Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

TREVELO CAMERAS

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 03:00 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TREVELO CAMERAS

Anyone now if all the trevelo digital cameras are working all the time or not? My snooper picked the camera up but i was going a little bit to quick to slow down for it!!
Old 13 April 2004, 03:53 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

IF it was a snooper Radar detector is woundn't pick it up, only the GPS type would pick it up, they are forward facing and work on induction loops in the road so you need to slow down well before them
Old 13 April 2004, 04:20 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

The snooper ive got is an s6 with gps and radar.Are the trevelos on all the time,or do they switch um on and off as they want? Ive got my warnings set to alert me at 300metres do u think this is enough distance for the trevelo cameras?
Old 13 April 2004, 04:33 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Im afraid that they do always work, but if it has only just been put up then you might be lucky in that it might not have been connected up yet. They had some in Rotherham and didnt actually get them up and running for the first 4 months!!!
Old 13 April 2004, 04:59 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Truvello speed cameras work by placing three pressure strips in the road.

on contact (pressure) on these strips, a speed is calculated, and if it above the trigger threshold the piccy is taken.

truvelo,s are normally forward facing, and have a purple filter on the flash, so as not to blind the driver.

they do not use radar or other systems, they are more of an active passive

deterrent

these are updated versions of the original system which used three cables spread and stapled accross the road, the way to get round those was to brake like f**k and hopefully rip the cable loose .. no chance these days...

Mart
Old 13 April 2004, 05:05 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

Surely you can adjust the Snooper for more warning ??
Old 13 April 2004, 05:43 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Yes snooper can b adjusted 4 more warning,but i just wondered how far in front of the camera it was b4 it started to pick you up? Dont you think these cameras r a bit unfair as they cant catch bikes speeding?
Old 13 April 2004, 07:13 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Prhaps ive missed the point....

what exactly are you trying to detect????

Truvelo,s do not use radar they are passive, ie they are activated by you driving over the trigger cables...

if your going for static cam location, and you cant spot one within 400 yds,
.................................................. .................................................. ........................

mart
Old 13 April 2004, 08:03 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

if your going for static cam location, and you cant spot one within 400 yds,
LOL then you have never driven the A45 around the Southam / Coventry area unless you know the stretch of road they you havent a chance as they are unsighted just after bends in the road, very difficult to spot,if you do spot them and are over the limit you have already been caught...

The GPS obviously knows the position of the camera so it pre warns you that one is coming up, he just needs to adjust it's sensitivity as the loops in the road can more or less be aywhere
Old 13 April 2004, 09:04 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

The one's that I have seen have been at least 15 /25 metres if not more,normally there is three painted lines a couple of metres after the induction loops to verify which car is faster if two cars happen to go over the line at the same time...

I'd expect at 70mph with the strips 3 metres in front of the camera it would be difficult to get a picture of the front of the car as 70mph is 30 ish metres a second....
Old 14 April 2004, 12:26 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

they are the same distance as gatsos ,even though the are activated by strips in the road in principal the camera photo is the same range(if you get my meaning).forward facing,and working all the time,i beleive they have digital photo capability,so don't run out off film,your S6 picked it up from the gps database,you got 250mtrs of warning at least.
Old 14 April 2004, 12:47 AM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Mat you been a bad lad
Old 14 April 2004, 12:56 AM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Truvello speed cameras work by placing three pressure strips in the road.

on contact (pressure) on these strips, a speed is calculated, and if it above the trigger threshold the piccy is taken.

truvelo,s are normally forward facing, and have a purple filter on the flash, so as not to blind the driver.

they do not use radar or other systems, they are more of an active passive

deterrent

these are updated versions of the original system which used three cables spread and stapled accross the road, the way to get round those was to brake like f**k and hopefully rip the cable loose .. no chance these days...

Mart
Not unless you drive a screwdriver and cut the Piezo pipes in the road near the camera so I have been told

SPEED MEASUREMENT
  • Speed measurement is carried out using two independent pairs of sub-surface piezo sensors.
  • Piezo-electric axle sensors allow speed measurement in tunnels, underpasses, close to bends and on bridges. No spurious speed readings possible.
  • Piezo sensors are visible in the photograph thus showing where the photo was taken.

PHOTOGRAPHIC OPTIONS

The versatile Truvelo Combi Smc camera system is approved for front and rear photography.

·Front photography provides:
  • A view of the driver.
  • The front licence plate in foreground of the photo.
  • Front axle & secondary check lines in the fore-ground.
  • Simple, and accurate secondary speed check.
REAR PHOTOGRAPHY

The Combi Smc is approved for two modes of rear photography, as well as front photography.

In both modes the first photograph is taken with the front wheels on the 1.8 metre line. The second photograph is taken either ½ sec later or 20 metres further on. The first photograph shows the speed and the millisecond time to 1.8 metres, and the second photograph the inter-photo time. This is expressed as either 500ms or seconds & milliseconds (e.g.1.390) depending on the photographic mode chosen.

Front or rear photography is a user-selectable option upon switch-on, to suit the site layout at each location.

This is like the same type that has been fitted on the A339 near Basingstoke

PERMANENT SITE - 12v Battery
  • Battery power allows camera site to be located in remote areas where provision of mains supply is prohibitively expensive.
  • One Battery Pack will activate flash for 800 photos.
  • Secure battery housing will hold up to 4 Truvelo Battery Packs for extended operation.

• SECONDARY SPEED CHECK
  • Check lines are painted on the road 1.8metres after the last sensor.
  • The tyre footprint will always fall within the 3 lines, giving a simple visual check for the VDU operator.
  • Where 2 vehicles appear side by side the offending vehicle is the one whose tyres fall within the lines.

ROAD WORKS
  • Piezo sensor speed measurement - very efficient in high volume traffic flows.
  • Ideal for fixed location roadwork's sites.
  • Secondary check easily identifies offending vehicle in multi-lane situations.
  • Single photo per offence doubles capture rate per film. (and halves film & processing costs).

Last edited by Huxley; 14 April 2004 at 12:58 AM.
Old 14 April 2004, 08:16 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Wink

jesus huxley,thats what u call an explanation.LOL.mac
Old 14 April 2004, 05:50 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

No problem

The scurge of the earth them things

As I say they only work if the pipes are not broken

And we think we have it bad over here, look at whats going over in the Netherlands

http://www.tuftufclub.com/english/index.htm
Old 14 April 2004, 06:06 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by mattsan
The snooper ive got is an s6 with gps and radar.Are the trevelos on all the time,or do they switch um on and off as they want? Ive got my warnings set to alert me at 300metres do u think this is enough distance for the trevelo cameras?
ive got my road pilot set to alert me 1 mile b4 i get to it....better to be safe than sorry i think.

BM
Old 14 April 2004, 06:23 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

BM,i tried putting my snooper at about a mile,but it was picking cameras up that wernt even on the road i was travelling on,and started doing mi head in after a bit!!
Old 14 April 2004, 08:06 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

EASY SOLUTION: Just stick to the speed limits
Old 14 April 2004, 08:33 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

no point as then they just lower them to restore the income from the camera's the madness will only stop when the limit is so low no vehicle can move but then they will do you for parking fines
Old 23 April 2004, 09:06 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattsan
BM,i tried putting my snooper at about a mile,but it was picking cameras up that wernt even on the road i was travelling on,and started doing mi head in after a bit!!
the database that the road pilots use is very advanced,and the gps side of stuff means that i dont get that happening because it knows exactly where you are and wot road you are on...

BM
Old 23 April 2004, 09:14 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

The s6-R can be set to 1000 mtrs,and that is from the camera,not the strips