Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

a telephone call to brighten my Friday...

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2004, 03:04 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile a telephone call to brighten my Friday...

Just got of the phone with a helpdesk person. She was a very nice French lady with a very sexy voice and telephone manner.... I forgot what the problem was a few times...

OK so she may be a 15st spotty hag rather than the slim, beautiful brunet I was imagining, but it was still very nice. Got to call again in half an hour. Hope it's her again

Last edited by Nimbus; 16 April 2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 16 April 2004, 03:16 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nimbus
Just got of the phone with a helpdesk person. She was a very nice French lady with a very sexy voice and telephone manner.... I forgot what the problem was a few times...

OK so she may be a 15st spotty hag rather than the slim, beautiful brunet I was imagining, but it was still very nice. Got to call again in half an hour. Hope it's her again
Time for a loo break
Old 16 April 2004, 03:31 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

I used to work in a place that bought large numbers of Gateway PC's when they had their operation in Ireland.
You got a problem or a stupid delivery and you phone up for a real rant and find you're speaking to a lovley sounding, friendly young lady with an extremely sexy, lilting accent. Suddenly there's no rant involved...
Psychology at work me thinks...
Old 16 April 2004, 03:44 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Ha, got a name now..
Old 16 April 2004, 03:48 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

....are you single?
Old 16 April 2004, 03:56 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

No... but that doesn't mean I can’t fantasise once in a while...
Old 16 April 2004, 04:16 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
I used to work in a place that bought large numbers of Gateway PC's when they had their operation in Ireland.
You got a problem or a stupid delivery and you phone up for a real rant and find you're speaking to a lovley sounding, friendly young lady with an extremely sexy, lilting accent. Suddenly there's no rant involved...
Psychology at work me thinks...

Hank - We used to support the gateway support team in Galway - They all sound lovely..... until you meet them
Old 16 April 2004, 04:55 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

If you've got your eyes shut and are concentrating, sounding lovely is probably enough
Old 16 April 2004, 05:40 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Was on the phone to Dell Support yesterday for an hour, suffice to say that they've moved their support from Ireland to the Indian sub-continent where English is not the native language, so even if the lady on the end oused the khama sutra with her voice, I was getting frustrated with the language barrier and trying to explain that the modem they had supplied was completely fubared The amount of times I explained that I was looking at the Device Manager page and it was not listed I can't remember but frustration rising when "Please right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware etc"

Also, completely humourless whereas with the Irish lasses you could have a joke.

Just as an aside, I was ringing on behalf of a friend who has absolutely no PC nouse whatsoever and how they'd expect her to go into BIOS and re-seat PCi cards etc I don't know!! I told them to start with it was shagged and after an hour of buggering about, agreed that it probably was and would send an engineer today

Gah!!!
Old 18 April 2004, 12:39 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

When we used to fly to Cyprus or the Far or Middle East, we used to check with Geneva Volmet for the diversion weather reports enroute. Sometimes there used to be a girl with the most attractive continental voice reading the reports. Never knew what she looked like or her name, but you would always see the whole crew listening in.

Les