Are you adopted.....

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2004, 03:00 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are you adopted.....

....or do you know anyone who is?

The government's trying to make it easier for biological parents and the children they gave up for adoption to get in touch. What do you think to this? Is it going to cause a lot of grief and heartache or is it a good opportunity for both parties to find out how things worked out?

I'm adopted and I can't remember when or how I was actually told but it was very early on and therefore never an issue.

I have no desire to find out who my biological parents are. Nothing personal but I believe my parents are the people who raised me and it's not something that bothers me. I'm not sure how I'd feel if they (blood parents) wanted to contact me though.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Kav
Old 08 April 2004, 03:25 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I'm adopted. I was told when I was extremely young in a really nice way, so it's always been "normal" for me.

It depends at what age the biological parents are allowed to go and search for their child. I do not really agree with it if the child is below 18 as life is confusing enough without having another set of parents to hassle you.

If my biological mother wished to track me down now (I'm 34), then that would be fine.

Steve.
Old 08 April 2004, 05:23 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I have no desire to find out who my biological parents are. Nothing personal but I believe my parents are the people who raised me and it's not something that bothers me
Spot on! Exactly how I feel!! Was told very early on about it and have no issues, something I very rarely think about to be honest, also something I am proud about. Too many people having dozens of kids and not thinking about it, our parents had to make a decision to adopt and had to go through a long vetting process to get there