Default New Mobile Long-Range Speed Camera

anyone heard about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...et/3748959.stm

will my road angel pick it up?
Old 26 May 2004, 03:37 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

******* they'll never give up while there's money to be earned...... reducing casualties my ar$e wonder what the statistics are for deaths on the road cause by excessive speeding as opposed to everything else........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

drunk drivers who kill wont slow down for a fookin speed camera, or car thieves???
Old 26 May 2004, 03:45 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

How easy will that thing be to aim???
Old 26 May 2004, 04:16 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Group buy on LRC's anyone?
Old 26 May 2004, 04:19 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Scarey,

road angel wont really pick them up (if they do its too late).
the only real defense you have against this is a LRC100 laser jammer (or drive slowly everywhere).

I just got mine this week and just need to install it.

there is a group buy on at the moment (£265 in the group buy section under "B2 Origin").

Last edited by FrenchBoy; 26 May 2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:23 PM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

getting realy fed up with this ****. The most dangerous drivers on our roads today are NOT people who speed. Its the stupid ****** who drive in and out of traffic and drive in a dangerouse manner.

Speeding in itself IS NOT dangerouse if its done in the correct place, how the f**k is driving down the motorway on a clear dry day with no traffic at 95 dangerous ?

Also my big gripe is that the cameras don't take into account the weather conditions, camera is set to 40 so on a icy winters day I can drive past (backwards if i want) at 45 and not get a ticket.

[/ rant on]

I have already made my mind up to vote for whoever is going to get rid of the cameras (or reduce them) couldn't give a crap about Iraq, Europe or anything else SPEED CAMERAS are at thetop of my agenda.

Roll on whoever is going to do something, don't care if its the Cons, Greens, Lib, or Lab. I'm voting for myself this time and F**K the rest of you.

[/rant off]

ooooooh i do feel better thanks.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:27 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

Tchort,

is this cos u got caught at 104mph on the M40 4 hours after you picked up your P1???!!!

Old 26 May 2004, 04:28 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

sits back, relaxes with a knowing smile that my lrc100 is fited and tested .

Just a bit concerned abou being made an example of if your caught using one agaisnt a copper with one of these things.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:34 PM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scarey
Tchort,

is this cos u got caught at 104mph on the M40 4 hours after you picked up your P1???!!!

nothing to do with it, not realy, well possibly a bit.

It was 103 and how was I to know how fast the bloody thing was, I had only just got it.

Like the idea of a jammer though, they may make an example of you but it would only be a fine, and theres no way the fine will add up to the cost of 3 years extra insurance
Old 26 May 2004, 04:37 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

I have already made my mind up to vote for whoever is going to get rid of the cameras (or reduce them) couldn't give a crap about Iraq, Europe or anything else SPEED CAMERAS are at thetop of my agenda.

Roll on whoever is going to do something, don't care if its the Cons, Greens, Lib, or Lab. I'm voting for myself this time and F**K the rest of you.

I think you will find that it does not matter who you vote for. My opinion about all politicians is low and I have never bothered voting for any, as I cannot see any real difference between the main parties.

I know Tories have promised some rubbish about a review of speed cameras if they get in, but I am pretty sure that the results of that review will mean no change.
Old 26 May 2004, 04:52 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

i saw these cameras in the sun pick you up a mile away, also says they dont have to give out a warning sign to let you know there about.also they take a crystal clear pic of your face so you cant deny it was you driving (simple everyone wear a mask )

whats with the safety camera teams if they are here for safety reasons why are they always parked up in the hardest place to see them, was in my lorry (7.5t) coming over a hill in a 40 i was doing 45 he was there on the brow of the hill not a chance of slowing down.

isnt there a law stating you have to be able to see the police mobile units at least 200 yards away
Old 26 May 2004, 04:53 PM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by kob999

I think you will find that it does not matter who you vote for. My opinion about all politicians is low and I have never bothered voting for any, as I cannot see any real difference between the main parties.

you should vote so you can moan. either because who you voted for didn't get in and would have done a better job, or moan because you voted for them and have stitched you up by doing crap.

Either way once you have voted you can have a good grumble, makes me feel better anyhow.
Old 26 May 2004, 05:23 PM
John P
Scooby Regular

Tchort
sorry to ask, what was the outcome, I am waiting on a nips for 97 on M4 in Wales, also interseted in comment about vans being obvious from 200 yards, they did me hiding behing a huge Mway sign
Cheers
Old 26 May 2004, 05:32 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Thank F**K i got my LRC100 to rely on,haven't had it tested yet though.Money generating at it's finest.

GRRRRR-Could rant about these things all day,pi**es me off no end.

Mac
Old 26 May 2004, 05:34 PM
John P
Scooby Regular

Will the road angel pick up if you are caught going away from the speed camera?
Old 26 May 2004, 06:22 PM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John P
Tchort
sorry to ask, what was the outcome, I am waiting on a nips for 97 on M4 in Wales, also interseted in comment about vans being obvious from 200 yards, they did me hiding behing a huge Mway sign
Cheers

not got the summons yet. Looking at 6 points and 300 quid fine at the least. could be upto a 6 month ban.

Not looking forward to the ban cos me misses will drive the car and her last comment of "it suddenly stops pulling at 8,000" had my mouth drop open.

at 97 I should think you would get 6 points and a fine, they could ban you but I doubt it (unless its on totting up)
Old 26 May 2004, 07:05 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

The answer to Hawkeye's question as to the stats is that about 3 percent of accidents happen at speeds in excess of the speed limit. Clearly these are the only type of accident that a speed camera could possibly claim to reduce. The Chief Constable of Durham also pointed out that in almost all of the cases in that 3 percent there were other factors that would have made a camera of little value such as the car being stolen, the driver drunk etc.

In terms of the actual figures about the same number of people (just over 140) die, in the UK, each year in accidents while putting on their trousers as are killed in road accidents involving speeds greater than the speed limit. As yet the government have not found a way to create a large number of high ranking Civil Service posts funded by people who happen to be putting on items of clothing and so they are going for the motorist.

In some counties in the UK as many as 50 percent of speeding fines generated by the cameras may be going unpaid, the scamers are keeping the actual figures very close to their chest. The new cameras that take a mug shot are clearly aimed at targeting this new revenue stream though, in truth, many of the vehicles involved in unpaid fines are un-registered, uninsured, un-taxed, un-tested and driven by people who may be un-licensed. It is you and I, the law abiding motorist, who already pays 36 billion per year and who is going to be made pay even more to cover up for all of this.

I would suggest, therefore, that you make your point on the doorstep in the run up to the elections. So far no party has actually moved on the camera issue. The Tories, who introduced the things remember, have thrown us a few crumbs to get some news coverage but the changes they propose are not to our advantage at all. The current government have also proposed some changes which are equally useless and they seem intent on victimising the motorist at every opportunity. They fact is they want more cameras, working at longer ranges, more easily hidden, able to print tickets faster and more accurate so they can do you for 30.5 rather that 35 as is the case at present.

Fight them all the way as this persecution is being driven hard by many, including the Greens, and if they see one ***** in the motorists armour they will have us all off the road in the blink of an eye.
Old 26 May 2004, 07:28 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Not looking forward to the ban cos me misses will drive the car and her last comment of "it suddenly stops pulling at 8,000" had my mouth drop open.
You'd best go buy her a S2000, RX8 or 360CS then
Old 26 May 2004, 10:10 PM
Rarinrob
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by scarey
anyone heard about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...et/3748959.stm

will my road angel pick it up?
To answer the original question, yes, your Road Angel will detect it. Well, according to the blurb on their website it will. It says it works for up to 2km ahead (or behind). I presume you've got the laser alert thingummy too? But I also agree that it will probably be too late by the time you're alerted.

I had to laugh (cry) when I saw that story. I live near Bournemouth and know how fake the whole Dorset camera scheme is. I mean: "We know that some members of the public race towards cameras and then brake hard as they pass and speed up again after the cameras. This new technology will assist the partnership in stopping this very dangerous practice"

Yeah, mate, and it'll do an even better job of filling your coffers. What good is an invisible (and it will be, until you're virtually upon it, by which time it's too late) 'deterrent'?

I have a Road Angel but it gets set off by those TrafficMaster IR beacons that are all over the place. I see there's a brand new model that's just been launched, although it's a hefty price.
Old 26 May 2004, 10:17 PM
Rarinrob
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Originally Posted by Tchort
not got the summons yet. Looking at 6 points and 300 quid fine at the least. could be upto a 6 month ban.

at 97 I should think you would get 6 points and a fine, they could ban you but I doubt it (unless its on totting up)
Well I was done for doing exactly the same speed on a dual carriageway in Dorset last summer and only got 3 points and the usual £60 fine. One of those mobile beasts...
Old 26 May 2004, 10:20 PM
stijohnny
Scooby Regular

Someone points one of those at me and I will point one of these at them..
http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/

Last edited by stijohnny; 26 May 2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 26 May 2004, 10:25 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by pbee
sits back, relaxes with a knowing smile that my lrc100 is fited and tested .

Just a bit concerned abou being made an example of if your caught using one agaisnt a copper with one of these things.

How do you know it works

only asking cos i think i might be investing in one soon but what happens if ur caught with it?? Can u switch it on and off or ???????????????
can someone point me to a web site pls for more info
Old 26 May 2004, 10:35 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Daz,
I've got a group buy running at the moment. £265 all in. Go on, treat yourself!

Jason
Old 27 May 2004, 01:25 AM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

how easy are they to fit? and would a garage refuse to fit them due to the legal grey area.
Old 27 May 2004, 01:38 AM
allywrx
Scooby Regular

We know that some members of the public race towards cameras and then brake hard as they pass and speed up again after the cameras.

Surely not
This guy is truly on the ball
Old 27 May 2004, 02:03 AM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tchort
how easy are they to fit? and would a garage refuse to fit them due to the legal grey area.
Straightforward to fit and a garage wouldn't have any issues with fitting one.

Jason
Old 27 May 2004, 10:08 AM
scarey
Scooby Regular

Talking

group buy on the cruise missile?
Old 27 May 2004, 12:15 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Cruise missile might be a bit excessive : I'm waiting for Morette to do a headlight conversion that flips down revealing two fixed forward firing 30mm cannons. Hopefully depleted uranium will seriously affect the cameras range