Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How would you fell about this - Virgin BroadBand+poor service = £75 bill!

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2004, 12:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default How would you fell about this - Virgin BroadBand+poor service = £75 bill!

Sorry Mods-don't mean to be a pain.
I've posted this in Computer Related but could do with more opinions on what people would do in my situation? - Pay up or fight?

Just got an Email from Virgin that they are about to take £74.97 out of my account as it has taken them 3 months to set up my Direct Debit!

I started Virgin BB last year and initially it was paid via credit card. Then in November after complaining about the October service I set up a DD from my currrent account and demanded that I not pay for October which they did.

Unknown to me they have now taken 3 months to set up the DD and at the end of the month plan to take this amount from my account. I was a bit miffed that I wasn't told about this before and that although the girl on the phone said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to set up the DD it shouldn't take over 12 weeks.

I also asked why they left it so late to contact me and I was told I had been contacted in January but I have not received the mail and have asked for a copy to be sent to me.

Normally I wouldn't be too bothered but I've got two cars to tax and the Scoob to service in March so them taking £75 has come at the wrong time.

I'm tempted to cancel the DD and write a letter of complaint. Yes I used the Virgin service for the last 3 months but I should have had prior warning that this may happen and that their administration system is unacceptable if it takes them 12 weeks to set up a DD.
Old 19 February 2004, 04:56 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But on the other hand, you signed up for the service and agreed to pay them X amount a month. You could have rung them and asked why it hadn't left your account. You could have planned on them taking out the full sum, as many companies do and put that amount away each month, in case.

I'd write a letter of complaint, if you really feel it necessary, but you have been using their services.