Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Unbelievable - ITV2 - "Trisha" - whose your daddy?

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2004, 02:22 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable - ITV2 - "Trisha" - whose your daddy?

Just saw a bit of "Trisha" on ITV2 where some young lad found out on TV (following a DNA test) that his father wasn't his real father. Kid was in tears with his "family" around him.

Can't work out what is worse - ITV for putting such pap on TV and being so invasive or the stupid family who agreed to air their laundry on TV.

Only good thing was that it was the middle of the day and on ITV2 so probably only me watching
Old 12 May 2004, 02:47 PM
BumbleBee
Scooby Newbie

I saw the bit where the lad was crying his eyes out and huging his dad. Why would a mother want to tell her son in this way?

Telling an young lad his father is not his real father is shocking enough but to do on national TV!!

Is the mother paid to come onto to Trisha?
Old 12 May 2004, 02:59 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Personally I find Trisha addictive when I get the chance to watch mostly becuase I get so angry by the way she has this sh*tty "Holier than thou" attitude. Most episodes are invaribly a woman slagging a man off who obviously can't complete a coherent sentence let alone justify his actions on national TV or its some manky OAP who is being told off by the grandaughter for taking Es and clubbing till 6AM.

Or as in todays episode a bunch of Chavs arguing who is going to cop the CSA bill for the burbery wearing sprog. It is beyond me why families think its a good idea to sh*t on each other on national TV but I find it quite compelling viewing.
Old 12 May 2004, 04:20 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Chav family no doubt who couldnt afford to fund a dna test themselves - no one to blame but themselves. He must have beebn aware there was the possiblity of a neg result!
Old 12 May 2004, 05:41 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Ahh, Trisha, how I miss that show

Why do people do this? Publicity and quite possibly money. I would have thought some cash exchanged hands, plus it's a free DNA test innit. Plus, from what I can tell from what has been said, one of the areas of dispute was the CSA bill, so this would be a nice public show of who is the father and why 'he' should not have to cough up any cash.

The other fact is that it could be complete bollocks, they have been caught out before by people pretending to be in these types of situations just for publicity value, why? I dunno, some odd people out there.

Jerry Springer is the same, but then we are talking about thick yanks, who really just don't "get" the world in general, so it's normal to publicly humilate themselves in such a way.
Old 12 May 2004, 07:22 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Chavs getting a little emotional - really they are looking forward to their £50 payment for appearing on the show...
Old 12 May 2004, 08:51 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

I think those that appear on the show really believe Trasha cares.