Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Euro car parks - parking ticket

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2004, 01:49 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro car parks - parking ticket

Never a dull moment in life is there ??!!

parked in the local retail park carpark where I have done for years and years, two hour max stay or so I thought ??!! it has been for as long as I have known anyway, came back to my car after 1 hour 40 minutes and found the dreaded plastic bag attatched to the windscreen !!

had a word with the parking attendant who said that it was now 1 hour 30 minutes max stay, and to be fair showed me the sign to advise such, seemingly it changed around a month ago to this shorter time !!!

said there was nothing he could do so drove away in a great mood ( !! ) and when I passed the local police headquarters on the way home decided to have a quick word with them on what the legal sitaution was with private car parking fines ??

turns out that these tickets have nothing to do with the police in anyway, they are a civil matter only, so its up to euro car parks to chase me for there fine.

what now ?? well normally I am the sort who just pays anything and just has a good moan about it afterwards !!! but feel nowadays I am paying enough in undue taxes, etc !! so anyone give any advice on whats likely to happen next if I ignore this parking fine notice??

it states on the ticket that if I payed in full within 14 days they will accept £15 as opposed to the usual £25 ( bargain time isnt it !!!! )

please advise ?? the best of it all, I had parked within this car park to go pay this months community charge amongst other things !!

life eh ?? does it get any better ??? ???!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 April 2004, 02:03 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Tell them to stick it up their asses, on second thoughts don't do that, just ignore it, they can't do anything.
Old 16 April 2004, 02:17 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Are you sure? Wouldn't we all park for free in private car parks if that was the case?
Old 16 April 2004, 02:28 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Well the only option they have is to take you to court, I don't believe they do it, even if they did you'd ask for evidence it was your car, a photo etc and deny you were there. I doubt it would even get that far.

See this thread here for more explantion- the law was quoted half way down

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=319668

The reason we don't all park in private car parks is wheel clamping.
Old 16 April 2004, 02:49 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Thanks " nacro " youv`e been very helpful !! almost feel life is almost worth living again !!!!!!

cheers,
john..
Old 16 April 2004, 02:50 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Glad to be of service, I'm not just here for the nasty things in life like a blocked drain...................................hehehehehe hehehehehe