Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

spooky goings on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2004, 09:29 AM
allgrownup
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has ne body ever been in contact with a ghost??

I keep watching this programme called most haunted on sky1 at 10'00 and it freaks me out I think I see ghosts in my front room when it's on and then i have to run up the stairs when i'm going o bed because I get soooo scared am I just a wimp or do other people get this happening to them??

If your going to tell me not to watch these programmes plz dont as I am addicted !! ...............
Old 28 January 2004, 09:36 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

This is a wind-up, right?

Alcazar:
Old 28 January 2004, 09:36 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Your a whimp, you'll be telling me you belive in father christmas and the tooth fairy next
Old 28 January 2004, 09:39 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

with an admition like that your not exactly living up to your username are you
Old 28 January 2004, 09:51 AM
allgrownup
Scooby Regular

no its not a wind up!! honest i do it's really freaking me out.. apparently an old woman was murdered in the house where i live and i think that has sent my head stupid messages

excuse me my name is true i am grown up and so what if i believe in santa and the tooth fairy and maybe easter bunny they dont scare me

but hey i am being soo serious
do any of you have sky??

if so watch it and youll see wot i mean
Old 28 January 2004, 09:56 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Red face

Could be worse you could have Patrick Swazye haunting the place! Now that would be scary
Old 28 January 2004, 10:03 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

allgrownup how old are you?
Old 28 January 2004, 10:58 AM
allgrownup
Scooby Regular

im 18 why???
i know i seem to act like im a lot younger when it comes to this but underneath im S***TING MYSELF
Old 28 January 2004, 11:14 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Old 28 January 2004, 11:16 AM
allgrownup
Scooby Regular

excuse me!! ok then why dont you come t my house and well watch most haunted and see if your a ***** becuse i bet you will be
Old 28 January 2004, 11:20 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Having an ex girlfriend who used to live in Pluckley (Kent) I doubt it
Old 28 January 2004, 11:28 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Get a grip of your irrational fears.... and NEVER show weakness infront of the Scoobynet vultures!
Old 28 January 2004, 11:30 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I fail to see how I am going to be scared by a program on fictional entities. Just like I wasn't sacred by Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser etc etc. "I t ' s n o t r e a l". Take it for what it is - a laugh!

Goblins, elfs, ghosts, spirits, faries, poltergiests, palm reading, homeopathy, god, ghoules, zombies - all a load of tosh, just amazes me that people continue to hold on to kids fairy tales once they get past about 10 years old. Some people never seem to be able to let go...
Old 28 January 2004, 11:34 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I agree to that apart from homeopathy
Old 28 January 2004, 11:41 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Scooby96 - well if you use homeopathy then good luck to you! You are entitled to your beliefs of course just suggest you do some serious reading about it before you rest too much on it. By that I mean don't look at the people promoting homeopathy, look at the ones that don't rate it and look at the evidence they put forward for it not being effective.

I have read both sides and OK I come from a scientific background, but I can't find any reason why homeopathy should work. I know people would claim you don't have to know how it works for it to work, but if there is no scientific evidence I start getting skeptical. Anyway - happy reading!
Old 28 January 2004, 11:48 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Allgrownup:just read your profile, and realise you're an 18 year old girl.

Cue sharks..............................:

Alcazar

PS: got any pics??:
Old 28 January 2004, 11:51 AM
Subarstar
Scooby Regular

BOO!
Old 28 January 2004, 12:04 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Wink

der der.......der der........der der....der der...der der..der der.der der der....SNAP!

ok then why dont you come t my house
18 year old female hmmm - that offer still open??
Old 28 January 2004, 12:32 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
I'f you're scared now, I bet you'll be sh!tting yourself when these lot come round to watch it with you

What time?
Old 28 January 2004, 12:47 PM
allgrownup
Scooby Regular

for your info olly this is based on real life and it has a real psycic and he contacts spirits and they enter his body and speak

anyone who wants to come feel free

Saturday 9.30pm
Old 28 January 2004, 12:50 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You watch the programme...
It scares you...

Well stop bl00dy well watching it FFS!

<shakes head>
State of the bl00dy nation!
Old 28 January 2004, 12:52 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

anyone who wants to come feel free

Old 28 January 2004, 01:09 PM
allgrownup
Scooby Regular

i mean it anyone is welcome
Old 28 January 2004, 01:30 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

real life and it has a real psycic and he contacts spirits and they enter his body and speak
"Real psycic" - that's like saying "real goblin", they don't exist, they are con men / women. They act it out, it has been proved so many times I can't belive people still buy this and yet these people have never once been able to prove that they are in contact with the spirits.

They use a technique called cold reading. They ask very broad questions to see who "bites", and keep on going asking vague stuff and then people read in to it what they want and think the con man is wonderful how they knew that a 60 year old woman's parents were dead. Not rocket science really.

Do a google on cold reading. All the magicians use the same techniques when they do similar tricks, but at least they have the honesty to admit it is a trick.

These so called psycics are a scourge on society and cause people real emotional stress with the garbage they come out with. Also look at James Randi and open your eyes!
Old 28 January 2004, 01:35 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Apparently they generalise and dilute everything so much that what they say could fit most situations.

However my mum went to see one and has a recording of it - shes said she will never let me listen to it for some reason but that she was "shaken to the core by its accuracy"

Old 28 January 2004, 01:48 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

shaken to the core by its accuracy
If she is asked direct questions and replies only with "Yes" or "No" and her face was hidden from view so nothing could be gained from her expresion and then the spiritualist came out with "X dies on Thursday 13th of April 19XX of pneumonia brought on by an extensive period of immobility caused initially by a stroke 3 months previously" then yes I would be quite impressed.

I suspect it was more like "A man in your life, with a "p" in his name died some time ago, you were very close weren't you? You wish you could have said more to him before he died" With a few probing questions more detail can be added.

I suspect the real reason is that your Mum chooses to belive in this stuff and if any skeptical person were to hear it subsequently she knows it could be ripped so full of holes that it would destroy her illusion. She is entitled to hold her beliefs in these people, it just annoys me they claim to be helping and then charge people for some made up vague **** and bull.

If you do ever get to hear the tape, do me a favour, count the "misses" as well as the "hits" By that I mean all the gueses that are incorrect, also consider they may fire 5 or 6 questions without actually waiting for a response as they will be looking for a facial response. When you do that and find the hit to miss ratio is 1:10 or worse, ask yourself if they really are in contact with the spirits!
Old 28 January 2004, 03:16 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

The Psychic on Most Haunted is Derek Achora. I for one believe him. He is not given any information about the location they will be investigating. Many times he has given specific names and facts people can trace. Derek does not ask searching questions, he gives facts. So much so I want to goto one of his shows.

I believe in the Spirit Word / Life after death. I have witnesed a ghost, my grand parents used to do Ouji (SP) boards, it was always correct. One day it said that one of the sons had been in an accident. Few minutes later the phone rings. Yep, one of the sons had been in an accident.

There are too many things in life we don't / can't understand.

Old 28 January 2004, 03:33 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The Psychic on Most Haunted is Derek Achora.
Yup he is well known

I for one believe him.
That's your perogitive of course

He is not given any information about the location they will be investigating.
That's what they want you to think.

Many times he has given specific names and facts people can trace. Derek does not ask searching questions, he gives facts.
Define "fact", how long was the total recording time for the show and so therefore how many wrong guesses (and that's what they are) have been editied out? Facts like "a man with an 'a' in his name lived here once" are not really that hard to come out with and are so vague they stand a good chance of being right.

I believe in the Spirit Word / Life after death. I have witnesed a ghost, my grand parents used to do Ouji (SP) boards, it was always correct. One day it said that one of the sons had been in an accident. Few minutes later the phone rings. Yep, one of the sons had been in an accident.
You belive what you want to belive!

There are too many things in life we don't / can't understand.
Many things we don't understand "yet", but I doubt there is much if anything that in time we can't understand. Just look at history a few hundrd years ago everybody belived the earth was flat, then that the sun went round the earth. Just because somebody gives you an explanation for something you don't understand does not mean it is correct. Look at things logically, if psychics were real, it would have a fundamental life changing affect on everybody in the world, it hasn't, what does that tell you?

Old 28 January 2004, 05:24 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Question

Please explain how a snooker ball lifts from a pocket, travels through the air then drops to the floor and stops without rolling.

I eagerly await your rational, scientific explanation.

Cheers.

You belive what you want to belive!
So how do you explain it. The board tells you it's happened, then the phone rings and tells you it's happened. Too much of a coincidence! You could not have known it to guide the answer from the board.

Based on what I have experienced I believe.
You seem to have not experienced so do not believe or do not wish to believe.

Another thing, when my Grandfather died his dog started howling. My Grandfther was miles away. The TOD was confirmed as the same time the dog started howling. It had never done this before. No one can explain why the dog did this. It has some way of knowing, a way we don't understand.

A rational / scientific explaination for the above cheers.
Old 28 January 2004, 05:42 PM
BlackScoobyWRX
Scooby Regular

Wink

It's not the dead you need to worry about m8 -
it's those ******* that are alive that can cause you problems !!

Quick Reply: spooky goings on!!!