Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Went to buy new headphones yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2004, 09:16 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to buy new headphones yesterday...

Went to buy new headphones yesterday after reading recent threads on HiFi kit. My HiFi isn't exactly modern and is in storage at the moment as i'm moving house in the near future, so recently i've been listening to music on my PC with £10.99 headphones.

After consulting What HiFi and having a look about on the net/ebay, i was after a pair of Grado headphones and possibly a nice headphone amp.

I found a nice pair of Grado SR-125's in AudioT which sounded lovely (albeit using about £3k's worth of Arcam to drive them) so i bought them.

Then decided a headphone amp would go nice with them so i bought a Musical Fidelity X-Cans V3.

Then I had a wander round town and couldn't help but feel it'd be a bit of a crime to plug that lot into my PC or my DVD player, so headed back to AudioT and bought a Cyrus 6 CD player.

The credit card was melting slightly at this point, so since i'd paid full price for everything else the nice fella chucked in a set of £120 Chord Chamelion interconnects to wire the CD/amp together with.

The total was a bit

But it sounds absolutely ******* amazing. The vocals of the singer from Evanescense are incredible through it. I'm now going to have to listen to all of my CDs again now as they sound very different (sh!tloads better!!) through a decent setup!
Old 09 May 2004, 09:24 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Nice choice
Old 09 May 2004, 09:41 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Ta, makes me feel better about blowing about a grand when i went out to buy headphones!