Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

golf...dangerous?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2004, 08:54 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink golf...dangerous?

yep! got smacked in the chest today by a rapidly moving ball, didn't hurt when it happened but hurts like **** now

minding me own business walking back to the next tee in our group when wallop, shout of fore followed by thud, with me like a **** saying ' what was that?' it's a golf course, what the **** else is it gonna be other than a ball?

anyway, thought i'd give someone a laugh while i'm probably sitting here with cracked ribs
Old 29 May 2004, 09:02 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
yep! got smacked in the chest today by a rapidly moving ball, didn't hurt when it happened but hurts like **** now

minding me own business walking back to the next tee in our group when wallop, shout of fore followed by thud, with me like a **** saying ' what was that?' it's a golf course, what the **** else is it gonna be other than a ball?

anyway, thought i'd give someone a laugh while i'm probably sitting here with cracked ribs
ouch, at least he shouted fore. couple of weeks back 3 of us finishing off a hole, all 3 feet from the pin, when all of a sudden SMACK ball landed in the middle of all 3 of us, bounced and shot past about a foot away from my head, came from the next tee. No shout, fellas got a right mouthful when they came down

hope it isnt that serious
Old 29 May 2004, 09:09 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
ouch, at least he shouted fore. couple of weeks back 3 of us finishing off a hole, all 3 feet from the pin, when all of a sudden SMACK ball landed in the middle of all 3 of us, bounced and shot past about a foot away from my head, came from the next tee. No shout, fellas got a right mouthful when they came down

hope it isnt that serious
don't blame you for having a pop, that's a bit out of order.

that's the bit that shakes me up though, if the guy had hit it a bit better()it would have hit me in the head! it was a club comp and we all know each other and they guy who hit me couldn't have appoligised any more but he plays off 4 or 5 so should have at least known better to have waited a bit longer(or at least hit it straighter), it was a slow day and there was no hurry.

there you go though, no major damge done (i hope!)
Old 29 May 2004, 10:46 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I hit a guy on the shin one day - 280 yard drive and it hit hime before it bounced. I felt bad for ......... seconds. Got hit on the head once meself - **** does that hurt - think of the sorest thing you can - think ten times sorer, think about what you would imagine the soreness would be if someone was murdering you by nailing rusty nails into you with a pound of warm butter - think sorer still. None of this even compares
Old 29 May 2004, 11:02 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I hit a guy on the shin one day - 280 yard drive and it hit hime before it bounced. I felt bad for ......... seconds. Got hit on the head once meself - **** does that hurt - think of the sorest thing you can - think ten times sorer, think about what you would imagine the soreness would be if someone was murdering you by nailing rusty nails into you with a pound of warm butter - think sorer still. None of this even compares
you hit 280 carry into some guys shin **** me fella, tigers got nothing on you

getting cracked on the head must have hurt like buggery! ouch.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:02 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by hoskib
you hit 280 carry into some guys shin **** me fella, tigers got nothing on you

getting cracked on the head must have hurt like buggery! ouch.

Wind behind - Anyone who has played Cairndhu will tell you that the wind can make a fair difference - 2nd hole is about 140 yards - usually into a headwind- good players have been know to take a drive and a 5 iron. 18th is 340, wind usually behind. I have carried over the green twice, (Makes a great clubhouse story) although drive, 6 iron, pitching wedge, putter, sand wedge, sand wedge, putter, putter, putter would be the more normal sequence of shots.
Old 31 May 2004, 10:06 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Many years ago someone I knew at school was killed after being hit on the head by a golf ball
Old 31 May 2004, 01:53 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Wind behind - Anyone who has played Cairndhu will tell you that the wind can make a fair difference - 2nd hole is about 140 yards - usually into a headwind- good players have been know to take a drive and a 5 iron. 18th is 340, wind usually behind. I have carried over the green twice, (Makes a great clubhouse story) although drive, 6 iron, pitching wedge, putter, sand wedge, sand wedge, putter, putter, putter would be the more normal sequence of shots.
where is Cairndhu mate? sounds a bit foreign

seems we play on similar courses, ours is a links style at what must be the top of the world coz it's always bloody windy! we get wind off the river thames estuary(?) which is REALLY cold in the winter and then the wind is always changing direction.
our 17th is a little par3 about 140 yards, some days i'll hit a gap wedge and other days i don't even reach with a 3 iron it can be a right git