Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Impreza Chavs

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2004, 08:37 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Impreza Chavs

Is it just me, or are there more and more of the Max Power Carpark Chav Crew driving Imprezas? Combined with the drug dealer image does this spell the demise of a once respected car?
Old 19 May 2004, 08:44 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

oh jesus, not again
Old 19 May 2004, 08:45 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Talking

I would say its long gone !! Look at the Members Gallery (Member been the right word Id say) Chavtastic all over the place.

No problem with that personally. I just wouldnt buy a Subaru at the mo.
Old 19 May 2004, 08:56 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't buy a Subaru if I were small-dicked enough to be worried about what other people thought. They *do* have a pretty dire image amongst the Cecil Gee shopping brigade LOL
Cman
Old 19 May 2004, 10:16 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Old_Fart
I wouldn't buy a Subaru if I were small-dicked enough to be worried about what other people thought. They *do* have a pretty dire image amongst the Cecil Gee shopping brigade LOL
Cman
Ha ha! LOL.

Versace jeans spring to mind!!
Old 19 May 2004, 10:17 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Yes it's a chav car- I was unfortunate enough to be back in the UK for a few days and saw a bunch of what looked like council estate dwellers in their stickered up naff looking Impreza saloons at some kind of 'meet' in Essex (says it all really) Oddly enough quite a few of them were sporting scoobynet and SIDC stickers in their windows. The owners looked almost as poor as the cars in their Subaru branded polo shirts/cheap tattoos/gold/burberry clad girlfriends.

I'd like to qualify that with the caveat that there were a few nice looking wagons driven by professional looking ABC types- good work fellas, leave the neanderthal look to the horribly bespoilered brigade.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:22 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Wink

NARCO did you see any neon washer things or flamers? The reason I ask is I have been living in Tokyo for 3 years and these things werent about when I left so I have no idea how bad they really look!!

Trending Topics

Old 19 May 2004, 10:29 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Yep, the Scoob is now officially the new XR3i!
Old 19 May 2004, 10:30 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

No I didn't see any of that stuff as it was early in the morning- I'm sure some of the chav-tastic owners would have fitted some cool neons and a flamer though, they were those sort of people.

My bet is most of them were called wayne/dave or similar and that they had some form of 'hard' dog back in their council estate style 'executive' homes built on brown field land. Furthermore they probably had kids called Kylie or Chardonnay, read the tabloid press and do the lottery every week in a vain attempt to escape from the morass of mediocrity that is their lives..............the irony is if they did win it they'd still find life sucked because they would of course still be themselves.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:31 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

So am I now classed as a Chav for driving a Sonic Blue Impreza with gold wheels and scoobynet.co.uk in the rear side windows?

If so can someone tell me where to buy burberry seat covers?

I would say its more down to the cost of early cars being in the same price range as a Saxo etc. However, some will be well looked after examples that will weather the storm.

Happens to all good cars - 205GTI, Cossies and my Fav the GTIR - this one in particular has suffered but very good ones will be preserved by true enthusiasts just like the first two mentioned.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:34 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by letdown
NARCO did you see any neon washer things or flamers? The reason I ask is I have been living in Tokyo for 3 years and these things werent about when I left so I have no idea how bad they really look!!

here you go click here mate.

it should give you an idea.

jamo
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

too true, Edd. So rare to see a reasonably straight cossie these days, which is a great shame.
NACRO
BANNED

Of course the real point is that none of this matters as the car still provides a good compromise of performance/price.........................

Quick style tip though- ditch the gold alloys, big spoiler and stickers if you don't want people to point and laugh as you drive by- especially if you are over 30 and have no hair/massive belly.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:35 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

eh nacro - How did you escape
Old 19 May 2004, 10:36 AM
marky1
Scooby Regular

It's the stickers that do it, just so chavisitic. (and they look bent IMHO)

Mark
Old 19 May 2004, 10:37 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Escape? I talked to a few of the owners, some very briefly as they seemed only to have one topic of conversation, delivered in a monotone as drab as their existance- namely Imprezas.

There were a few bright sparks but as I mentioned they were all driving wagons.......
Old 19 May 2004, 10:46 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by NACRO
Quick style tip though- ditch the gold alloys, big spoiler and stickers if you don't want people to point and laugh as you drive by- especially if you are over 30 and have no hair/massive belly.
Has the sun gone to your head? Using the word "style" when referring to Imprezas?
Old 19 May 2004, 10:54 AM
NACRO
BANNED

You know he has a point............but consider this if you are effortlessly stylish (like me) then some of the kudos carries over to your car.

Point in fact, 3 friends and I exit knackered looking 2CV and straight into club looking very stylish indeed. Contrast that to the scene I witnessed that Sunday morning of some overweight blubber boy hauling his *** out of his Imprezas buckets while sweating a river. Lovely.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:57 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marky1
It's the stickers that do it, just so chavisitic. (and they look bent IMHO)

Mark
like to see you say that to scoobchrissy.

a chav couldnt afford that car.

moron.

jamo
Old 19 May 2004, 11:06 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I saw a chap driving his silver jap import WRX the other day wearing a Burbury baseball cap.

I was gutted

Steve
Old 19 May 2004, 11:08 AM
NACRO
BANNED

quote: "a chav couldnt afford that car."

Chav-ism has nothing to do with money- I know some fantastically chavistic scum who seem to have plenty of cash, after all there were a few new blobeyes in evidence that sunny morning in Essex. Still some of them managed to chav them up with stickers and amusing rearranged letters on the back of their jap tinboxes.

Confucius says that the essence of Chav lies in the soul not the wallet.

Look at the Beckhams for evidence of this.
Old 19 May 2004, 11:26 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Nacro, could you define the difference between:
Chav vs Max Power vs WRC enthusiast?
Ta
Chuck
Old 19 May 2004, 11:35 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

The cars only an add on to an alleged life style.......... you either have style or you don't, those (Chav's/ Max Factor goons) who don't tend to make a real effort to look more ludicrous than you average M&S wearing Mondeo man.
Being an enthusiast dosent have an automatic style content attached to it, just means you like the product.
Old 19 May 2004, 11:46 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

I'm very confused as I'm driving a 22B (more wings and spoilers than most scoobs) and a 911. I've been known to get out of one and drive the other one directly afterwards, without a change of clothes inbetween. Perhaps a reversible burberry cap is in order
C
Old 19 May 2004, 12:09 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nacro mate - you're calling other people chavs, yet admitting you went to Essex on holiday. Dodgy ground, I'd say
Old 19 May 2004, 12:44 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

A Chav is somebody who cultivates a certain image and has developed behavioural characterisitcs not disimilar to a human version of Max Power - Much "Bling" must be in effect, a particular walk that would not look out of place if Mr Clease made a comeback and vocabulary somewhat removed from the queens english.

This "image" appears to work with either cars that have obviously had lots of money spent on them but only applies to certain taste or cars that really shouldn't have passed the last MOT but the owners appears game for a challenge.

I don't believe someone who drives a standard STI V5+ (big wing, gold alloys, STI stickers) is a Chav. Or that I, who drive a UK Impreza would like to own an STI V5+ or that I may indeed consider the STI look for my UK car (although I can see the Chav-ishness of it in a certain light as I should really buy an STI in the first place)

However, what am I to do. I've spent alot of cash on my Sonic Blue STI V5+ and now I must take the stickers off, swap the rear spoiler for a smaller one and put silver wheels on just so it blends in and looks less like the rally car it was derived from and looks more like the UK car I just sold to buy it to satisfy those who pin the dishonourable badge of "Chav" on me?

Piffle says I.

Last edited by EddScott; 19 May 2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 19 May 2004, 12:53 PM
NACRO
BANNED

In the interests of 'keeping it real'- I'd like to point out that I didn't go to Essex on hoilday- I merely drove through that sh*t hole on the way back from Stanstead to Brighton in my hire car. My last holiday was taken in the Reunion Isle- not a chav in sight, they can't spell it for a start which makes it slightly harder for them to book through whichever low rent high street outlet they prefer.

As for defining the difference between chavs/max power/rally enthusiasts, I really cannot be bothered to formulate anything. Sorry.

It's pretty clear that a 22B doesn't qualify for the chav/max power accolade though. Unless of course you've stickered it up and added neons etc.
Old 19 May 2004, 12:56 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

NACRO is a legend IMO

classic
Old 19 May 2004, 01:03 PM
Madjay2
Scooby Regular

i know a drug dealer who drives the nicest looking classic impreza i have ever seen, also wears burburry. disgusting.
Old 19 May 2004, 01:07 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Yeah whatever!!

I is no chav innit. Me beaaatch likz me Impreza even if yu duzni

Quick Reply: Impreza Chavs