Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

WTF are these stupid plastic flags everywhere on cars?

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2004, 08:36 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF are these stupid plastic flags everywhere on cars?

Is it so you can spot the chav-mobiles easier ??
Old 26 May 2004, 08:45 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

I believe its something to do with Englands impending disaster at Euro 2004!
Old 26 May 2004, 08:49 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Indeed it's a case of them wearing their tribal markings so you can tell who the low lives are.
Old 26 May 2004, 08:52 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Talking LOL!!!

Originally Posted by NACRO
Indeed it's a case of them wearing their tribal markings so you can tell who the low lives are.
I have been berated at work for suggesting this!!!
CHav ID for sure!!!

Mossman
Old 26 May 2004, 08:52 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

to be fair most of them are on mum's cars, for when they are ferrying their lil kiddies to and from schools.

nothing wrong with a little support for england in euro 2004 is there?

albeit I do not have one on my car :P I will support in my own way.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:21 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Chav mums then, with a load of little b*****d chav kids riding in the back of their oversized MPV's.

When they fail the moose test and the little ones are in hospital do you think they'll wish they'd stuck with the Ford Fiesta?
Old 26 May 2004, 09:25 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Chav mums then, with a load of little b*****d chav kids riding in the back of their oversized MPV's.

When they fail the moose test and the little ones are in hospital do you think they'll wish they'd stuck with the Ford Fiesta?
Blimey, someone's a little venomous this morning - Not get any last night ?

'And then, this woman came up to me in her MPV with her England flag, so I said........WHATEVER' (all in a japanese accent )

Matt

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2004, 09:26 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

The flags just indicate support for England's football team and the associated hobbies of lager drinking and pack based violence.

Here's hoping we get turfed out at the first available opportunity!!
Old 26 May 2004, 09:33 AM
NACRO
BANNED

quote : "Blimey, someone's a little venomous this morning - Not get any last night ? "

I'm a lot venomous all the time.

I got some this morning, thanks for asking.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:38 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

I got some this morning, thanks for asking.
No no no, you mistake me for someone who gives a sh*t - I was just curious as to the reason why a grown individual can get so bent out of shape about something that doesn't matter, I mean.....

You've got a serious problem somewhere mate, dropped as a baby ? Picked on at school ? I don't know, but even after getting some this morning, you're still so twisted ?

Nowt as queer as folk I spose.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:44 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

I've been driving around with a german one stuck out the side of the BM. Never realised what a friendly place northampton****e is - everyone seems to be waving at me or offering me a coffee.......

Old 26 May 2004, 09:46 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
The flags just indicate support for England's football team and the associated hobbies of lager drinking and pack based violence.

Here's hoping we get turfed out at the first available opportunity!!
just out of interest did everyone feel this way during the rugby world cup, there were flags then but I do not remember this type of hostility.

Not all people that support england and drink lager, are out for trouble.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:51 AM
NACRO
BANNED

quote : "No no no, you mistake me for someone who gives a sh*t - I was just curious as to the reason why a grown individual can get so bent out of shape about something that doesn't matter, I mean....."

For fun, to elicite the kind of response I got from you, to foment debate, cause chaos and generally p*ss in the paddling pool.

If you think for one minute that quote was serious then you are the one who needs a head examination.
Old 26 May 2004, 10:01 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Old 26 May 2004, 10:23 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
just out of interest did everyone feel this way during the rugby world cup, there were flags then but I do not remember this type of hostility.
No, but then again rugby fans don't go around wreaking havoc in every corner of the planet that their team end up playing in.

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Not all people that support england and drink lager, are out for trouble.
Agreed, but there are more than enough of them who do and because of this to many (especially people of other nations) that is what the flag stands for in this context.

There are enough reasons to hate being English without having football and its associated hooligan element adding to them.

Maybe if the English football 'fans' learnt to accept the team is crap and to stop treating the game as if it was a religion they might have less of a problem.

It would also be nice for the rest of us to be able to go through life without having football flung in our faces from every corner - TV, papers, pubs and bars, stupid flags in the backs of cars....

tiggers.
Old 26 May 2004, 10:30 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
No, but then again rugby fans don't go around wreaking havoc in every corner of the planet that their team end up playing in.

Agreed, but there are more than enough of them who do and because of this to many (especially people of other nations) that is what the flag stands for in this context.

There are enough reasons to hate being English without having football and its associated hooligan element adding to them.

Maybe if the English football 'fans' learnt to accept the team is crap and to stop treating the game as if it was a religion they might have less of a problem.

It would also be nice for the rest of us to be able to go through life without having football flung in our faces from every corner - TV, papers, pubs and bars, stupid flags in the backs of cars....

tiggers.

fair enough. It would be a boring world if we all liked and disliked the same things
Old 26 May 2004, 10:31 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Its a cunning ploy by the Petrol/ Oil Companies to make us forget about fuel increases.... "Of course the increase is very small, you are all using far more petrol by flying all those flags on your cars, its raises the drag coefficient"
Old 26 May 2004, 10:33 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Is that not the flag coefficient you mean?

Sorry
Old 26 May 2004, 12:59 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Angry It's the I hate football crowd again...........

<<<<RANT ON >>>>>>

Oi.... u lot, were not all lager drinking, violence seeking hooligan's you know
some of us actually enjoy football, i was brought up on the game, by my dad, and 99% of mine & my wifes family are supporters of (FOREST) the game, there isn't a day goes by without my lad putting sky sports on so he can watch whatever game is on at the time regardless of who it is.

So don't tar me with that brush, and yes i'll be the first to admit there are a few that only go to cause trouble, but the majority of people actually go to watch the game.

<<<<RANT OFF>>>>>>

And yes i have 2 flags on the wife's car ok, and i for one am not expecting England to do well, but here's hoping, but every match will be seen on my telly anyway
Old 26 May 2004, 01:05 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
<<<<RANT ON >>>>>>

Oi.... u lot, were not all lager drinking, violence seeking hooligan's you know
some of us actually enjoy football, i was brought up on the game, by my dad, and 99% of mine & my wifes family are supporters of (FOREST) the game, there isn't a day goes by without my lad putting sky sports on so he can watch whatever game is on at the time regardless of who it is.

So don't tar me with that brush, and yes i'll be the first to admit there are a few that only go to cause trouble, but the majority of people actually go to watch the game.

<<<<RANT OFF>>>>>>

And yes i have 2 flags on the wife's car ok, and i for one am not expecting England to do well, but here's hoping, but every match will be seen on my
telly anyway
LOL Dazza,

just to keep u amused, one of our regular lorry drivers is a Forest fan, he's now banned as he quite mistakenly, knocked out the chief steward in the 'nutters home stand' and has to go to the matches in disguise!
Old 26 May 2004, 01:08 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RichWalk
LOL Dazza,

just to keep u amused, one of our regular lorry drivers is a Forest fan, he's now banned as he quite mistakenly, knocked out the chief steward in the 'nutters home stand' and has to go to the matches in disguise!

Accidents will happen
Old 26 May 2004, 01:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Whilst i will not fit one to my car i will/do have a discreet cross of St George in the back window.

I for one hope England do do well in Euro 2004.

As for it being a Chavs thing i have seen a few flags on the school run mobiles as well.
Old 26 May 2004, 01:15 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Whilst i will not fit one to my car i will/do have a discreet cross of St George in the back window.

I for one hope England do do well in Euro 2004.

As for it being a Chavs thing i have seen a few flags on the school run mobiles as well.
Footballers Wives? They are as Chav as their hubbies
Old 26 May 2004, 01:17 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

UB
Does this mean they are Chavettes then, Maybe this is the correct term for a female Chav?
Old 26 May 2004, 02:12 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
UB
Does this mean they are Chavettes then, Maybe this is the correct term for a female Chav?
Chavettes wasn't that made by Vauxhall

p.s C'mon England
Old 26 May 2004, 02:47 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Having seen any cars with flags in Wales for some reason

Chip.
Old 26 May 2004, 07:36 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichWalk
LOL Dazza,

I think that proves my point rather nicely.

Firstly 'mistakenly knocked out the chief steward' - pull the other one.

Secondly - let's all have a laugh about someone getting knocked out as it's all part of the fun that is football

tiggers.
Old 26 May 2004, 07:47 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I think I am in danger of agreeing with tiggers!

For a so called "national sport" football, its players and its fans are hardly a glowing ambassador for the country. Apart from the shame they bestow upon us every time a footballer gets embroiled in tacky scandal or a yobbo fan glasses someone name any other sport where so much trouble is tolerated without draconian restrictions being put in place.

I am very patriotic and I always hope England do well in any sport, I just wish the people representing us... weren't!
Old 26 May 2004, 07:49 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

ajm,

It had to happen one day mate - law of averages and all that

Cheers,

tiggers.
Old 26 May 2004, 08:00 PM
Dapster
Scooby Regular

The sooner the refs are miked up the better - you can hear all (at least "most") of the conversation on a cricket or rugby pitch in an international but not in footie. The language so called professional footballers use is appalling, and the amount of backchat is a disgrace. Not just the England boys either.

In my local pub league, any backchat or swearing directly at the ref is an instant red. What happens between us and the Premiership then? Clear case of the players being larger than the game. Even in the uber ego world of F1 there is some semblance of regard for authority, so why can't there be any in International football?

As for the glorified, overpaid, world owes me a living, big girls handbag ponces falling over clutching thier shins when a bit of wayward bog roll hits them don't get me started......

Last edited by Dapster; 26 May 2004 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: WTF are these stupid plastic flags everywhere on cars?