just one small fact from Michael Moores new documentary

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2004, 07:29 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just one small fact from Michael Moores new documentary

According to a journalist who saw the screening at Cannes

The US shut down their airspace immediately after 9/11,for obvious reasons.Nothing was allowed in the air,internally,or elsewhere,it was a complete lockdown with full sat cover and military patrols.

But one plane flew.Not that unusual you ask,its a big country,and maybe there were emergency services that needed to fly,or maybe politicians,or diplomats,whatever,someone probably needed to get airbourne

so who was it? who managed to get airbourne with such tight security? Someone with FBI/CIA security clearance maybe?

well,it was all Osama Bin Ladens family.They were collected from around the States and then they left.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Whatever you think of Moore and his politics,or his film making ability,this surely is enough to make even the most loyal of Bush supporters spit in their moonshine.

I think the probability of this happening without high level authorisation is about the same as winning the lottery without buying a ticket.
Old 20 May 2004, 07:47 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Isn't there also some comment that Bush had a meeting with the Bin Laden family earlier that week, or possibly on 10th Sept.

I think this is in Mike's book, could be wrong though. I also think there is some mention that 9/11 was a result of the Bush family reneging on a deal made with the Bin Laden family and the BL's being a might annoyed with this and decided to teach bushy boy that they are not to be messed with. This could just be total conspirisy theory though
Old 20 May 2004, 08:14 PM
*Nick*
Scooby Newbie

Can't wait to see this.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/ for anyone interested.
Old 20 May 2004, 08:15 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

conspiracy theories have no impact when the truth is worse

OBLs close relatives were given a free goodbye ticket,from their friend,George Bush
Old 20 May 2004, 08:22 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Although MM poses some good points, he loses so much credibility by, unnecessarily, being selective in what he says in the name of entertainment. Is he an entertainer or political observer? If the latter, he needs to be more consistent, if the former then people have no choice but to take what he says with a pinch of salt. As a result of this, you have to investigate further to find the credibility of what he says.

An example of this highlighted by the LA times.
Moore implicitly condemns the US for giving the Taliban $345million in 2000/2001.
Fair enough you might think as that's all he states.
What he negleted to point out was that the money went through a food programme run by the UN to alleviate famine.

Mind you, at least with MM there's a chance of credibility unlike the bush/blair pairing.
Old 20 May 2004, 08:34 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

and you really think the Taliban actually spent the money on food?
Old 20 May 2004, 09:00 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Erm, check out my post, it went through the UN. Unless you suggest that the taliban got hold of the food and ate all of it

Regardless, Moore was challenged on this issue and pleaded comic licence.

Last edited by Dracoro; 20 May 2004 at 09:02 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 20 May 2004, 09:20 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

I read your post,but i still dont think the Taliban spent the money on food not all of it anyway,
Old 20 May 2004, 09:36 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can't wait for the film read his book , " dude where's my country "
Old 20 May 2004, 09:37 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

Bush also gave the Taliban $50M as part of the 'War on Drugs' - reward for destroying poppy fields. I'm sure they spent that money wisely.

I CANNOT believe how little stick Bush gets for the plane full of Saudis that was allowed to fly around the country (IIRC it stopped in Texas, Kentucky, Florida, Boston and then left the country) after 9/11.
Old 20 May 2004, 09:38 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Bush spent 42% of of last year (i think its last year) on holiday,the lazy ****
Old 20 May 2004, 09:44 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

I may be sticking my neck out here, but hasn't OBL been ostracized from his family? i.e. they don't agree with his beliefs and do not like Al-Quaida. Therefore could Bush merely have been protecting them from inevitable reprisals from rednecks thinking that anyone with that surname must have been involved even though they had nothing to do with the attack

Like I say from what I have seen the BL family say about Osama, they are not his friend.
Old 20 May 2004, 09:59 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

MM spins stuff more than the people he attacks- wouldnt watch any of his stuff having seen Bowling for Col.
Old 20 May 2004, 10:20 PM
bigJoe
Scooby Regular

OK, A "journalist" makes a "statement" about a (fictional???) "film" produced by a nutty left wing self publicist and it’s posted here as a "fact"

The only fact is…………….very few people actually know what (if anything) happened and why

Newsflash - I heard the plane (a hypersonic mega stealth flown by the CIA) also picked up Elvis from the grassy knoll on the way

Old 20 May 2004, 10:32 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigJoe

Newsflash - I heard the plane (a hypersonic mega stealth flown by the CIA) also picked up Elvis from the grassy knoll on the way

It was just a regular plane. Nobody in the government denies that it happened, but AFAIK nobody has said who gave the flights the OK. Bush, Cheney, Rice and the Saudi Ambassador have all danced around the subject when asked about it.

All I know is I was stuck thousands of miles away from home after 9/11 because I wasn't allowed to fly. But if one of my siblings had been the organiser of the terrorist attack I would have been allowed to fly. Which fudging stinks, IMO.
Old 20 May 2004, 10:39 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gareth123
But if one of my siblings had been the organiser of the terrorist attack I would have been allowed to fly. Which fudging stinks, IMO.
Thats the thing though, if you were the sibling of the organiser you would be in need of protection as you hadn't done anything wrong but your surname had condemned you to death.
Old 20 May 2004, 10:48 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angrynorth
Thats the thing though, if you were the sibling of the organiser you would be in need of protection as you hadn't done anything wrong but your surname had condemned you to death.
What about all the non-Bin Laden Saudis that were also on that flight?
Old 20 May 2004, 10:54 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

This may come as a shock but not all Saudis are terrorists. They may have been high security diplomats, visiting royalty CIA agents in disguise anybody. I dislike Bush as much as the next man, but this point about flying some Saudis around - who WOULD be a target for some lowlife who thought that all islamic people are terrorists - makes no difference at all.
Old 20 May 2004, 11:01 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

Who said anything about all Saudis being terrorists? You justified the allowed flight on the grounds that it was not safe for a Bin Laden to be in the country. What about all the other Saudis on the flight? The not Bin Ladens.

Was it not safe for them to be here either? Why was only a tiny fraction of the Saudis in the US evacuated?

Why was a select group of Saudis allowed to fly when all the plebs like me were told we couldn't. What makes them so damn special?
Old 20 May 2004, 11:05 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Re read my post. These people may have been integral to the running of Saudi Arabia, they could have been Royalty/diplomats/VIP's of some sort. There are some important people out there who do need protection, heads of state and diplomats being high up that list.

Do you have a passenger list, maybe we can check how important these people are.
Old 20 May 2004, 11:14 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

Nah, they were a bunch of oil industry dudes who pulled some strings with Bush's dad to get out of the country quick, while the plebs were all grounded 'for safety'.

If they were here on vital Saudi government business why were a bunch picked up at the horses in Kentucky?
Old 20 May 2004, 11:17 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

If they were oil industry people then I hate to say it but oil is vital Saudi government business. Its also high up the list in US priorities.
Old 20 May 2004, 11:20 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

OK, A "journalist" makes a "statement" about a (fictional???) "film" produced by a nutty left wing self publicist and it’s posted here as a "fact
afaik,MM hasn't made this complicated,he has alleged that OBLs relatives were allowed to fly abroad when no one else was,and it has not been denied,and these are easy things to disprove,he must know the flight number and all other relevant details,so its safe to assume it happened

the conjecture isnt really as to whether it happened or not,the real issue is why,and not the bull**** about Saudis needing to go home for their safety,thats utter bollox,they fly immediately after 9/11,and at that point they had no idea who did it

mind you,US soldiers still think Iraq did it
Old 20 May 2004, 11:25 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

And the harm in them hanging around until September 15th to fly would have been what exactly? As far as I know not a single Arab (or Arab alike) was killed by the U.S. public after 9/11. A few turban wearing Pakistanis got beaten up but that's rednecks for you.

For me personally it stank. I could not fly. Yet a select bunch of Saudis could. Huh?

Would a bunch of BP/Shell European oil industry execs have been able to fly?
Old 21 May 2004, 07:48 AM
bigJoe
Scooby Regular

dba, Just because something has been alleged and not denied (by a government) doesn’t mean it actually happened – it just means they don’t want to talk about it for whatever reason. Of course there may well have been this plane flying around – but as to who was on it – that’s pure conjecture (at best) and lets face it, MM does seem to have an axe to grind

You are of course quite right – this plane isn’t the real issue here or even MM’s “film” – the real issue is the fact that four airliners were hijacked and used as guided missiles to attack innocent people living their lives just as we do

Gareth123 – It must have been a nightmare to be stuck somewhere after the 11 – but even grounding the mystery plane would (probably – of course – no evidence of this ) not have benefited you and the others who were grounded at the time as you still wouldn’t be flying – and I shouldn’t really have to tell you this but, sometimes life just isn’t fair

Old 21 May 2004, 10:04 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i hear Bush had his own helicopter that could fly after 9/11,,,and a big house for free...it all stinks if you ask me.

T

ps- MM should attacj the US fast food industry for making him look like a fat yank (maybe thats his next expose...Eating for Columbia)
Old 23 June 2004, 12:58 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Thought I would resurrect this thread after reading this piece this morning. Makes for very interesting reading.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
Old 23 June 2004, 01:32 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by angrynorth
Thought I would resurrect this thread after reading this piece this morning. Makes for very interesting reading.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
It does. WARNING: goes on for ages!
Old 23 June 2004, 01:36 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Forgot to mention that

Tis a bit long but its worth the read.
Old 23 June 2004, 01:39 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I find Mike Moore a bit tedious really. Forever publicising sensationalist claims without any critical analysis. Bowling for Columbine was such a sack of sh*t as a result. I for one would like to see a credible source (news major) confirm that a bunch of Saudi's were flying around US airspace when everything was grounded. (Hint : Michael Moore's website does not constitute a credible source).

Suresh

Quick Reply: just one small fact from Michael Moores new documentary