Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Now we know.........it's not Labour wasting our road tax after all............

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2004, 08:21 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Now we know.........it's not Labour wasting our road tax after all............

............it's because too many people put in claims for injury caused by our awful roads, that there's no money left to mend the roads

Apparently, £750,000 of the £800,000 put aside by councils for road repairs, is swallowed up in compensation claims?

Well two points occur to me here:
1. why did they let the roads get bad enough to cause claims in the first place, and
2. WTF are they doing with the other billions they take off us motorists in tax???????

More Lying Labour weasel words!

Alcazar
Old 29 March 2004, 09:18 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said that man - my thoughts exactly when I heard it on the radio this morning
Old 29 March 2004, 10:26 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

14 months and counting
Old 29 March 2004, 10:55 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

swallowed up in compensation claims
You forgot the word 'bogus' I think it comes out of Council Tax not road Tax.
Old 29 March 2004, 10:59 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Hey, are you some sort of leftie pinko? Everyone should blindly pay tax without thinking about it and stop all this whinging. Its cool to pay tax, the more and higher the better for us all

And road repairs come from road tax, why else do you think we pay road tax, oh I forgot, to pay for the unemployed, damn.
Old 29 March 2004, 11:30 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but there are many more claims these days. Some of it is due to the fact that some of the roads are in a poorer state of repair than in the past, but most of it due to the fact that the UK these days is full of lying, cheating, w**kers who will make bogus claims wthout even thinking about it.

Before you start disagreeing just think about the amount of people you've heard of who claim for whiplash injuries in any minor car accident and if you haven't hear dof anyone you must be deaf or live as a hermit on a remote Scottish island.

tiggers.
Old 30 March 2004, 08:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by tiggers
Sorry, but there are many more claims these days. Some of it is due to the fact that some of the roads are in a poorer state of repair than in the past, but most of it due to the fact that the UK these days is full of lying, cheating, w**kers who will make bogus claims wthout even thinking about it.

Before you start disagreeing just think about the amount of people you've heard of who claim for whiplash injuries in any minor car accident and if you haven't hear dof anyone you must be deaf or live as a hermit on a remote Scottish island.

tiggers.
Pardon???? Hang on a moment while I go and change my shell on the beach of this remote scottish island.....................oh, sorry, not that kind of hermit??? :

Seriously though, I do take your point. What riles me is the underhand way the councils/government are once again trying to shift the blame for the awful state of our roads, and why they never seem to spend money on decent improvements.

There's a road near me which is NOTORIOUS for accidents, including fatalities. It's typical Lincolnshire road that has more right angled bends than it has straights, with hedges to cut down the chance of seeing round corners, and lots of heavy lorries.
In France, said road would have been straightened years ago. Not here. It gets resurfaced, some bits get a couple of feet widened, but mostly we get told by the @rsehole traffic plod safety officer to "drive to the conditions. Roads aren't dangerous it's the drivers that are dangerous".
Facile cr@p!!!!

Oh, but there's always money for scameras, humps or daft chicanes

Alcazar
Old 30 March 2004, 01:49 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Angry

Plenty of money to put speed bumps on roads with massive pot holes in.