pumps could leap 20 per cent to 92p a litre, which is £4.18 a gallon.

E-mail urges motorists to join boycott

Shropshire motorists who have been left angry at soaring petrol prices are being urged to steer clear of blockades and to boycott the biggest names on the forecourt instead.

An e-mail currently circulating in the county is stirring up support among drivers to avoid fuel-giants Esso and BP in a bid to force the price of petrol down.

It says that as aggressive action has failed in the past - notoriously during the bleak stand-off in 2000 which led to nationwide chaos on the roads - a more intelligent plan has to be carried out.

The e-mail, which has been passed on by beleaguered motorists, some of whom are top-level executives in Shropshire, says the only way the price of petrol will come down is if they hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol.

And they are promising to hold out until petrol is reduced to at least 69p per litre.

Bring on the Fuel blockades.
Old 01 June 2004, 04:03 PM
Ghostdog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shropshire-Guy
Petrol prices about to soar

Motorists were today facing a petrol price hike of up to 50p-a-gallon as oil prices soared in the wake of terrorist atrocities in the Middle East.

WTF . Plus Moron Gordon is going to up the Tax

The economic fall-out of the atrocity was still being gauged today amid fears that prices at the pumps could leap 20 per cent to 92p a litre, which is £4.18 a gallon.

E-mail urges motorists to join boycott

Shropshire motorists who have been left angry at soaring petrol prices are being urged to steer clear of blockades and to boycott the biggest names on the forecourt instead.

An e-mail currently circulating in the county is stirring up support among drivers to avoid fuel-giants Esso and BP in a bid to force the price of petrol down.

It says that as aggressive action has failed in the past - notoriously during the bleak stand-off in 2000 which led to nationwide chaos on the roads - a more intelligent plan has to be carried out.

The e-mail, which has been passed on by beleaguered motorists, some of whom are top-level executives in Shropshire, says the only way the price of petrol will come down is if they hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol.

And they are promising to hold out until petrol is reduced to at least 69p per litre.

Bring on the Fuel blockades.
Great, another email that if I do not succeed in forwarding to 5 bajillion people in 1.3 nano seconds my family will suffer grave illness for a thousand years
Old 01 June 2004, 04:06 PM
yoza
BANNED

I think its a disgrace that people pay up to 80 odd pence for a litre of petrol.

You woudnt catch me falling for it...
Old 01 June 2004, 04:10 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

driving home from skegness on wednesday and passed a petrol station wanting 89.9p for normal unleaded OUCH!!!!!! what a rip off. still some places reasonably priced though, easiest way is take the car of the road for a while and train/cycle/walk for a while but people are too lazy to do this.... either do something about it or stop the moaning.
Old 01 June 2004, 04:14 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shropshire-Guy
"Stirring up support"??? They haven't read scoobynet, have they? Stirring up blood pressure, more like.
Old 01 June 2004, 05:01 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I still don't understand why oil goes up in price because of terrorist attrocities It seems to be playing right into their hands. It's a feckin stupid response IMO.

Ah, well at least I have the bike and an old 1.3 brick to fall back on. Time to chop the Scoob in for a quality economy car methinks.... (nobody will ever want to buy it now in the current climate)

UB
Old 01 June 2004, 05:10 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
I still don't understand why oil goes up in price because of terrorist attrocities It seems to be playing right into their hands. It's a feckin stupid response IMO.
UB
It's like any market force, it's more about perception and herd instinct than any hard analysis of the facts. At the moment China is a huge importer of oil which has helped to push prices up in the form of increased demand coupled with the American "driving season" which will lead to an increase in consumption thus even more demand.

There is a perception that terrorist attacks will interrupt supply either directly on oil wells/pipelines or Iraq will escalate into a full blown civil war thus decreasing the oil suppply. As such, the market sentiment forces the oil price up despite OPEC's efforts in conjunction with the non-aligned States efforts to reduce the price.

In other words, demand outstrips supply in the eyes of the market makers.
Old 01 June 2004, 05:33 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Superb. So al-Qaeda can now effectively control market forces to govern the world price of cude oil, using little more than knives and the odd grenade. (again!) No wonder they see the west as weak and stupid.

UB
Old 01 June 2004, 05:37 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Never mind terrorists, we all know it's down to stealth tax why fuel is so high in this rip off country.

And these ******* want me to vote for them??

I'd rather wipe my *** on the voting slip than vote for Blairs useless to$$ers.

Andy.
Old 01 June 2004, 05:38 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Superb. So al-Qaeda can now effectively control market forces to govern the world price of cude oil, using little more than knives and the odd grenade. (again!) No wonder they see the west as weak and stupid.
UB
Yup. There is talk of Saudi Arabia increasing production by 2.5 million barrels a day but supposedly these are the oil wells that are potentially vulnerable to terrorist activity. Of course, what many forget is that Saudi oil has a very high sulphur content which would not be suitable for US petroleum production so quite what effect this would have on oil prices is debatable, although the Iraqi fields are more suitable I understand.

But then again, the invasion of Iraq was never about oil, was it?

Old 01 June 2004, 05:42 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

lol when will people learn
Old 01 June 2004, 05:45 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Walwal
Never mind terrorists, we all know it's down to stealth tax why fuel is so high in this rip off country.

And these ******* want me to vote for them??

I'd rather wipe my *** on the voting slip than vote for Blairs useless to$$ers.

Andy.
Unfortunately, this time it's not true as the increase in oil/petrol prices is a result of market forces but as the Government has cried wolf too many times in the past no-one believes them anymore. Abandoning the fuel escalator for budget increases has not done them any favours, so I'm all in favour of voting them out but as I wasn't one of the misguided fools who voted for them in the first place I'm probably biased.

PS. As we've now successfully hijacked this thread and moved it onto a favourite subject of mine - Labour bashing - can I suggest that you don't wipe your **** with the voting slip but instead put your 'X' in the box marked Conservative.

Old 01 June 2004, 05:50 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

LOL - you have to laugh at all the chav footballer's wife types swanning around in their gas guzzling 4 x 4s all paid for on credit. Couple this to the inevitable hike in interest rates and they will soon be well and truely stuffed. (As of course will the New Labour vote)

Personally I've been preparing for this combination of events for sometime, and I will be ready to cash in. Bring it on....

UB
Old 01 June 2004, 05:54 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone would think Saudi Arabia is bieng bombed by terrorists and hence making the world oil traders jittery
Old 01 June 2004, 07:37 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Personally I've been preparing for this combination of events for sometime, and I will be ready to cash in. Bring it on....

UB
Ahhh! You've just got to love the product of Thatcher's Britain haven't you now - me, me, me, me, me, me ......

tiggers.
Old 01 June 2004, 07:47 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Faire D'Income

PS. As we've now successfully hijacked this thread and moved it onto a favourite subject of mine - Labour bashing - can I suggest that you don't wipe your **** with the voting slip but instead put your 'X' in the box marked Conservative.

Riiiight, wasting your vote with the Labour Party, better off with the Conservatives.

So why is it that every Tory voter I've spoken to and heard from seems determined to vote for the UK Independence Party? Even the front bench, who just a few weeks ago were referring to "this so-called independence party" are now paying some grudging respect to the late Jimmy Goldsmith's mad fellow-travellers by calling it "UKIP". Given that no-one other than the UK Independence Party refers to itself in this way, I think it's fair to say that the Tories have the UKIP firmly on the radar screen and are ****ting bricks.

Basically, they're scared, and regardless of how good or bad the Labour Party may or may not have been over the last few years, it's going to be the Tories who get the floor wiped with their ballot papers rather than Tony's crew.

PS You didn't use to post on here as Holy Ghost, did you? The political slant and writing style are very similar.
Old 01 June 2004, 08:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tiggers
Ahhh! You've just got to love the product of Thatcher's Britain haven't you now - me, me, me, me, me, me ......

tiggers.
tiggers out for a troll again? How dull.

Thatcher may have started it , but but Tony's crew have raised the bar beyond any sense of moral decency.... Grossly inflated house prices, record borrowing, no merit in owning a car unless it's a great big bloated 4x4. etc, etc, etc.... Even the underclass are now bedecked in 'designer' clothing and 'bling' jewelery.

Mine are the politics of thrift and patience. I can wait for my rewards rather than adopt the current values of the 'everything now' brigade.

I wonder what tiggers stands for? I guess we'll never know, as the content of most of his posts seem to be to simply bait people.

UB
Old 01 June 2004, 08:23 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thanks Tone, so fecking bright of you and george to try and start a world war and **** up all our economies too.

what did you do wake up one day look at cherie and think lets celebrate the fact that its nearly 50 yrs since the last one so lets try and start another.

Didn't you do so fecking well. Osama only needs 2 weapons of mass destruction and he hides one in US and one in GB he calls them Bush and Blair 2 ***** who do more to support him than he ever acheived without them.

AAaaahh, exhale, thats better rant over, just wish our opinions mattered

I take it, that for the first time on scoobynet I can rant without being disagreed with - cool

Last edited by ||VaNDaL||; 01 June 2004 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01 June 2004, 08:28 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

UB,

If you have read and understood (the key word here I think) most of my previous posts around this subject you will know that I believe in politics for the good of the country as a whole. That is why a stable economy, low inflation and low interest rates matter more to me than any personal gain. The current government have provided that, the previous one did not.

The worst thing the previous governemnt did, however, was destroy the moral fabric of this country's society by making it be seen as a good thing to tread on others for personal gain and to make it an even better thing to boast about it.

That is exactly what came across in your post (again) hence my comment. It's not trolling - it's just despising what this country has become.

Yes and before you start I know I've said this before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in with you yet hence the repetition.

tiggers.
Old 01 June 2004, 08:48 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Cool

Tiggers its got to be better than

"whateverrrrrrrrrr" !!!!

we are creating a society of uncaring unaccountable chavs.

they have no respect, because they dont understand the concept.

they assualt people for dissin them, but because they go unpunished because they use some crap legal loophole to get them off

weve had the single parent syndrome/ hyperactive / e numbers / abused as a child / a d d disorder/

What the majority needed was a good dose of parental control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway i digress the main topic i wanted to throw into the tank (sic)

if its our north sea oil, why the **** do we let the other buggers have it..

lets crack it and make it uk only at 10p per GALLON inc vat and sell the rest to the world

Mart
Old 01 June 2004, 08:58 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Question

Is this one of those threads?
Old 01 June 2004, 08:58 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Mart,

whatever

tiggers.

P.S. Seriously though we are not creating that society - it has already been created - these are the children of Thatcher's Britain.
Old 01 June 2004, 09:03 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

UB,

If you have read and understood (the key word here I think) most of my previous posts around this subject you will know that I believe in politics for the good of the country as a whole. That is why a stable economy, low inflation and low interest rates matter more to me than any personal gain. The current government have provided that, the previous one did not.
Stable economy!!! LOL - That's why we have record oil (petrol) prices, record house prices, record debt, record levels of taxation, the constant threat of terorist attack? All of which is a *direct* result of New Labour policy error. Do you really think any of this is sustainable, and that a crash of monster propotions will not be their legacy?

The worst thing the previous governemnt did, however, was destroy the moral fabric of this country's society by making it be seen as a good thing to tread on others for personal gain and to make it an even better thing to boast about it.
And New Labour have done exactly what to change this? They made it even more acceptable, even prerequisite to be living above one's means on credit and mortgaged to the max. It's regarded as (bogus) evidence of 'success'.

That is exactly what came across in your post (again) hence my comment. It's not trolling - it's just despising what this country has become.
So why not blame the government for doing zero in a 7 year period to address this. Your blind loyalty to Tony and his cronies is touching, but misplaced. Especially as you 'despise what this country has become'.

Yes and before you start I know I've said this before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in with you yet hence the repetition.
The reason it hasn't sunk in is because IMO I find your stance muddled and frankly, plain wrong!

UB

Last edited by unclebuck; 01 June 2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01 June 2004, 09:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Mart,

whatever

tiggers.

P.S. Seriously though we are not creating that society - it has already been created - these are the children of Thatcher's Britain.
You just don't get it do you? These are the product of Political Correctness as mart said. Political Correctness is, of course, one of the cornerstones of The Third Way.
Old 01 June 2004, 09:10 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
Is this one of those threads?
Old 01 June 2004, 09:11 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Old 01 June 2004, 09:16 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
well, there's **** all on the telly. Unless Bollywood pop idols floats your boat.

Old 01 June 2004, 09:18 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

UB,

We are never going to agree as you cannot see what you are. If you want me to tell you how you come across in your posts on SN I will, but it won't be pleasant reading.

Having said that I guess this is not the place for this sort of dialogue so maybe I should just let it drop. See if you can do the same - it's up to you - I don't honestly mind either way.

tiggers.
Old 01 June 2004, 09:29 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I'm just having an attempt at a discussion, in reply to your various accusations. I don't know how that 'comes across' to you. You could have replied to the points I made but you've chosen not to.

That's your prerogative I suppose. Ho hum....
Old 01 June 2004, 09:38 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

No UB, it's not my perogative it's just there's no point.

You and I have totally opposite views on subjects such as this and we will never be swayed from our standpoints. For instance you blame all the UK's ills on Tony Blair's government whereas I blame the previous government for the key problem with society. I don't think any party can ever undo the damage that was done whereas you don't seem to think that's the case and so on and so forth ...

At the end of the day I can stay here and argure with you forever, but I've got work to do and I'm sure you've got something important to do like watch TV

tiggers.

Quick Reply: Petrol Price Up again.