Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Problem with police

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2004, 09:02 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with police

Was sitting here having a look at Snet & heard a loud squealing of tyres so looked out the front & seen a police focus flying over the large speed bumps outside my house, so i goes out as having small kids & staying in an cul de sac i was concerned at the speed of them
They flew round & i stopped them, basically asking what gave them the right to go so fast i was told they are chasing criminals & they couldnt care about the kids
so i went off on one & basically told them that they are out of order & if that was anyone else i would be telling them the same they looked at me & fecked off

now the question is should i report them ?????????/

Will anyhting happen ??????

sorry for the kinda put together txt but i really want to do something about this ????
Old 31 May 2004, 09:11 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Angry

My advise is definitely look to report them...if they were on a genuine shout fair enough, although if they were on a genuine shout i doubt they'd have stopped at all.....as for whether anything will happen, depends on whether others witnessed it, what they were doing and so on.....but rude coppers really gets my goat, there's no need for it at all....
And in case you think i'm bitter and ask if i got a ticket recently, the answer is no!!! It annoys me because i am one and it does us no favours at all...yes i give tickets to people going too fast for the conditions, yes i stick people on for having no tax and yes i give tickets for no seat belt..why, because it's the only way these people will learn and stop killing us decent folk and driving up our insurance...and yes i do still get full enjoyment from my scooby...just at appropriate times!!!!Rant over
Old 31 May 2004, 09:13 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Was sitting here having a look at Snet & heard a loud squealing of tyres so looked out the front & seen a police focus flying over the large speed bumps outside my house, so i goes out as having small kids & staying in an cul de sac i was concerned at the speed of them
They flew round & i stopped them, basically asking what gave them the right to go so fast i was told they are chasing criminals & they couldnt care about the kids
so i went off on one & basically told them that they are out of order & if that was anyone else i would be telling them the same they looked at me & fecked off

now the question is should i report them ?????????/

Will anyhting happen ??????

sorry for the kinda put together txt but i really want to do something about this ????
Yes you should report them, just because they are the police doesn't give them the right to drive around without due care & attention, you should quote the line (chasing criminals & they couldn't care about the kids) , as this seems a amazing comment to make. It's amazes me the attitude sometimes the police have to other people when they are driving even when they are not on a call (example driving though red lights and so on). Hope you have luck reporting them.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:15 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

WRXPete, pop round to my house in Ash Vale and nick my neighbour will ya. Cheeky ******* tax is 17months out of date, and noticed today he's reversed his disc so you cant see the date now! Another neighbours reported it twice, and nothings been done!
I'm buggered to se why I should forkout almost £400 a year, while some thieving git can't be arsed!
Old 31 May 2004, 09:16 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Pete - about 6 people were out as i said its a really quiet little cul de sac & its full of young kids so theres a lot of concerned parents out looking and pointing !!

I dont have anything against the police (as i nearly joined 2 yrs ago my choice as well) but it got my goat as i would stop anyone that did that kinda speed here

ps thanks for your comments
Old 31 May 2004, 09:28 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by FlightMan
WRXPete, pop round to my house in Ash Vale and nick my neighbour will ya. Cheeky ******* tax is 17months out of date, and noticed today he's reversed his disc so you cant see the date now! Another neighbours reported it twice, and nothings been done!
I'm buggered to se why I should forkout almost £400 a year, while some thieving git can't be arsed!
Send us the reg mate...i think Ash Vale is in my division, not in Surrey's patch...and i'll see what i can do (please no one make a habit of this though!!!)He's almost certainly got no insurance in that case....that's next on the list after causing death by dangerous driving...it's shows a total disregard for everyone else...to**er!

Last edited by WRXPete; 31 May 2004 at 09:32 PM. Reason: more to rant about!!!
Old 31 May 2004, 09:30 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Granby
Yes you should report them, just because they are the police doesn't give them the right to drive around without due care & attention, you should quote the line (chasing criminals & they couldn't care about the kids) , as this seems a amazing comment to make. It's amazes me the attitude sometimes the police have to other people when they are driving even when they are not on a call (example driving though red lights and so on). Hope you have luck reporting them.
And to respond to this one, Hants police are great for sorting this...plenty of the drivers have been stuck on when it's beed appropriate...in Hants at least, we are treated like anyone else when it comes to the law...i'm sure it's the same for a lot of forces of course, but i've only worked for the one!!
Old 31 May 2004, 09:32 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

The police along with ALL emergency services have to by law adhere to the road traffic act and are not immune to prosecution from speeding. Recent case were the Ambulance crews done while speeding to an emergency call. Also rozzers done after crashes...some fatal.

Reporting them is the only option!! Do not speak with the numptie at the desk, ask to speak to the highest ranking officer (Inspector) in the station as you have a serious comlplaint. The desk jockey will only fob you off.
I have the same issues on the road I live on. Panda cars flying past all the time and T5's go past sometimes that quick, you don't see the blue lights.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:33 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

doesn't give them the right to drive around without due care & attention
How do you know they were driving without due care and attention?

It is possible to make "progress" without it being careless.

A quick phone call to the DVLA shop-a-tax-dodger line is all thats required.
The adverts are on the telly all the time, and if you call, they will come round and clamp the car.
It isn't a police matter, but a DVLA one, all the police are empowered to do is stick tickets on the windscreen (which will probably never get paid anyway)

The way to hurt them is to clamp them and only DVLA can do that.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:38 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

To everyone that moans about the speed of police cars....

Ask yourself....

When you are being set upon by 6 yobs, or when you look out of your window and see your Scoob being screwed, or you wake up and hear someone ransacking your house downstairs..... would you rather the police doddled to your aid? or that they got there as quickly as possible?

Jeez.

Another opportunity for a good old Scoobynet police bash, don't you lot ever get bored?
Old 31 May 2004, 09:38 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
How do you know they were driving without due care and attention?

It is possible to make "progress" without it being careless.

The adverts are on the telly all the time, and if you call, they will come round and clamp the car.
It isn't a police matter, but a DVLA one, all the police are empowered to do is stick tickets on the windscreen (which will probably never get paid anyway)

Actually, if caught in the act, they can still be reported and go direct to court...but the usual is to roadside statement and submit to DVLA for prosecution. Using the phone line is only useful if the car is registered to the current user with the DVLA...i'm willing to bet he hasn't noticfied them that he is the owner...the obvious lack of insurance is a much more serious issue, which is why i want the reg....then we can aim to stop the car, issue a 7 dayer and smile when he doesn't produce!!!Which he won't!!
Old 31 May 2004, 09:42 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

To everyone that moans about the speed of police cars....

Ask yourself....

When you are being set upon by 6 yobs, or when you look out of your window and see your Scoob being screwed, or you wake up and hear someone ransacking your house downstairs..... would you rather the police doddled to your aid? or that they got there as quickly as possible?

Jeez.

Another opportunity for a good old Scoobynet police bash, don't you lot ever get bored?
Hey, i'm not bashing my own....i agree with you whole heartidly, the bigger issue it the rudeness....it can be very hard when you are rushing to a job and a member of the public innocently gets in the way...bloody annoying in fact, but it's not reason to say stupid things about not caring about a kids safety. We take our jobs seriously, we never doddle when a sprint is needed, but it's better to arrive late than never cos you've totalled it....and never any need to be rude....regardless of someone's attitude to me, if they've broken the law, i'm always going to be the winner...so why bring myself down to their level??
Old 31 May 2004, 09:42 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

i was told they are chasing criminals & they couldnt care about the kids
so i went off on
If they really did say that, report them. Yes, they could have been driving with due care & attention, but if they admitted to not caring, that is totally out of order.

Due care & attention would be recognising there were people around, and avoiding a pursuit unless it was a threat to many more lives than the police car was threatening (even then?!).

Not many criminal acts are worth a pursuit where other's lives are at risk. Sadly, the police don't seem to recognise this logical fact. The mist descends long before
Old 31 May 2004, 09:43 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Actually, if caught in the act, they can still be reported and go direct to court
Actually, if "caught in the act", they are charged with contravening VERA 1994 and reported to DVLA via a CLE25 DVLA then fine the driver/keeper and try to claim back tax.

Using the phone line is only useful if the car is registered to the current user with the DVLA
Nope.
The car doesn't even require a current keeper.
All DVLA need to know is that an untaxed car is lying on a public road, and they will clamp it.
If the owner does not approach them to have the car released it is scrapped.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:44 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPete
Hey, i'm not bashing my own....i agree with you whole heartidly, the bigger issue it the rudeness....
With all due respect Pete you are taking one side of the story.

Not particularly objective, impartial or fair there mate.

Nathan..
Old 31 May 2004, 09:50 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Actually, if "caught in the act", they are charged with contravening VERA 1994 and reported to DVLA via a CLE25 DVLA then fine the driver/keeper and try to claim back tax.

Nope.
The car doesn't even require a current keeper.
All DVLA need to know is that an untaxed car is lying on a public road, and they will clamp it.
If the owner does not approach them to have the car released it is scrapped.
If we're gonna get technical, it's a CLE28, but it is still an offence to drive without tax, the CLE28 method is recommended as its wastes less police time and saves the already over crowded courts, but by no means is it the only route to be taken....and clamping is fine, but people have a habit of breaking them off!!
And as for my one sided argument, i thought i was being fairly balanced to be honest....police do realise the fact of pursuit not being worth it...just say the words "Motorbike failing to stop" or "very fast and reckless" or "juvenile at the wheel" and so on, and we get stood down in a heart beat!
And i withdraw the bit at the start about "technically is a CLE28"...not the point and below the belt...I apologise!

Last edited by WRXPete; 31 May 2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 31 May 2004, 11:25 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

To be honest if the police are chasing and catching ******* I couldn't care less if some innocent people get hurt or killed in the process.

Lots of people complain about vandalism, yobbish beahiou etc, and then complain about the police trying to catch them!

If people complain about police driving etc the ******* will know they can just run and can't be chased! So we might as well not bother woth any police!
Old 31 May 2004, 11:28 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chrisgr31
To be honest if the police are chasing and catching ******* I couldn't care less if some innocent people get hurt or killed in the process.
Absolute rubbish.

A life is worth more than that. You'd be happy for your partner/child/relative to be killed just so a ****** could get caught?

Sorry, but I cannot believe you'd be happy with that.....
Old 01 June 2004, 12:07 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

And so another thread goes off on a tangent
Even though the initial post was quite a simple one to reply to.
Old 01 June 2004, 12:58 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

hmmm, except if the car is on their driveway....

BB
Old 01 June 2004, 01:04 AM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Lots of people complain about vandalism, yobbish beahiou etc, and then complain about the police trying to catch them!

If people complain about police driving etc the ******* will know they can just run and can't be chased! So we might as well not bother woth any police!
can we bring back hanging too???

after all by this logic if the wrongful legalised execution of a hundred innocent men can prevent just one murder - then it too must be justified.

wish I was clever, like you

Last edited by ||VaNDaL||; 01 June 2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01 June 2004, 06:22 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Interested in this - "A quick phone call to the DVLA shop-a-tax-dodger line is all thats required."

But the DVLA website only shows this -
"6. How do I report an unlicensed vehicle?

If you wish to report a vehicle that appears to be unlicensed, the details should be sent in writing to your nearest DVLA Local Office. This may be done anonymously.

The details must include:

the registration mark;

location of the vehicle;

the make/model, colour;
wherever possible, please provide:

the time it can be seen on the public road;

name and address of the owner;
The information provided can then be used for further investigations by an Inquiry Officer who will make a formal sighting of the vehicle and complete a witness statement.

You may also send the details by e-mail at unlic.dvla@gtnet.gov.uk."

No phone number and has to be done in writing, does this "DVLA shop-a-tax-dodger line" actually exist..? Anyone got the number?
Old 01 June 2004, 07:26 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Talking

First the Bill charging round, I fully support the Police in most of what they do, was the blue light going and did they have a siren on? Seems odd chasing some one down a cul de sac though, was there any one in front of them? And that they had the time to stop and talk to you? Mighty odd. You should report them, the number of innocent lives lost beacuse of Police drivers goes up every year, the numbers are quite sad. Very few pursuits would justify innocent people dying!

As for reporting the non taxed car, the police dont want to know, the local council dont want to know and the DVLA are even worse. I know we've tried all three.
Old 01 June 2004, 01:09 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

YOU COULDNT CARE LESS !!!

what kinda comment is that

PLEASE read AGAIN what i wrote and this time take it in

My young kids were outside playing along with other kids & you cant care less

What kinda f*kin person are you ???

Is your head screwed on correctly ?????????

Your an @rse

Stephen
Old 01 June 2004, 01:14 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

r32 - no there wasnt a siren or lights or anything in front of them
They also know who the kids are as they have been to there doors often enough
May i also add that these kids stay about a mile away from my address so to be honest it doesnt affect me
What does affect me is my kids lives are in danger because of police officers not sticking to procedure
As i said before regardless if it was the police or not i would have still stopped them & told them to slow down
Old 01 June 2004, 01:16 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Also i am not interested in car tax dodgers so can we all stick to the thread

Thanks

Stephen
Old 01 June 2004, 01:16 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Write to the Chief Constable with a complaint, plus also your local council. It would have been hard to exceed 30mph over speed bumps, but it's likely they were either driving without due care or possibly dangerous driving depending on their distances from the kiddies. With unsupervised young kids playing in the street, only trickle speed + safe road positioning would have been suitable down a cul-de-sac with speed bumps. Did you get a reg number? Did they have blues & twos? Do you have witnesses? Were the kids playing ball games (even more dangerous)?
Old 01 June 2004, 01:21 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

the engine was very high revving in 2nd gear tells me its above 40mph (quote me if i am wrong) also its high speed bump (traffic calming) bits of road so that speed is achievable & its a 20mph speed limit
Kids can be unsupervised as the play park is directly across the road & its the centre of the cul de sac
Seven witness's also to back up my claims
All will be coming with me tonight to make a Formal Complaint
Old 01 June 2004, 01:23 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Also no ball games as they have all been warned not to play to close to the scoob
Old 01 June 2004, 01:28 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

YOU COULDNT CARE LESS !!!

what kinda comment is that

PLEASE read AGAIN what i wrote and this time take it in

My young kids were outside playing along with other kids & you cant care less

What kinda f*kin person are you ???

Is your head screwed on correctly ?????????

Your an @rse

Stephen
I refer the Honary member to my earlier post, in which I had already pointed out that noone had a higher opinion of the poster to which you are referring than me (and I thought he was a TW*T).

I thankyou

Last edited by ||VaNDaL||; 01 June 2004 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Problem with police