Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dumbass (or cheapass) road-resurfacing.

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2004, 08:31 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbass (or cheapass) road-resurfacing.

I am SO gutted.

I recently had the whole of the front of my car resprayed, it was immaculate. I've driven 1000 miles (non-commuting, weekend car) and been careful on not tailgating etc, no stonechips - looked great!

On the way home tonight one road had been resurfaced by what can only be described as throwing tar and the road and then sprinkling VERY sharp shards of gravel over it. Obviously it was covered in chips.

I proceeded at around 10mph, and every time traffic came the other way i stopped. A van tried to overtake me (i'd seen him do it to a car a fair way back showering them), causing me to have to swerve to take up all the road.

Anyway i get home and 3 chips on the bonnet and 1 on the bumper.

Do you think there is anyway I can get compensation. Its not just like getting everyday chips, i can't believe they stuck this **** down on the road!!!
Old 28 May 2004, 09:04 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

They do that "resurfacing" trick round here too. Not only does it cause damage, its dangerous to drivers and pedestrians and its completely ineffectual because the diffs of trucks and buses turning on/off the road tears up the surface literally in days

I doubt you would get anywhere with a claim unfortunately, but it may be worth a try just to wind them up and waste the beaurocrats' time if nothing else!
Old 29 May 2004, 12:36 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

if they did that on my street it would be a 2am trip out with a big brush! cheap *******s ruining decent cars!