Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

trying to get rid of call carrier

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2004, 10:46 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry trying to get rid of call carrier

basically, i want to route my calls back to BT but i have no idea how to do it. the lines are rented from BT, but AFAICWO when the phone system (LG) was installed, the installer programmed the system to dial a call carrier number. there isn't the usual auto dialler thing attached to the system anywhere. i have phoned BT on several ocassions, and they have promised to send engineers round etc, but nothing ever happens. it's starting to hack me off now. anyone have any idea how i can get the calls to revert back to BT?
Old 23 March 2004, 11:33 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

PC,

You need to get the engineer out, if theres no smart dialler involved then the switch has been programmed with an Indirect Access (IDA) code which prefixes each call you make with a (typically) 4 digit number. You need it de-programming basically.

cheers

Gary
Old 23 March 2004, 11:37 AM
ChrisB

To add, BT generally won't touch the LG switch to remove the prefix - you'd need to get the dealer who sold it out (or somebody out of Yellow Pages).

As stop gap, you usually have a code to prefix numbers with to force them on to BT rather than the LCR carrier. Don't suppose the installer told you that?

Chris.
Old 23 March 2004, 11:54 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

cheers for the info.

one person i spoke to at BT said they'd organise a (non BT) engineer to come out and de-programme the phone. nothing happened so i phoned back and spoke to someone else who said BT would not have anything to do with the de-programming and didn't believe that anyone would have told me different

looks like i'll have to get some local phone people out - i doubt the installer will want to do it as he must have been getting the kick-back from the call carrier he signed us up with.