Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 06:41 PM
chump
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Drivers

Ok so I'm 24 and not exactly experienced on the road but I'm absolutely amazed at how recently (the last 3-4 years) the ratio of idiot drivers on the road has increased. I drive 70 miles per day which includes Motorway driving for 60 miles of that journey. EVERY day I encounter the same things which are slowly driving me insane :

1] Undertakers - just because you leave a braking distance of 5-6 car lengths (which at 80mph isn't enough anyway) and even though you are still overtaking cars on the inside two lanes....they still fckuing under take you and then cut in thinking that it's really going to get them there any quicker.

2] Mainly BMW and Van Drivers who think that they can bully their way past you by driving so close to your rear bumper that you can't even see their front lights.....

3] I had one instance today where I was in the overtaking (aka BMW lane) lane and a white van was in the 2nd land. We were both level pegging and he started to signal to come into my lane. He knew I was there a didn't move for a good 1/2 mile as the flow of traffic dictated.....i guess he then thought **** it and just veered sideways into my car meaning that I had to brake really hard causing the car behind to nearly shaft me up the rear......

4] Middle/BMW Lane Hoggers.......these two lanes are empty but for some reason they insist on sitting in one of these lanes, not overtaking anyone for miles, as myself and allother cars cruise past them on the inside lane.....who the **** are you overtaking?????

5] Risk Takers........People who are turning right on an 'A' road. Filter into the center section and then wait to turn right. I can't believe how many people will continue to turn even when the cars coming in the other direction are literally only 25-50 metres away doing 60-70mph. One day there is going to be a fckuing awful T Bone incident and I don't mean of the steak variety.....

Funny thing is the only reason people do this is to get where they're going quicker. But ironically i see the same idiots 30 miles later about 5 cars lengths in front of me

Needed to get this off my chest as I am sick and tired of motorway driving and can't wait (in 6 months) for when I move to within 1.5 miles from work

Chump