FAO ScoobyJawa

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2004, 10:36 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FAO ScoobyJawa

Hi Mate

Thanks for all the info. you gave us on the Aldi PDA / POI thread, i've got a few questions..................or indeed if anyone can answer them i'd be grateful.

I downloaded the POI-Warner MN Edition last night (29.90 euros). I then downloaded the POI-Warner camera locations (freebee) from the gps site that you directed me to. Of course these were in Tom Tom format so then downloaded the converter programme to change the Tom Tom files to ASCII files.

I carried out the above with difficulty but eventually it worked. I converted the files and synced them to my PDA. I've found that the gatsos are only shown if you access the POI-Warner icon in programs but thay aren't shown if you access through Medion Navigator, is that right?

The other thing i struggled with is the Outlook 2002 edition which i installed on my PC. It wont work when you press send/receive, it just says there was a problem and it couldn't carry out the operation. Do i have to set the whole dial-up, password thing again. I just thought it would get that info from the superceded Outlook programme?

Help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Pete
Old 26 May 2004, 11:40 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hello mate,

Yeah - you won't get the POI's if you just run the Navigator as you need the other program running to overlay them on the map.
So from now on you need to access Medion Navigator by firing up POI Warner, and then clicking Start Monitoring.

Not sure re the outlook issue, I loaded up the version that came with it, input whatever required and it works fine.....

Cheers
Neil
Old 26 May 2004, 12:43 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Neil

Thanks for that mate, at least i know i got something right after 4 hrs in front of the PC.

So where can i go to get these freebees and what can i get to show up. Can i run multiple overlays at the same time for eg...gatsos and McDonalds (the two most important POI's when driving)

What else can i do with the PDA. I have to say i'm well pleased with it, i just need to suss the e-mail out now and i'm done. £270.00.......a bloody bargain

Pete
Old 26 May 2004, 01:03 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

Buzzer,
PM scooby-doo, he's the other chap who brought the Medion, he's already sorted e-mail

me im fooking clueless with a pc, so i've had to get a mate to sort mine out
Old 26 May 2004, 02:38 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Pete - theres a load more free POI downloads on the Pocket GPS site, you convert them from Tom Tom like the gatso one and input.

You can select it to show many or few as you like, with audible warnings you can change if you want for different ones.

I've currently got (aside from what came in the Medion Navigator), Hungry Horse Pubs, KFC's, TravelInn, UCI's, UGC, Odeon etc etc
Old 26 May 2004, 02:54 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Daz

Will do mate

Neil,

thanks mate i shall trawl through it tonight and get some
Old 26 May 2004, 03:17 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Buzzer
Neil,

thanks mate i shall trawl through it tonight and get some
See here:

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/tomtompoi.php

Scroll down - UK at the bottom

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2004, 05:50 PM
V5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Man, this is just too GEEKY for words!!

Old 26 May 2004, 09:09 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

PMSL @ V5

Now i've read it back to myself, your right mate WAY to geeky

Just for your info i'm fick but i bought a PDA thingy (hand held computer thing). It has GPS so it does SatNav aswell The programme doesn't show Gatso sites (which can be downloaded) and these can be put in the hand held thingy so that the satnav shows them. The problem was that the programme that shows the gatsos is written in a different language to that which the "thingy" cant read. So i then had to download a converter programme to change the programme into one that the thingy can read.........hence 4 hours trying to do it

I think
Old 26 May 2004, 10:30 PM
V5
Scooby Regular

Buzzer, I was just taking the P! For my sins (ie marrying his sister ) I know SJ fairly well....and it was directed at him.

And was ever so tongue in cheek cos I went to the last PocketGPS meet!! Oh, and the only reason I don't have full GPS capability for my iPAQ 2210 is lack of funds, not lack of interest!

Iain
Old 26 May 2004, 11:48 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Its moments like these Iain, i wish Scoobynet had a :twak: smilie

You are by far the more geeky for going to a PDA meet
Old 27 May 2004, 10:13 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pocket GPS meet

**** mate i wouldn't of admitted to that. Does everbody sit round a table and say to each other " Hey i'm sat at 27465758373 deg longitude, 290485756748 deg latitude"

Exciting

<'ll get me coat>

Old 27 May 2004, 10:36 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

LMFAO @ Pete
Old 29 May 2004, 05:29 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Neil

I downloaded the POI's for a few things from the pocketgps site. I then converted them with the Tom Tom to ASCII converter and put them in the POI Warner folder on my pc. I had active sync on all the time but they dont appear to have synced to my PDA. The gatsos are there but not my new POI's. What have i done wrong