Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Throwing stones off bridges....Driver killed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2004, 04:36 AM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Throwing stones off bridges....Driver killed!!!

What kind of little sicko does this? Following story taken on from the sun:

A VAN driver was killed yesterday when a yob on a road bridge hurled a stone through his windscreen.

Police were last night quizzing a boy of 15 on suspicion of murder. The driver — aged in his 20s — died as he lost control of his blue Mercedes van. He is thought to have become jammed half out of a side window when the vehicle flipped over. The van rolled several times and he suffered appalling head injuries.

Some onlookers, including children, were so hysterical they had to be treated for shock and hyperventilation. A spokesman for Mersey Regional Ambulance said: “The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. He had horrific injuries.” The spokesman added: “There were at least 20 people who had witnessed the incident from their cars.”

A teenage boy was seen fleeing the bridge over the A41 near Birkenhead, Merseyside. Witnesses had seen him throwing objects at passing cars.

Officers closed the New Ferry bypass and quizzed motorists after the incident at 1.50pm. Police were appealing for witnesses. Inspector Phil Anderson said: “This is a very serious incident.” The driver had not been named last night. A post mortem is due to be held today.
I've seen little ***** throwing stuff off motorway bridges before and lucky nothing serious like this happened on that occasion but what should happen to this 15 year old sack of **** with no brains?? How can we safeguard our future as drivers?

Last edited by Simon Lau; 01 June 2004 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01 June 2004, 06:39 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

What should happen and what will happen are two different things unfortunately.

Very very sad. More great British parenting on display once again.

tiggers.
Old 01 June 2004, 06:56 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

That's awful
Old 01 June 2004, 08:24 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Remember they had the same trouble in Italy some years back, so they numbered all the bridges and asked motorists to immediately report any throwing incidents along with the bridge number. I think sentances were severe for this, it pretty much stopped as I was told. Perhaps we should do the same thing here.

Did you know that there are more motorists in prison that burglars? And thats the Home Office figures. Most are there for speeding, non payment of fines etc, non-criminal offences. It really isnt needed and we need the space to lock up scum like this!
Old 01 June 2004, 08:31 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

A 15 year old boy has been arrested the little barsteward.
Old 01 June 2004, 09:41 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is too common I don't know what they are going to do to stop this because you'd have thought the story of the lorry driver on the M3 would have been enough to scare them off.
Old 01 June 2004, 09:56 AM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

My brothers van got a brick in the screen from a bridge on the M3, the same one that the truck driver died from, what else can we expect when they are surrounded with chav scum estates, luckily the brick landed next to him on the passenger seat, some bridges are totally sealed off in certain trouble spots with close mesh screening to prevent objects being hurled, looks like this could be the only answer
Old 01 June 2004, 10:14 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Perhaps they should introduce stoning as a corperal punishment for this offence....then perhap the scum will know what it feels like to have stones pelted at them.
Old 01 June 2004, 10:23 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andypugh2000
My brothers van got a brick in the screen from a bridge on the M3, the same one that the truck driver died from, what else can we expect when they are surrounded with chav scum estates, luckily the brick landed next to him on the passenger seat, some bridges are totally sealed off in certain trouble spots with close mesh screening to prevent objects being hurled, looks like this could be the only answer
fooking hell!! brown trouser time!! then followed by raging anger i would imagine!
Old 01 June 2004, 10:23 AM
juan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by r32
Remember they had the same trouble in Italy some years back, so they numbered all the bridges and asked motorists to immediately report any throwing incidents along with the bridge number. I think sentances were severe for this, it pretty much stopped as I was told. Perhaps we should do the same thing here.
I fear the severe sentences will prove to be a bit of a stumbling block to that solution in this country. ffs
Old 01 June 2004, 10:47 AM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

I just feel sorry the guy losing his life like this. A needless loss of an innocent young life...his family must be so angry at this time...very sad
Old 01 June 2004, 11:06 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Throw the kid off a motorway bridge, quickly followed by his (no doubt chav) useless parents.
Old 01 June 2004, 11:28 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Throw the kid off a motorway bridge, quickly followed by his (no doubt chav) useless parents.
probably inappropriate but.... LOL
Old 01 June 2004, 03:03 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

It's a shame this has happened to the poor motorist. The kid should be hung from the bridge as a warning to others.

Comming back from Sheffield kids were throwing things off a bridge at cars. I had to slow down, speed up and chage lanes to put off their aim.

I was all for getting out of the car, chasing and killing the kids to remove the scum from the genepool. My m8 calmed me down.
Old 01 June 2004, 03:15 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bbc
Old 01 June 2004, 03:27 PM
Ali Scott
Scooby Regular

what is up with these people?? little *******!!
Old 01 June 2004, 03:27 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

This brings back some memories.... heres a thread of what happened to me last year - and I considered myself lucky. Note exactly what I said to the Polica about 'murder report'. I feel luckier now.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=261471

Hope the little ba$tard gets his!
Old 01 June 2004, 04:37 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

What a surprise, he was from birkenhead.
That place needs bombing back to the stone age.
astraboy.
Old 01 June 2004, 05:29 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that thread Marky.

The residents of Wythenshawe on the M56 obviously have a history of this or cannot be trusted, all the bridges are completely enclosed, says a lot really and is quite reassuring.
Old 01 June 2004, 06:41 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

f*ckin brainless the people who do this ! what the **** do they think will happen?

when they are caught the should be stoned and see how they like it!
Old 01 June 2004, 06:52 PM
John WRX
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately the bloke who was killed in the van is a mate of mine and works for a mobile car repair company owned by a good mate of mine. I am shocked and quite cut up about the incident which came to my knowledge when i got home from the shootout yesterday. I didnt know until a few hours later who it was who had been killed until i had a phonecall off my other mate.
I feel sorry and truly sympathise with the family and freinds who Chris has left behind as he was a well known and well liked person and also brilliant at his job and a person who i could trust leaving my car with for spraying etc.
I use that road myself virtually everyday and have seen incidents in the past with kids throwing stones etc off the bridge but i never have seen anything this bad. The area around the bridge requires tidying up as there are a few derelict buildings around the area and kids are able to gain easy access to these sites which contain rubbish and waste.
I hope that the local council will see this problem and sort something out in the very near future to stop something as horiffic as this happening again.

My thoughts go out to Chris's family and freinds at this very sensitive moment in time.
Old 01 June 2004, 07:14 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Very sorry to know that John.Hope his family cope with this tragedy.
My heart goes out to them........
Old 01 June 2004, 07:29 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Ditto Turbohot...

The police have on this occasion caught the culprit, and like John says lets just hope something can be done by the local about that area (all areas)...Take it easy John!
Old 01 June 2004, 10:18 PM
Monkeh
Scooby Regular

I think we need the death penalty back for scum like this
Old 01 June 2004, 10:57 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

How hard is it to just enclose all Mway bridges FFS, How many more people will have to die because somebody doesnt want to spend the money to do it.

A good few years back there was a fad of kids throwing stuff at trains, most train bridges are now enclosed.

Although thats more to do with graffiti i would guess (knowing this country)
Old 01 June 2004, 11:53 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Numbering ALL bridges may well help.People like this are truly what the word stupid was intended for...
Old 02 June 2004, 12:09 AM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by r32

The Coppers over hear would just start doing people for using mobile phones reporting the incidents. More cost affective than attempted murder cases.

They should force that little **** to do exactly the same to his own dad.

Condolences to this poor chap’s family.
Old 02 June 2004, 12:29 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by wrxtankie
How hard is it to just enclose all Mway bridges FFS, How many more people will have to die because somebody doesnt want to spend the money to do it.

A good few years back there was a fad of kids throwing stuff at trains, most train bridges are now enclosed.

Although thats more to do with graffiti i would guess (knowing this country)
I agree that they should be enclosed....but the daft thing is It shouldn't be needed. I mean, its the attitude of the youth, and their parents that need sorting. They aren't born like that...they were raised like that. And that's what need to be sorted. Enclose a bridge and they'll probably nick some wire cutters from B&Q to cut a holle to chuck to stuff through, or they'll start tying trip cables across roads, or something else more lethal.

It's such a pity that a good person's life is in the hands of a mindless teenager with a rock
Old 02 June 2004, 01:30 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

I was driving to scoobchrissy's house, going down parkway (in Sheffield) and I saw some kids on a bridge throwing stuff, and heard a bang on the roof of my car. Couldnt find nothing at first, but on closer inspection theres a dent & 2 paint chips.

I was lucky I suppose, but my thoughts go to the family & friends of the driver who was killed.

I can understand the comments of "Death Penalty" etc, but that just makes us as bad or maybe worse than them.

I think the idea of enclosed bridges or even "NO" bridges would be better.

something needs to be done !

Phil
Old 02 June 2004, 02:51 AM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb Excellent

Originally Posted by Tim-Grove

They should force that little **** to do exactly the same to his own dad.

LOL ...PMSL

Quick Reply: Throwing stones off bridges....Driver killed!!!